The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

makarand

Broken In
cpunter strike problem

Hey guys,
I use BSNL broadband for playing counter strike 1.6 online. But when I load a server it throws me out with no reason like kicked, server shtting down, timeed out etc. I just return back to the main window. what is the problem. How do i solve it?
Cheers
makarand

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
vmp_vivek said:
digitized said:
Hey, the site for the HL-2 expansion, Episode One has been launched.

*ep1.half-life2.com/

Getting too excited...will buy it the day it is available here.

Thanks for that link, well I already knew that. I will be pre-loading into my computer directly through Steam when its available, like I can download the whole game first and I can play the game when it will be officially released. 8) I have already pre-loaded SiN Episodes: Emergence into my computer, i.e. I have the whole game right now, but I will be only able to play on May 9th, when its released cause I have to start the game through Steam. :D

Ya, but I thought some here might not know it, so I posted the link. Actually came across this link in the latest news section of steam application when I updated steam 2-3 days back.

But just cannot complete the download of Lost-Coast, it is stuck at 91%. Seems there is some problem which needs to be figured out.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Half life 2 prob.

I am facing prob. with Half life 2. It runs fine on my PC but whenever it loads a chapter it shows a error Node graph out of Date.Rebulding... and then there comes two error. I am not able to see those errors and only after pressing enter key two times I am back on the desktop. But when i load it again from load menu it works. Help me out

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ahem, is this game bought from some other sources...hehe...hope you understand!

If that is the case, then I am afraid this forum can't help. Otherwise, try reinstalling the game after saving the save game files to a different location. Also update drivers to forceware v 84.17 (assuming you have a Nvidia GPU) and also your motherboard chipset drivers.

The original version does not have these kind of problems...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Digitized

Hey bro, wich net connection are u using that u are able to d/load the whole game thru net (Legally).. ?? :? Are u using the free D/load hours from 2am to 8 am ???

Cheers n e-peace....

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ Digitized

Hey bro, wich net connection are u using that u are able to d/load the whole game thru net (Legally).. ?? :? Are u using the free D/load hours from 2am to 8 am ???

Cheers n e-peace....

Well chill partner, I have original version of HL-2 with 5CD's. Bought it in Jan 2005 for 1499/-. After that I periodically update the game, including the steam platform. When I installed for the first time, it asked for the update and validation and that took me over 3 hrs on the dial-up connection I had then. After that I never updated (I never required it, too, I do not play CS:Source). Since getting the dataone broadband connection 3-4 months back I update the game time to time. For these software updates though, I use the happy hours from 2AM to 8AM.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I am using latest drivers. My PC is AMD 2800+ on a gigabyte mobo (VIA K8M800), 284 mb ram, 64 mb shared graphic memory. I am also not facing any other problems on my PC.

@mods plz do not lock it just merge it

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nishant_nms said:
I am using latest drivers. My PC is AMD 2800+ on a gigabyte mobo (VIA K8M800), 284 mb ram, 64 mb shared graphic memory. I am also not facing any other problems on my PC.

@mods plz do not lock it just merge it
Dude Atleast verify If you are using the legit copy or not.If you did own the Legal one then I suppose Steam runs constant updates which allows users to get rid of those Bugs.If its not a legal copy then We have no choice but to Keep our lips sealed on this issue.Hope you understand.:D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ allwyndlima
Hey welcome back bro, its been a long time since ur last post, where were u all these days ?Busy !!

Neways Happy Easter to u and to all the members of this thread as well as Forum.... :)

@ nishant
Yup, u will hv to clarify abt ur copy being legal or not. If its legal, jus search thru this thread and i hv posted various 1.6, Source and CZ related links (on pgs. 1,2 and 3) where u can get patches for ur (Legal) version.. Else as Allwyn said, we will be keeping our lips shut closed... :wink:

KoRn

In the zone
Re: All Counter-Strike/Half Life/Half Life 2 Queries here

hey ashu i play css a hell lot these days and im improving a lot especially wit:

Cv-47,magnum,deagle and scout(terrorist)
Maverick,magnum,scout,deagle.bullup(counter terrorist).

Learnt a lot of new things in the game like amazing camping spots and easy headshots from a distance with guns like deagle and the default Terrrosit secondary gun.Im playing the game a lot cuz i got to join a competition on the 29th of april.im jus amazed by the accuracy and strength of the mag its RoCkIn!!

BTW i finished my 10th and am planning study in delhi(11th).

vmp_vivek

In the zone

^^ That's cool, just like me. I am improving too, like I am ranked #46 or #47 out of 350 people on CSSgaming.com server. You have to pratice a lot to achieve success for sure.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Well no CS for me guys until 10 May,2006 coz of my Enginering exams, but after tat i hope and pray tat i will be able to add more RAM(1 GB) to my system and buy a legal copy of CSS (Source), then Vivek will play with me as said by him earlier in his previous posts... (jus joking bro.. ) :cool:

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone

^^ Ahh, I was waiting for 10th May for a good reason of SiN Episodes: Emergence to be released and I will be able to play it immediately at 1:00 PM EST because I have already purchased and pre-loaded into my hard drive. Now, you have made another reason for 10th May to play with you online hopefully. By the way, I am also going to pre-load Half Life 2: Episode One this week as it will available for download through Steam. :)

CyCo

In the zone

2 queries ..

1st , in CS trick jump videos , are these made in CS1.5 ?? coz i tried jumping onto the ledges they do (say the one in front of tbase in nuke) but cant ..

2ndly to play online , i got the original cdkey from a frnd .. so if i put it in the version i have .. can i play online ?? do i just click on quick start or do i download kawabonka and frag shack ???

vmp_vivek

In the zone

For the first I don't know cause I am not playing CS 1.6, I play Source all the time.

Second, no you cannot play even if you have your friend's original cd key. If the key is brand new, i.e. he has not yet activated on the steam in his account, then you can use it; but if he has used it on steam then you will be prompted to enter a new cd key as it will be the used one.

CyCo

In the zone

@vivek

no he has never used it , that is why i took it from him ..
but the thing is that his condition zero didnt say anything abt stem and my setup (downloaded) doesnt either ...

CyCo

In the zone

about steam i mean ... nowhere mentions it .. the condition zero cd is about 2 years old ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom