The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
I meant among the 650m ones

Why not I constantly run mine at 1200 MHz and even did 3dmark at 1300 MHz :D doesn't really do any damage at all temps were around 68 too

btw anyone still hasnt posted their 3dmark scores from 750m?

i got 1810 on base clocks with stock drivers in firestrike

Guys.... Can someone tell me what warranty you all got on your Y500? these people are telling tht the y500 comes with 1 year only =/

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i got 1810 on base clocks with stock drivers in firestrike

Guys.... Can someone tell me what warranty you all got on your Y500? these people are telling tht the y500 comes with 1 year only =/
the popular 1 year + 2nd year offsite warranty comes for an extra 1.5 k or so from base price

yomanabhi

Journeyman
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) 650 one
Has (as on flipkart)
Elan Touchpad
AccuType Keyboard instead of backlit keyboard :evil:

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) 750 one
Elan Touchpad
Backlit Keyboard

Both have same resolution but people still debating on display:-?

It is easier to move around this laptop? as i have carry off to my college

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) 650 one
Has (as on flipkart)
Elan Touchpad
AccuType Keyboard instead of backlit keyboard :evil:

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) 750 one
Elan Touchpad
Backlit Keyboard

Both have same resolution but people still debating on display:-?

It is easier to move around this laptop? as i have carry off to my college

Dump the Flipkart Specifications list as their website designing team are crap and high on drugs... The specs sheet has got errors everywhere...
Now, to clear your mind:
Both the models have the same processor, RAM, HDD, etc, etc...
The only differences are:
1. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) has a GT650m with FULL HD display (1080p)
2. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) has a GT750m with HD display (768p)

They have the same back-lit accutype keyboard!!!
They also have the same synaptics touch-pad now... The Elan touchpad was available on the older models of Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) but newer models (post March) have synaptics on them...
And, both models weigh 2.7 Kg, so depends on how much muscle you have!!!
P.S.: A word of advice... How about reading the thread carefully before posting???

yomanabhi

Journeyman
Dump the Flipkart Specifications list as their website designing team are crap and high on drugs... The specs sheet has got errors everywhere...
Now, to clear your mind:

They also have the same synaptics touch-pad now... The Elan touchpad was available on the older models of Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) but newer models (post March) have synaptics on them...
P.S.: A word of advice... How about reading the thread carefully before posting???

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) has a GT650m with FULL HD display....What its resolution?

Got no time for read whole thread of 41 page....:lol:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) has a GT650m with FULL HD display....What its resolution?

Got no time for read whole thread of 41 page....:lol:

It has got Full HD display, so what do you think the resolution will be??? Ofcourse, it's 1920x1080, otherwise known as 1080p...
Source: See my signature below!!!:mrgreen:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Now, to clear your mind:

the 750m model comes with elan.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Okay, guys...
Need a little heads up... :)
I was surfing the net for Lenovo Warranty terms and conditions for the Y500 and came up on this page which had the Lenovo International Warranty Service Terms And Conditions. Scanning through the page religiously, I came up on this tool to determine the machine's warranty entitlement, IWS eligibility, and if IWS service is available in India.
Surprise, surprise... It seems IWS is available in India for the Y500!!! :-D:-D
What's your opinion on this, guys??? :-?

HeRock

Broken In
Okay, guys...
I was surfing the net for Lenovo Warranty terms and conditions for the Y500 and came up on this page which had the Lenovo International Warranty Service Terms And Conditions. Scanning through the page religiously, I came up on this tool to determine the machine's warranty entitlement, IWS eligibility, and if IWS service is available in India.

But I've read that to avail IWS you need to show them proof of purchase, including proof of travel..

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Okay, guys...

nt for your model :(

you see, these days, generally all laptops have international warranty. Warranty is applicable as long as they sell that model in that specific country. Your's however has a 3630qm and the indian one has a 3632qm. So they'll probably tell you its not applicable.
Try calling Indian support numbers ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
nt for your model :(

you see, these days, generally all laptops have international warranty. Warranty is applicable as long as they sell that model in that specific country. Your's however has a 3630qm and the indian one has a 3632qm. So they'll probably tell you its not applicable.
Try calling Indian support numbers ?
Oh, that's sad... Anyway, my Y500 is going strong... :)

Top Bottom