The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Arnab.rc

Broken In
its still 64600 if u buy it frm flipkart (with card facility ).. 1080p confirmed... really.. they are doing some shitty business..:( increased the price like 3k from optimum....) thinking about waiting some days n then bargain in local market...

Yeah. I tried searching the 650M Model in Bhubaneswar. But, Its not there.

there is no point of getting 650 when u got 750 available probably at the same price..! in my opinion...

in my opinion....when v hv waited fr so many days, v shud wait fr sum more days fr d prices to come down...coz frankly i don think paying 67K fr dis is sensible...it does nt hav a sub-woofer, v'll b worried abt d touchpad, it does nt give away free softwares as in dell nd possibly many more issues....all dis even aftr paying 67K.....cmon guys...v shud b a bit more patient...

Arnab.rc

Broken In
a day ago its 61.6k in online store(flipkart!!).. so the price will fall for sure.. if we wait.. then why not for 510p itself.. :/.. its also covered up the only negative imo--display with non glare ..!! now that one "is" gonna be a perfect laptop... lets see.. all i can see is that in nxt 1 mnth we gonna have a lot of options in our hand ...
in my opinion....when v hv waited fr so many days, v shud wait fr sum more days fr d prices to come down...coz frankly i don think paying 67K fr dis is sensible...it does nt hav a sub-woofer, v'll b worried abt d touchpad, it does nt give away free softwares as in dell nd possibly many more issues....all dis even aftr paying 67K.....cmon guys...v shud b a bit more patient...

H2O

Journeyman
Talked with Flipkart guys. They say its 1080p Full HD. Although many are saying its 720p. Extremely confusing.

Maybe there are two versions of Y500 in market now. FK n some other stores have confirmed 1080p display. But some ppl got 720p display.
I feel sorry for my friend who bought Y500 with 750M n 720p display @ 69k.

H2O

Journeyman
Its crazy really.

Hoping Deadzone and others who have ordered from Flipkart get the 1080p Full HD Display.

GT750, 1080p... confirmed by them

I placed an order wid Lenovo shop at 1 g.c.avenue....today dey we supposed to deliver me d product...wen I opened it turned out to be 1366x768....dey don't know wat dey r selling.....yesterday dey confirmed me 1920x1080 ...nw dey say dat dis is all v hv and dey can't say if full HD will b delivered to dem or not....dont buy from dat shop...one should at least know what one is selling....

Wat do u guys say....should I settle for 1366x768 or wait for people to receive their product from flipkart and then order from flipkart????

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I placed an order wid Lenovo shop at 1 g.c.avenue....today dey we supposed to deliver me d product...wen I opened it turned out to be 1366x768....dey don't know wat dey r selling.....yesterday dey confirmed me 1920x1080 ...nw dey say dat dis is all v hv and dey can't say if full HD will b delivered to dem or not....dont buy from dat shop...one should at least know what one is selling....

Wat do u guys say....should I settle for 1366x768 or wait for people to receive their product from flipkart and then order from flipkart????

@geekindisguise
Could you please check what the model no. is of the lappy that you received with 1366x768 resolution???:)

model number 9647...6619 discontinued permanently as per lenovo guys...

flipkart nw says delivered in 2-3 days....those who ordered earler,can u plz check up on ur shipment status nd tell us wen is ur shipment expected???

ok nw lets discuss....do v really need a 1080p screen???
most of us here wud b using d laptop fr movies, videos, gaming, internet surfing etc...very few of us wud b using it fr graphic designing etc...
please correct me on des points if im wrong-
MOVIES-the lappy comes wid a DVD drive i.e. v wil b able play only dvds which i guess is nt more than 720p....u can download 1080p movies from d internet but den its around 2gb...d download cost wud b high if ur using a high speed connection...so possibly v wud nyway settle fr a 720p movie.
GAMING-as far as i know most of the games wud throttle/give low fps on 1080p screen ...so v wud ultimately hv to settle fr gaming on a lower resolution.
GENERAL USE-fr stuff like interent surfing etc....i dont think it wud make much of a difference.

so wat do u say guys???
coz as per my research dis lappy comes only wid 133x768 res in india....nd model number 6619 is permanently discontinued....

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
My dilemma is even more unique... I am from Guwahati and here the biggest tech shop (Datamation) has the previous model (6619) in stock...
So, can't decide whether I should buy the updated(really???) model from flipkart or the previous model locally from the shop!!! Guys help me decide...:sad:
The only thing holding me back is the graphics card... I know that the GT-750m is just an overclocked GT-650m but it is factory overclocked...
So, if I do buy the previous model and overclock it, I would be voiding my warranty incase it gets fried due to the insane heat at my NIT's hostels!!!

My dilemma is even more unique... I am from Guwahati and here the biggest tech shop (Datamation) has the previous model (6619) in stock...
So, can't decide whether I should buy the updated(really???) model from flipkart or the previous model locally from the shop!!! Guys help me decide...:sad:
The only thing holding me back is the graphics card... I know that the GT-750m is just an overclocked GT-650m but it is factory overclocked...
So, if I do buy the previous model and overclock it, I would be voiding my warranty incase it gets fried due to the insane heat at my NIT's hostels!!!
Lol....under the present condition i'd buy d old model over d updated model nd dat too immediately without thinking twice....as fr d graphics it barely makes ny diff....jus go fr d ol model nd dat too immediately bfor sum1 else gets it...

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I still got some time left, bro... :) This is NE(thats North-East, btw!!!)... That shop(the biggest in our city, mind you) got the model just last month... Pathetic condition of tech here...:-x I'll bet that the 10-15 pieces that they have will be in stock till the end of this year at the very least... In fact, they even have the HP Pavilion G6-2005 AX in stock (7 of them too!!!)... This model was like discontinued at the end of last year!!! LOL!!!:mrgreen:

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
60k... Cause it's still a good laptop with killer specs and looks... As for me, if I ever needed to watch 1080p stuff, I would probably do that on my 47" HDTV and not this 15.6" laptop!!! :)

I'll suggest that you buy the older Y500 ASAP. No need to overclock now. It can easily handle games in med-high settings in 1080p resolution(no AA). Still there is no confirmation on Y500 with 1080p screen n GT750M. Check this , then model number in Flipkart

BTW which NIT are u studying in ?

HeRock

Broken In
Hey guys got the new Y500 from Vedant Computers (kolkata) for 65k today... the custom model number is Y500 59379647... it has GT750m .. but to my surprise the screen is NOT 1080p!!! :-( The resolution is 1366x768 ... I'm damn sure the flipkart version will also be the same.. as the custom model number is same...

Top Bottom