The Guitar Lounge

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hii all
Do you play guitar? Have you got any queries like how to buy a new guitar or how to practice? Everything from tuning to tapping....is here
All guitarists please introduce yourselves....share licks and riffs, upload and let us listen ur compositions....

T

tallbeing

Suggest me a gud electric guitar under 7K with amplifier included...................whats the work of the processor, is it worth buying

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
For 7k u will have to go for some cheap brands like Givson and all.....but beleive me u wont like the quality....better collect some more Money and go for Pacifica012

T

tallbeing

what's the work of the processor?? (Sorry for asking again but I desperately want to know)

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Processor are instruments that add various effects to your guitar output, their are various types of them that are available depending on the effect...one can have various effects like hard rock, high gain lead, solo....also distortion, noise gate, wah-wah, compressor, EQ, flanger, reverb, chorus, delay and a number of other filters and effects.

Actually if u are a guitar beginner then you wont need it....Its just for adding few effects on guitar and putting a noise gate while on-stage....basically u wont need them at all if doing beginner-intermediate playing...

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
If you have a microphone then you can use many softwares like APGuitar Tuner or In-Tune Multi Instrument tuner...they are very accurate...
But the best is to do it by urself. try this
*guitar.about.com/od/beginners/ss/how_tune_guitar.htm

Nice to see this thread.

Are there any good double picking tutorials on the net ? My speed seems too slow compared to REAL stuff like metallica's Blackened.

Also, I am in need of tapping lessons.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
imma guitarist too
some clips of me playing my classical guitar :-
Nothing else matters intro - *www.mediafire.com/download.php?intukillvmh
Stairway to heaven intro - *www.mediafire.com/download.php?mitmrdzg1yy
some original riffs, death metalish - *www.mediafire.com/download.php?kh2y3t1dwio

:)

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@MetalHeadGautam:
Speed requires technique as well as practice......just practice and practice with alternate picking to see improvement in speed
@hullap
I m a guitarist too, been playing for past 6 yrs....Try the song in my signature..
btw...cool clips...third one is superb
Just one thing, try to sound each note perfectly....like bring them to same level of volume...

Last edited:
^^Well, learning Double Picking without an electric guitar, without any instructions and with an unorthodox way of holding pick seems a bit hard.

Lemme post audio of my playing to give you an example of what I mean.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Am guitarist too. Learning since 4 months but still I am very good at it (sure, I am no Joe Satriani :D). My chords are a mess but I am very good at lead and riffs because I am fast. I mostly listen to and play rock, metal (almost all genres) and a lil blues.

My equipment :-

1) Granada PRD-4 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
2) Yamaha Pacifica 012 Electric Guitar
3) Marshall MG10CD Amps
4) Planet Waves Joe Satriani Signature 'Up in Flames' strap
5) Premium Eddie Van Halen Signature guitar picks
6) D'Addrio EXL115 strings
7) Joyo JT-11 Electric Tuner

:D

The songs I have covered so far :-

1) Summer of 69
2) Hotel California (without the solo.. need some work with it)
3) Another Brick In The Wall II (solo pending coz I havent got my electric guitar yet.... I have bought it but its at my aunt's house at Mumbai and will come on Thursday... and you cant play solos on Acoustic... atleast the technical ones.)
4) Socha Hai
5) What I've Done (solo included :D)
6) (Sic) (yeah, on an acuostic :p)

Suggest me a gud electric guitar under 7K with amplifier included...................whats the work of the processor, is it worth buying

If you are starting out fresh, get an acoustic first. Go for cheap companies like Granada, Pluto, etc. Even Ibanez has some acoustics around 4-5k range. If you are insisting on buying an electric then get the Java Strat... its actually not a strat but a strat look-a-like. Its one of best in <7k range. For the amps, you can get Kustom Sound Cube 20 fro around 2k. Total will be around 8k. An alternative way can be that you save up and get yourself either the Pacifica 012 or Ibanez GRX20 or ESP M50 with Marshall MG10CD or Kustom Sound Cube 20R. That will land you somewhere around 14-16k. Good luck... and dont worry about effects, you dont need them right now.

Help me to tune my acaustic guitar.

Get a cheap electric guitar tuner like Joyo Jt-11... its retailing for 600 bucks :).

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hi...am a keyboardist, but lately I got interested in playing guitars. I want to be a lead guitarist...but every guitarist I know said to me I hav to start on acoustic guitar before learning an electric guitar....so for wat period of time or up to wat level I hav to learn acoustic guitar before I can start with electric guitar??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
j1n [email said:
M@tt;1062580]hi...am[/email] a keyboardist, but lately I got interested in playing guitars. I want to be an lead guitarist...but every guitarist I know said to me I hav to start on acoustic guitar before learning an electric guitar....so for wat period of time or up to wat level I hav to learn acoustic guitar before I can start with electric guitar??

Depends on you... if your fast then 3-4 months are enough to learn the basics (provided that you take tutoring 2hrs. per day and practice a lot)... or if you are slow, it can take upto 6 months to learn the basics. If you want to be an lead guitarist then I think that starting off directly with an electric guitar WOULDN'T hurt!

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^thanx for the info [:)]

btw...wats ur suggestion for a gud acoustic guitar and an electric guitar for starters?? wich brand and wat all accessories I hav to buy??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^thanx for the info [:)]

btw...wats ur suggestion for a gud acoustic guitar and an electric guitar for starters?? wich brand and wat all accessories I hav to buy??

Acoustic :-

Granada PRD-4 Dreadnought Acoustic (4.2k)
some strap (100-200 bucks)
a pack of picks (60 bucks at most)

... thats all

more options :-

Ibanez Jam Pack Starter Ed. Guitar... (5.5k)
Hoffner acoustic guitar [dunno exact model] ...(6k)
Pluto starter Acoustic [exact model unknown :D] ...(3.5k)

Electric :-

guitars :-

Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster (11K)
Yamaha Pacifica 012 (12k)
ESP M50 (13k)
Ibanez GRX20 (14k)
BC Rich Warlock Bronze (13k)

..I would pick either the Yamaha or the Ibanez.

amps :-

Kustom Sound Cube 20 (2.8k)
Marshall MG10CD (3.3k)

...go for Marshall

get some good strap for around 300 bucks... or you could get the one which I have.
A decent set of picks and also a nice bag for the guitar.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
j1n [email said:
M@tt;1062580]hi...am[/email] a keyboardist, but lately I got interested in playing guitars. I want to be a lead guitarist...but every guitarist I know said to me I hav to start on acoustic guitar before learning an electric guitar....so for wat period of time or up to wat level I hav to learn acoustic guitar before I can start with electric guitar??

It just depends on YOU, you wont beleive that many of the legendry guitarists dont know music theory at all, they just know guitar for what it is. Their mind knows which note will give what sound and what feeling to the listeners...you wont beleive but Jimmy Page never rehearsed for his life performances, he just used to ask the time slot of his lead, and in that time he used to play what he wants...and everyone knows he legend of the legends....
Basically one shud prefer acoustic in the beginning coz it will keep you within the limits of beginner and intermediate, though masterpieces can be made on acoustic. Electric can take you straight to heavy concepts, thus unknowingly you might miss some lighter but highly important concepts.. Just keep in mind that you have to learn everything, and you have to practice that thing the most in which you feel you are weak. For example, use your little finger coz every guitarist is born with weak little finger, so practice a lot and make it a strong point in fast leads. Other thing is share your new ideas with your friends, for example, put your new idea here, so that other people can try and appreciate, that appreciation is the actual force that can tranform a beginner into a pro, but with practice. I ll soon begin sharing my licks here, and especially with Psychosocial i will trade my licks, ie, i ll ask him a lick and in return i ll give him a lick(ready Psycho). And at any point you can put the difficulties you face to this thread, there are many friends like Psycho, IronMan, MetalHead and me who are there to clean up the doubts...About the acoustic, go for the best one that you can afford in Psycho;s above mentioned list.
Keep Guitaring...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hmm..now I hav to make budget for these things ;)

btw practicing is not a problem for me as am already a keyboardist...and my little finger on both my hands r not weak :p

now i hav to wait for my final yr xams to finish before I start my guitar classes... :(

Top Bottom