The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Re: The Half-Life and Counterstrike Thread

seen nd done similar stuffs in Q3 nd UT but never seen or done in CS. In CS even a single grenade blast will make fatal damage nd well be left with only a few health points. And also while jumping we have the worst aim nd so it seems useless to do such things. Just expreesed my points. Dun know the real deal as Ive never seen/done it.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ Toxic
Any link for tat kind of video?

@ aravind
Yup, i agree with u...

hash!!

________

@arvind... thanks dude... the ai_disable ddnt quite work... but some random command line in the ai_debug thing did... :D

aquamatrix

Journeyman

i am not sure but i have seen a video in which a guy standing on A long (in dust2 map) uses a HE nade to jump to the base.

the trick as it is said to be is to jump when the grenade is about to explode.
i have tried it myself but no success at all :( .

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Guys,
1.) wat are bunnyhop maps and

2.) Do DM (death match maps ) for CS1.6 need any other kind of patch for its running or i jus hv to install the map (i knw the procedure to install a map)

Cheers n e-peace.....

mukul

Journeyman

ToxicSerpentz said:
i've seen some really cool cs videos and they do some really crazy stuff in it. i wanted to know if it actually can be done.
this guy throws a grenade on the ground, and when it explodes, he uses it to launch himself upwards and kills the other guy.
???

ya this is true/...... ihave tested it....

its called boosting in cs terminology

phoenix07

Right off the assembly line

guyz can any1 tell me the map name. I hav seen it in a lot of competition videos. it is a bomb planting defusing map. it has a l0t of boxes. it is the one present in 1 of the first scenes in ruination video where a guy takes out 4 ppl with clarion in a strt line.

Another thing is how can i record the entire cs game and not just the particular view i am spectating so i can capture a shot from any angle?

And why do the patches increase zoom time of snipers. the right click has to be held for a long long time before i watch in the scope of the sniper.Is there any way to reduce it back to normal.

Are zbots better or Podbots and can i install podbots on the zbot version.

I just can't seem to get to install csdm, lot of crashes. So i just wanted to confirm if it gets installed on zbot properly.

and sorry if i posted in a wrong place i am new to this forum.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

phoenix07 said:
guyz can any1 tell me the map name. I hav seen it in a lot of competition videos. it is a bomb planting defusing map. it has a l0t of boxes. it is the one present in 1 of the first scenes in ruination video where a guy takes out 4 ppl with clarion in a strt line.

Another thing is how can i record the entire cs game and not just the particular view i am spectating so i can capture a shot from any angle?

And why do the patches increase zoom time of snipers. the right click has to be held for a long long time before i watch in the scope of the sniper.Is there any way to reduce it back to normal.

I just can't seem to get to install csdm, lot of crashes. So i just wanted to confirm if it gets installed on zbot properly.

U hv posted in the absolutely correct section and thank u for not creating a new thread for this topic as this is the best place for ur answers. So here ur answering session goes : lol...

1.) Map already answered by Aqua (thanx bro, i will try tat out too) :)

2.) For the recording part, i think Mukul will answer tat wen he is around.

3.) Zbots are better than podbots coz zbots are ripped from CS-CZ so they are much more tactical and hv better AI (artificial intelligence) simply to say they react better than any bots available (only for CS 1.6, if u are playing tat)

4.) for csdm, jus try to install it first without the zbots and then post ur results.

NOTE: Its better to create a backup copy of ur Cstrike folder after a fresh install as if u do any modifications in it (like adding bots, files or other things) and if any thing goes hay--wire, u can always delete that Modified Cstrike folder and use the original (backup) fresh installed copy tat u hv created as back, by doin this, will save u time and especially ur patience by goin thru the unstallation of CS again and again.. :)

Happy New year 2007 to all guys related to this thread and to this Forum too

Cheers n e-peace......

phoenix07

Right off the assembly line

Thanks aqua nd ashu. but i hit another snag. when i downloaded the map cpl_mill. when i try to start a server with it it says wrong version number. i downloaded loads of other maps but got this error first time.

any solution???

thanx for info abt bots and i got to work them fine with csdm as well.

