The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The Half-Life and Counterstrike Thread

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=This is the thread related to all Counter Strike/Half Life games like-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

:arrow: Counter Strike (version 1.5) a.k.a (CS 1.5)
:arrow: Counter Strike (version 1.6) a.k.a (CS 1.6)
:arrow: Counter Strike-Source a.k.a (CSS)
:arrow: Counter Strike-Condition Zero a.k.a (CS-CZ)
:arrow: Half Life-2 (all HL2 genres) a.k.a (HL2)
:arrow: Day OF Defeat a.k.a (DOD)
:arrow: Day Of Defeat-Source a.ka.(DOD-S)
============================================================================

:idea: NOTE: CS 1.6 is based on the HL (half Life engine) and CSS (CS:SOURCE) is based on the SOURCE engine (a.k.a Half Life 2 engine). Scroll thru this thread pages to get more details/finer points/hints/install info about the CS game.

I request all the members (New and old) to please post ur topics in this forum by first stating the game name in ur post and then continuing the querry/answers.

:arrow: For Downloading Maps,files (for CS,CSS,CS-CZ) see this link:
www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/cstrike

:arrow: For more additional maps of CS 1.6, see this link:
www.counter-strike.com/cs16_custom_maps.php

:arrow: For maps of CSS see this link:
www.counter-strike.com/cssource_maps.php

:arrow: For CS weapons, see this link:
www.fileplanet.com/63928/60000/fileinfo/Counter-Strike-Weapons-Pack

:arrow: For CS bots see this link:
www.gaminglinks.info/counterstrike/cs_bots_1.html

botman.planethalflife.gamespy.com/links.shtml
===========================================================================
==========================================================================

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= TIPS ON HOW TO USE "zbots" -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

bot_difficulty <value>
0-3
0 easiest 3 -expert any value>3 givs expertmode only

bot_add
adds a bot randomly to a team t/ct

bot_add_t
bot_add_ct
adds bot to T or CT

bots_quota <value>
no. of bots u want in the game T+CT

bots_kill
kill all alive bots

bot_kick [name]
kicks all bots game if u supply a name then the bot with that name will be kicked

luk if u r currently playin with easier bots and want to go to expert
here is the way

first kick all --->set level to expert ---->re set ur bot quota
bot_kick
bot_difficulty 3
bot_quota 9
Its jus a thread combining all CS,HL2 and DOD games so tat ppl can get answers quickly and efficiently.

Given to me by my Friend---> Mukul

-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Quick Buys =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With steam and cs1.6, a new concept is introduced... the ability to buy weapons using console names. This is great for anyone who wants to buy all their equipt in a keystroke.

The weapons, and their bind names:

Weapon name - Console command
---------------------------------
Primary Ammo - "primammo"
Secondary Ammo - "secammo"

USP Pistol - "usp"
Desert Eagle- "deagle"
Glock - "glock"

IMI Galil - "galil"
FAMAS - "famas"
M4A1 - "m4a1"
AK47 - "ak47"

HE Gernade - "hegren"
Flash nade - "flash"
Smoke nade - "smoke"

Helmet/body armor - "vesthelm"
Body armor - "vest"

To help you understand how to use these, I'll give you an example of buying an M4A1, Primary ammo, body armor + helmet and a HE nade. Paste this line into your console, replace KEY with the keyboard key you want to use to buy stuff.

bind "KEY" "m4a1; primammo; vesthelm; hegren"

You can just add or remove things you dont want. Make sure to have a ; (semicolon) after the weapon names.

Date this Info was added/updated: 29th Feb, 2008 at 10.50 Hrs.

Info by Mukul: CS 1.6 full:

*gamer.lipetsk.ru/uploads/PDdo...s16full_v7.exe
*soc.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/Half-Li...6full_zbot.zip
*cs.wire.lv/files/cs16full_v6-cs_wire_lv.exe
*www.svsbb.sk/~medved/nnf/files/cs16full_v7.exe

Now download the patch you require:

19-th patch:
*www.counter-strike.lt/failai/...h_full_V19.exe
*cs.balticum.lt/downloads/cs16patch_full_V19.exe

21-st patch:
*www.counter-strike.lt/failai/...full_v21_2.exe
*numeron.phpx.cz/cs/patch/cs16patch_full_v21.exe
*cs.northnet.ru/downloads/patc...full_v21_2.exe

22-nd Patch:
*cs.northnet.ru/downloads/patc...h_full_V22.exe

23-rd patch:
*www.game.tlt.ru/files/Game/Co...h_full_V23.exe

26-th patch:
*liga.cznonsteam.net/download/...h_full_v26.exe
*counter-strike.bonusweb.cz/do...h_full_v26.exe

27-th patch:
*files.tahku.ru/cs16patch_full_v27.exe
*games.sugardas.lt/cs16stats/d...h_full_v27.rar
*thcgroup.org/dl/cs16patch_full_v27.exe

28-th patch:sad: i have not tested it)
*depositfiles.com/en/files/214...tch_v28_(.html
*d1.vbios.com/files/cs/cs16pat...v28_(3382).rar

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
-=-=-=-=-=-=- Tips on how to Install maps and play them from the Menu of CS -=-=-=-=-=-=-

** Now since the map is downloaded (from the links given above or use this link <A href="*<a%20href=/" target=_blank>www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/cstrike

** Extract the map (using any ZIP utility) in ur cstrike folder>maps and the map wich u hv extracted will hv a .bsp extension.

** Locate a text file named as mapcycle.txt in the "cstrike" folder) and write the name of the map u hv jus extracted eg: de_aztec (without the .bsp extension) and only the map name. Save and close the text file and wen u start the CS game, u will see ur newly map in the map options.

NOTE:

** If the map contains folders other than the ".bsp" extension file like the gfx, sound, models, sprites etc. then copy the files or subfolders (folders contained within folders eg: in models folder, if another subfolder is present, then copy that subfolder in "cstrike>models" )
llly, for sound if there is another subfolder (of that map) then it is NOT REQUIRED that individual files must be copied to "cstrike>sound" folder of CS 1.6, instead copying the entire subfolder (from sounds folder to "E:\Lords\Counter Strike 1.6>cstrike>sounds") will do.

** For ".bsp" files, copy them to "cstrike>maps" folder.

** For ".txt" files, copy them to "cstrike>maps" folder.

** For ".tga" files, copy them to "cstrike>gfx>env" folder.

** For ".wav" files, copy them to "cstrike>sound>ambience

** For Sound subfolders, copy them to "cstrike>sound" folder.

** For ".spr" files, copy them to "cstrike>sprites" folder.

** For subfolders present in the "sprites" folder, copy the subfolder to "cstrike>sprites" folder.

** For ".mdl" files, copy them to "cstrike>models" folder.

** For ".wad" files, copy the files to "cstrike" folder ONLY.

** For RES files, copy them to cstrike>RESOURCE folder.

** For ".mdl" subfolders (model files), copy them to "cstrike>models" folder.

** For ".nav" files, copy them to "cstrike>maps" folder

** For files in the "overviews" folder (which contains map image and txt file), copy the files to "cstrike>overviews" folder.

Date this Info was added: 27th Oct, 2006 at 18.14 Hrs.

Cheers n e-peace

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i also support to make this thread sticky as this will make the section more clean of small threads related to these games... :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE TRY TO MAKE THIS THREAD STICKY ?? THANKS.

wizrulz wrote:
i also support to make this thread sticky as this will make the section more clean of small threads related to these games...
Thanx a lot for ur comments guys... :)
BTW way wat maps are u guys playing in CS ?? Im currently enjoying the de-aztec as well as the newly downloaded map de_dust2 as well as aim_pistols in this, u hv to kill ur opponents and no Bomb plantings or diffusing as well as no hostages rescue in this mission. The Terrorists get a set of 6 pistols (there is even an option of a double hand pistol cowboy style) and they hv to kill the CTs by diving under water and capturing their area.The good point in this map is tat the Terrorosts cannot buy any items and they jus hv to switch between the 6 pistols they hv with them.

cheers n e-peace.....

cypher

Broken In
@ashu888ashu888

u said "Well no bro, there is no separate launcher available for CS.
Please continue ur discussions here www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36892 as it willo be better for other users as well to find out more in CS and its related games.... Smile

BTW,were u able to find the COUNTER STRIKE game from the HL2 launcher ??"

no. there woz no option for the change game or cud i launch cs form hl2 launcher :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
cypher wrote:
no. there woz no option for the change game or cud i launch cs form hl2 launcher
Well bro, u didnt even find any launcher for CS ??? :shock: So were u able to play the game?? CS i mean ??BTW, is ur HL2 an original copy and are u sure tat it contains CS 1.6 ?? Jus reinstall the game and see bro and post ur results :)

I too hv CS-CZ and its a bit confusing mission to me too.Im alone fighting and killing all the bad guys and i get stuck in one place and dnt knw where to go.

:!: Thanx for posting ur replies in this thread.It will avoid multiple smaller threads on the same topic. :)

cheers n e-peace.....

