The Guitar Lounge

T

tallbeing

@Arun, Please giv us the chords of both the songs?? and "Hey there Delilah" from which band???
Somebody's me had really nice strumming (though not like the original one) and quite accurate chords. You could have asked someone to sing the song.............

Last edited by a moderator:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Nice to see musicians here, even i play guitar, started in my first year in college, its been four years now.
Ever tried playing another brick in the wall in open chords? Do it, sounds awesome.... :)

I suck at chords but fortunately I can Another Brick in The Wall (II) on chords... the one which I use are as follows :-

We dont need no ed.
(Dm)
We dont need no thought control
(Dm)
No dark Sarcasm in the classroom
(Dm)
Teachers leave those kids alone
(Gm)
Hey! Teachers! Leave those kids alone
(C) (F)
All in all you are just another brick in the wall
(Dm)

:D

I suck at chords but fortunately I can Another Brick in The Wall (II) on chords... the one which I use are as follows :-

We dont need no ed.
(Dm)
We dont need no thought control
(Dm)
No dark Sarcasm in the classroom
(Dm)
Teachers leave those kids alone
(Gm)
Hey! Teachers! Leave those kids alone
(C) (F)
All in all you are just another brick in the wall
(Dm)

:D
Who said you suck at chords? :???:
Those chords are correct :wink:
I wonder if it's possible to play the 5th augmented chord of any root note on the guitar :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Update :-

Just got my electric guitar and other stuff (posted earlier but posting again) :-

Yamaha Pacifica 012
Marshall MG10CD
Joe Satriani sig 'Up in Flames' strap
Joe Satriani sig picks (I posted EVH sig picks but dad had to buy JS coz they were the only sig picks available there.)
Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal :)D)
Planet Waves Electric Tuner (Joyo wasnt available... this is much better than the Joyo one :) ).

Feelin' really happy... played it for sometime but now dad is sleeping and I have been forbidden to play it till he wakes up :D. Expect a review of all this stuff soon... one quick word about the guitar :- amazing for a 11k guitar... just mind-blowing. The amps are good too but require a lot of messing around to get the right sound. The pedal is easy to use but it too, requires sometime to adjust and get your desired tone. The straps and picks rock! The tuner is nice too but needed some messing around with the battery to get it working. All in all, amazing stuff!

Update :-

Just got my electric guitar and other stuff (posted earlier but posting again) :-

Yamaha Pacifica 012
Marshall MG10CD
Joe Satriani sig 'Up in Flames' strap
Joe Satriani sig picks (I posted EVH sig picks but dad had to buy JS coz they were the only sig picks available there.)
Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal :)D)
Planet Waves Electric Tuner (Joyo wasnt available... this is much better than the Joyo one :) ).

Feelin' really happy... played it for sometime but now dad is sleeping and I have been forbidden to play it till he wakes up :D. Expect a review of all this stuff soon... one quick word about the guitar :- amazing for a 11k guitar... just mind-blowing. The amps are good too but require a lot of messing around to get the right sound. The pedal is easy to use but it too, requires sometime to adjust and get your desired tone. The straps and picks rock! The tuner is nice too but needed some messing around with the battery to get it working. All in all, amazing stuff!
Arre dude, what happened to your gig at school? did it go well?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Arre dude, what happened to your gig at school? did it go well?

Oh that choir night one ? Yes, it was kinda ok... the girls messed it up :|. So now we have another show day after tomorrow... gonna play Another Brick in the Wall (II), What I've Done and Summer of 69 :D. Then on the next Saturday, we are plannin' to play Wind of Change... IF we are able to learn it in one week :).

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends, got a nice scan that can help you remember the whole fretboard....many of us find it difficult to remember the fret board....to use this thing, just remember Low E and A string, and then by relative triangle positions you can figure out any note name....Just practice to see the speed at which u recall
*img155.imageshack.us/img155/4364/triangle1w.jpg
*img27.imageshack.us/img27/6624/triangle2.jpg

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
any takers/ PLAYERS for my fav

Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes

RHCP Californication

smoke on water
all time fav hotel california

i used to bray(aka sing ) this songs with my best guitar buddy

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Here I am.. :D

Listen to Pan Satyros if you can... great song by Behemoth with nice riffs... me tuned to it right now :).

aditya1987

Extheist
Am guitarist too. Learning since 4 months but still I am very good at it (sure, I am no Joe Satriani :D). My chords are a mess but I am very good at lead and riffs because I am fast. I mostly listen to and play rock, metal (almost all genres) and a lil blues.

The songs I have covered so far :-

1) Summer of 69
2) Hotel California (without the solo.. need some work with it)
3) Another Brick In The Wall II (solo pending coz I havent got my electric guitar yet.... I have bought it but its at my aunt's house at Mumbai and will come on Thursday... and you cant play solos on Acoustic... atleast the technical ones.)
4) Socha Hai
5) What I've Done (solo included :D)
6) (Sic) (yeah, on an acuostic :p)

Why don't you play the songs again that you have covered, record them and upload them on Youtube. :cool:

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends....planning to buy a guitar for my younger brother...confused between these two:-
Ibanez GRG220-DEX
and
Ibanez GRG270

Which one do u recommend??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Whats your budget ? Seeing from the guitars you have put up, I think your budget <20k so I recommend you the Schecter Omen 6 @17k. Awesome guitar! Also check out Yamaha Pacifica 112J :).

Top Bottom