Now can any1 plz answer abt the recording part.

mukul

Journeyman

phoenix07 said:

I think i can answer whole of that,.....

1. de_cpl_mill
this is one of my favs..... its not a official steam map bt a map created specially for a tourni of international repute.
download link:
www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/971

2.u can recorrd the whole game all players and different viewpoints using HLTV. Its there in the steam installation directory..... there is a help file with it too. read it and use....its simple to use.... if u face any probs tell me more...

3. zooming and patching are totally unrelated ..... thats ur mouse fault probably.... serious gamer would think of changin its bit this time

4.definitely Zbots are better.Ashu told u vry correctly.

5.this is definitely the right forum

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ Mukul,

Wah! Kya reply hai ..lol :D:D

hash!!

________

does the hl2:dm come wid the main setup or am i supposed to download it or buy it alag se??
cuz i remeber havin it on my pc, but then, i had to format it sometime back... so i really wanna find the original hl2:dm...
i downloaded some mod called the hl2dm pro... it sucks... theres massive lag and it seems too irritating...

CyCo

In the zone

@phoenix07 ..

for recording , u will have 2 use HLTV . .for which u will need a dedicated server ..

as the other people are asking about nading urself to jump higher , or even shooting the player standing on top of u .. i think that was possible only in the versions before 1.5 ...

as for bunnyhopping (jumping instead of walking continously .. ), the last instance was 1.5 , as in 1.6+ u sort of have to wait for a second when u jump down .. so no more of that !!

KoRn

In the zone
creating ur own cs server online

hi guys,its been a while now....anyways i got cs 1.6 version 2797 in my pc with steam.It obviously came bundled with hlds(half life dedicated server).So wat i did was download steam...then i created my own server from hlds and checked its status.It displayed that only a single map was there in my map cycle.so wat i i did was open cs and check the server list in asia...but my map wasnt displayed!!i refreshed a 1000 times literally but nopes!!so wat do i do guys please do give me a step by step process of uploading or hosting ur own cs server....thanx and take care...do pm me or contact me in my id chow1923@yahoo.co.in ASAP its kinda urgent guys...

KoRn

In the zone

its called spamming....anyways thru doors and thin walls possible with a few tries but thru floors and thick walls like in dust 2 and aztec...ummm i think u need a year of practice...check out wcg masters.....the best and most easy map for spamming..de_nuke...voila #1...anyways keep on postinG..hey ashu wassup long time rite!!??remember me??!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: creating ur own cs server online

maybe Hamachi might help.

here's a link to CS+Hamachi

KoRn

In the zone

hey s 18000 rpm,hamachi sounds gr8!! downloaded it and configured it.hey the hamachi connection is displayed in my network places!!so sud i set the hamachi ip add in the properties of hamachi...ie the tcp/ip or shud i leave it blank?!anyways w8ing for tomorrow will try it out with 1 fren....so wat i do is...tell him to d/l and create a himachi id and den he shud see my himachi id displaye after searching in his list.if dats done den its done??! wow gr8.den i he just searches in his lan and finds my cs serevr>?!

thanx dude!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

no need for configuring IP & all in Hamachi.
if you have third party Firewall (such as ZoneAlarm, comodo), configure them to allow the connection.

KoRn

In the zone

hey!1 yesterday i did add my himachi ip in the tcp/ip address thing in my network places...i hope dat does not effect the settings.Anyways 2day tried connecting to himachi server but "NO" did not work it displayed dat my "firewall" shud allow it...i have no such firewall apart from windows...and i disabled dat from the himachi connection advanced settings.it even prompted to allow the UDP or sumthin like dat to allow himachi to connect i did all dat but still the problem persists.....i have nod32 disabled 2...please do help me fast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.