U2

Broken In
Hey the wepons for counterstrike are on "fileplanet" .........we have to register for download?....hey im not able to download from file plane.....howere if i am able to download it where will i extatct it and how will i add it to counter strike condition zero and then play with the new wepon offline (singleplayer)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
dIgItaL_BrAt wrote:
@ashu888ashu888: try using the bot_difficultyN command,where N is the difficulty level u want.
Thanx a lot bro :):) it worked, i hv set the difficulty from 0 (easy) to 2 (hard) thanx again bro.
U2 wrote:
Hey the wepons for counterstrike are on "fileplanet" .........we have to register for download?....hey im not able to download from file plane.....howere if i am able to download it where will i extatct it and how will i add it to counter strike condition zero and then play with the new wepon offline (singleplayer)
I think once u hv downloaded the file,there will be a text file wich will giv u the directions as to where to install the weapons pack.

:!: Welcome to the CS THREAD guys..Thanx for ur replies for starting this thread alive... :):)

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Hey ashu888,
I have installed HL2 with CS Source as an available option with the game. But, I don't know how to start CS offline, like you can play without joining the net, all against offline enemies, like missions. Please help. :? :)

U2

Broken In
well at the first plce i am not able to download the wepons pak becoz it asks me to register(pay moneY).....i have downloaded a map ...now tellme what should i do with it

cypher

Broken In
ashu888ashu888 said:
cypher wrote:
no. there woz no option for the change game or cud i launch cs form hl2 launcher
Well bro, u didnt even find any launcher for CS ??? :shock: So were u able to play the game?? CS i mean ??BTW, is ur HL2 an original copy and are u sure tat it contains CS 1.6 ?? Jus reinstall the game and see bro and post ur results :)

I too hv CS-CZ and its a bit confusing mission to me too.Im alone fighting and killing all the bad guys and i get stuck in one place and dnt knw where to go.

:!: Thanx for posting ur replies in this thread.It will avoid multiple smaller threads on the same topic. :)

cheers n e-peace.....

reinstalled it and did the validation thing again, but noooooooo launcher. think its curtains for cs :(

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
Hey ashu888,
I have installed HL2 with CS Source as an available option with the game. But, I don't know how to start CS offline, like you can play without joining the net, all against offline enemies, like missions. Please help.
Clik on the CS icon available in the folder.Also make sure that ur version is a NON LAN version (i.e: for PC and not for net).JUs locate the CS icon (launcher) and start the game and post ur results bro:)

U2 wrote:
well at the first plce i am not able to download the wepons pak becoz it asks me to register(pay moneY).....i have downloaded a map ...now tellme what should i do with it
YEs bro, ur rite the download is only for PAID subscribers :x Now since u hv downloaded the CS MAP,extract the map (using any ZIP utility) in ur cstrike folder>maps and the map wich u hv extracted wll hv a.bsp extension.

Now after doin this,locate a text file named as mapcycle.txt write the name of the map u hv jus extracted eg: de_aztec (without the .bsp extension)and only the map name. Save the text file and wen u start the CS game, u will see ur newly map in the map options. :)

BTW wat maps hv u d/loaded and is it for CS 1.6 or CSS?? I hv CS 1.6 and hv downloaded almost 15 maps and now my total tally of playable maps in the game is 45-maps. :)

cheers n e-peace....

U2

Broken In
CAn i play cs source final in a single player mode....how?....thanx for the help in the previous problem

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
ashu888ashu888 wrote:
Also make sure that ur version is a NON LAN version (i.e: for PC and not for net)
Hey, how to check that ?
Are u able to play ur game (without connection to net)??
There is only one version. You can play it online or offline with or without bots (computer controlled players), CS and CS:S are not compatible (one is on a HL engine and the other on a SOURCE engine). There is another version which has a single player game included this is counter strike:condition zero. :):)

cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U2 wrote:
CAn i play cs source final in a single player mode....how?....thanx for the help in the previous problem
Use the create game option in the CS menu, then add bots to your game and play the game.

NOTE: Two different versions of CS are available. CS 1.6 and CS:S or CS:source. the First runs on the original HL engine the 2nd on the source engine hence the 2 different names.( a general info for ppl who dnt knw) :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
ashu888ashu888 said:
Are u able to play ur game (without connection to net)??
There is only one version. You can play it online or offline with or without bots (computer controlled players), CS and CS:S are not compatible (one is on a HL engine and the other on a SOURCE engine). There is another version which has a single player game included this is counter strike:condition zero. :):)

cheers n e-peace.....

No, it requires Steam to be connected, i.e. in the Main Menu, it only shows to connect with your friends. This CS:Source, which I had installed with Half Life 2 a couple of days ago. Please help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom