The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
SteelSeries North America - SteelSeries QcK mini

The above one ...right ? Steelseries qck mini

Which one from below :

Flipkart.com: Online Store
take the basic black qck models. it comes it different sizes hence prices. 525 one is the cheapest and smallest. open the page to see the dimensions and choose whichever to your liking. i prefer
*www.flipkart.com/steelseries-qck-m..._2&otracker=from-search&query=steelseries qck

p.s. razer makes really bad quality mouses. i mean they are very good while they last but they break really really easily. my cs addicted friends back in college in total bought like 10 razer mouses and in average it lasted about 6 months.

1. Mostly......no. But I'm planning to buy one as in college area temp rises to ~45C. At that time laptop's temp. 65-70C at idle. Keyboard also malfunctions.
2. I'm using Logitech mouse. If u r willing to spend, buy one from Razer or Steel Series

even an idle of 65 and a max load of say 80 is highly acceptable. laptops run at 90-100 C without throttling. im not saying this is ideal but then 80C wouldnt be a problem

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Doesn't heat degrade electronic components?
it does but not like you have to go out of your way to install a cooling pad. laptop components are designed for higher temperatures than desktops. my old dell studio used to run at like 90 C and still works 4 years now. it depends on the quality of components i guess but as long as you are way below the threshold, it shouldnt matter in a lifespan of say 3 years. to maintain your component quality you should ensure that there is no dust buildup inside the laptop e.g. use compressed air cans, open and clean etc. dust is the major enemy of laptops. trust me one time i cleaned the dust and temps dropped by 8 freaking degrees, which is alot.

this laptop has amazing cooling compared to most other laptops and shouldnt be a problem in the long run IMO

in my personal experience and those of my friends back in hostel, the more you use a laptop the less the chances are of it getting broken. sounds weird but just applying probability here. some friends barely use their laptop and it breaks down easily while those who use it alot have a good lifespan. not saying theres a logic or anything to this but just observed this :D

ok now I have been using this since the evening only for updating or basic surfing....the left cooling vent at the bottom of the laptop gets warm after a couple of hours....however the right one remains cold...is that weird???
I think the right side of the cooling vent would be used only when we use a dvd etc right???

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ok now I have been using this since the evening only for updating or basic surfing....the left cooling vent at the bottom of the laptop gets warm after a couple of hours....however the right one remains cold...is that weird???
I think the right side of the cooling vent would be used only when we use a dvd etc right???

there is no right fan only left. the grill is in case for sli inw hich case both the sides will get warm.

H2O

Journeyman
@geekindisguise
the laptop with 750m has full hd display????

I don't think so.

I am in a proper dilemma. Can't decide whether to buy the 650m with Full HD or 750m with Only HD or wait for Y510p to be released in India. Although, I am tilting towards buying the 650m with Full HD.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I don't think so.

I am in a proper dilemma. Can't decide whether to buy the 650m with Full HD or 750m with Only HD or wait for Y510p to be released in India. Although, I am tilting towards buying the 650m with Full HD.

I'll say you should buy the Y500 with 650m and FullHD...
The 750m is just an overclocked 650m, you know... You could always overclock the 650m, if you needed to...
Or, you can order the Y510p internationally since I don't think it'll be available in India any time soon and when it does become available, God know what version Lenovo are going to release in India!!! :evil::evil:

The 750m is just an overclocked 650m, you know... You could always overclock the 650m, if you needed to...
Or, you can order the Y510p internationally since I don't think it'll be available in India any time soon and when it does become available, only Lenovo knows what version they are going to release in India!!! :evil::evil:

+1....

Harsh23

Broken In
But Some dude at the FB Page of Y500 said that he manually changed the res to 1920*1080..
Check it out on FB..
If it's only HD then it must be a glitch...

just tried playing sleeping dogs on this...at 1920x1080 extreme graphics....got good frames but was throttling....but the amount of hot air....god it was immense....one could actually feel the fans throwing out hot air....I tried playing at 1366x768 extreme....hot air was moderate...turned it off...it cooled down in 5 minutes....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
just tried playing sleeping dogs on this...at 1920x1080 extreme graphics....got good frames but was throttling....but the amount of hot air....god it was immense....one could actually feel the fans throwing out hot air....I tried playing at 1366x768 extreme....hot air was moderate...turned it off...it cooled down in 5 minutes....

seriously throttling ? probably just bad frames i have to overclock to play in extreme. its not throttling bro . try lowering anti aliasing it works fine in extreme with anti aliasing off, which is not really required to begin with

But Some dude at the FB Page of Y500 said that he manually changed the res to 1920*1080..
Check it out on FB..
If it's only HD then it must be a glitch...
and i suppose he can turn water into wine? ( a little joke )

Last edited:

deadzone

Journeyman
My GT750 y500 has arrived......awesome graphics in BioShock infinite,downloaded 1week back and just installed in this beast.

Now setting it up for play.

-----------------------------------------
One thing I am seeing is a large vent below....is it open by default,no air coming from there ?

H2O

Journeyman
Or, you can order the Y510p internationally since I don't think it'll be available in India any time soon and when it does become available, God know what version Lenovo are going to release in India!!! :evil::evil:

Yeah. I will go with the 650m one. Was just being hopeful about Y510p really.

My GT750 y500 has arrived......awesome graphics in BioShock infinite,downloaded 1week back and just installed in this beast.

Now setting it up for play.

-----------------------------------------
One thing I am seeing is a large vent below....is it open by default,no air coming from there ?

Nice. :)

Harsh23

Broken In
Hey Guys I Got the 650m version from a local dealer..
I have only 2 partitions..
I want 4 partitions can anybody tell me how to do it with messing with the recovery...

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman

dude but here you are mentioning you played game in full hd.
you have 750m right?

Top Bottom