The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Re: The Half-Life and Counterstrike Thread

Hi friends.My counter stike is not working.When i load any custom games the pc hangs just when the parsing game info
dialog box is about to complete.I tried reinstalling it but it did not help.I yesterday installed the autopatcher which was given in digit DVD this
month.Could the problem be due to autopatcher?I use counter strike:condition zero.Also some times when playing cs the pc restarts or there is a warning that czero.exe has encountered a problem & needs to be closed.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

Hey,
Does anybody know how to increase the latency while playing online???I can hardly play on 1-2 servers...My CS version is 1.6.....

mukul

Journeyman

hmmm ... after a lot of days .... cs thread ....

@kirangp
i have posted this thing before . read my posts...
if u say i will post it again....

@coolg5
gud name... G5 is a vry gud and sensitive mouse for CS players and hardcore gamers.... Now ur problem
Go to regedit ... after uninstalling ur cs... then find as many entries as u can with keyword "cs" or "czero" ...delte all keys and reinstall.... bang and bingo

keep fragging >>>>

G.o.Ds||Bappa

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

ppl i had purchased a original copy of CS1.6 lately ="counter strike 1 anthology".
allwent well after the first installation.when i checked in the new game option in the menu the was one option for adding CPU players..as the box said ="official CS bot for online simulation".Now after one week when today i checked the new game option the add bot thing has simply vanished ,im also not able to add bots through the console.the game works superb online wid no probs and is up to date.there is no such problem with CS:CZ or CS source.plz help(the game is up to date!)
im creating a new thread for this prob as i dont think itll get the proper response herer!

Last edited:

mukul

Journeyman

y dont u reinstall the program..... tell me more ab2 it

i think u have added mods in ur cs 1.6 that change the menu.....

better if u return to ur original mod....

find liblist.gam in the cstrike ... open it in notepad and make dll file point to folder dlls\mp.dll

all i know ab2 is non steam ..becoz i m using it. i think the same works for steam also ....waise be cs mods are vry the same .....

better post ur liblist.gam contents.

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

mukul said:
y dont u reinstall the program..... tell me more ab2 it

i think u have added mods in ur cs 1.6 that change the menu.....

better if u return to ur original mod....

find liblist.gam in the cstrike ... open it in notepad and make dll file point to folder dlls\mp.dll

all i know ab2 is non steam ..becoz i m using it. i think the same works for steam also ....waise be cs mods are vry the same .....

better post ur liblist.gam contents.

ihavent used any mods with CS on my comp...the conyents of the .gam file r:

game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"

also tried reinstalling but that also is not hlpin!

Last edited:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

@Ambar
Hey dude...CS Official bots were just added only when they were in Beta version for CS v1.6...after that they were removed...Now it is a sole property of Counter Strike-Condition Zero...So if u want to play with bots I guess u have to install it from scratch & dont update it online...If u update or play online then u cant play with bots...Or even better is u can have 2 installations...one for online play & one for offline play with bots...Otherwise u can play in Condition Zero or Source using bots

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

thankx fr ur reply.....im using the steam ver so i dont think i can have 2 copies at the same time.also i had written to steam support to they replied around after 2 weeks and are saying the cs 1.6 never had the bot option available :O( ..lol....so i have to do without it or use third party bots!

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

@ Amber well I had played with the bots in 1.6 when it was in beta stage...long time back in steam...Was pretty much impressed by it..But now they have removed it..ANywayz,even after havin Source & Condition Zero u still playin CS 1.6???...lolz

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

kirangp said:
@ Amber well I had played with the bots in 1.6 when it was in beta stage...long time back in steam...Was pretty much impressed by it..But now they have removed it..ANywayz,even after havin Source & Condition Zero u still playin CS 1.6???...lolz

dude i dont think any cs can match the caliber of cs 1.6!!! ....not even source (beinf a bit slow in game play)..and CZ ...looks like a pimped up version of cs 1.6 lacking in some of the features of 1.6!!!!
and more over cs 1.6 is used in each and every tourni' these days!!!! why??
well u knw why! its light on the sys and a great classic!!

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

@Ambar
what u say is true...CS 1.6 is a classic..Lol even I use 1.6 itself & even I am lazy to download 4.4 Gb worth of Source thru steam..That and many others are sittin happily in not installed area of steam...

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

Hey Fellows tell me some good CS 1.6 servers with low pings...I know fragshack,V street & one Reliance server...they run 24/7...But the problem is that they play the same maps throughout the day...Do tell the ips of some foreign servers with low pings where they have variety in maps

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

kirangp said:
Hey Fellows tell me some good CS 1.6 servers with low pings...I know fragshack,V street & one Reliance server...they run 24/7...But the problem is that they play the same maps throughout the day...Do tell the ips of some foreign servers with low pings where they have variety in maps

dude u wont get low pings on foreign servers unless until u get a good conn......!!!!!!!!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Hello to all cs fraggers.I want to know does any one know how to create cs cz maps?

KoRn

In the zone

use amd mod x....google it..u do need experience and knowledge though.

Hey ashu wassup man...sorry cant post and help the thread regularly...busy wit exams and all.Happy bout the thread flourishing with posts and all.Keep 'em coming.
BTW:who said 1.6 sucks??!!!

VirtualV

Broken In

whatever happened to steam???!

the pings have risen up suddenly (as in since the past 4 weeks..lol)
and they don't seem to have any intentions of going back to normal!

i figured that MTNL people ping badly to AIRTEL and SIFY and vice versa.
and MTNL people have started having ping issues with steam too!
(v-street and fragshack servers have a higher ping than cn, my, sg, tw and american servers! ..eeek!)

do we have a solution to this problem, or do we wait for MTNL to make things right, while we waste away our precious gaming time!

cheers!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

@Korn i am a complete newbie.I do not have any experience in designing maps.Plz point me to some web resources.:confused:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow

VirtualV said:
whatever happened to steam???!

the pings have risen up suddenly (as in since the past 4 weeks..lol)
and they don't seem to have any intentions of going back to normal!

i figured that MTNL people ping badly to AIRTEL and SIFY and vice versa.
and MTNL people have started having ping issues with steam too!
(v-street and fragshack servers have a higher ping than cn, my, sg, tw and american servers! ..eeek!)

do we have a solution to this problem, or do we wait for MTNL to make things right, while we waste away our precious gaming time!

cheers!

Even BSNL is having the same issues..but it goes on for a day & afterwards I get normal pings of 80-100 on Fragshack...But it still sux compared to Tata Indicom...I have seen them getting 10-20...BSNL pings totally sux in gaming department.Foreign servers r truly out of question as I tried...all with pings above 300..I cud find 2 singapore servers & 3-4 hongkong servers where I get around 150...

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

ppl the pings on fragshck are skyrocketin......today the pings were like 200 to 300 ms....lol......this is ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom