:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Lewis and Rosberg handed a 10 gridplace penalty for French GP. Yee haaa. stupid n00b. He said he couldn't see the lights in time? What about two cars stopped metres ahead of him. Truly stupid jesture by him and also by Rosberg. This is F1 dude. There is no chance for mistake or lazyness.

Thanks to the Lewis mistake, the race turned into a thriller and boy, what a drive by Massa. Deserves a pat on the back.

Championship opened up too with Kubica leading the drivers championship (not for long anyways) and Massa, Lewis in joint second, Kimi in fourth. Ferrai extend their lead over McLaren and BMW just 3 points away from Ferrari.

What a season this is turning into. Feels like I am back in late 90's and early 2000's where championship wins happen with slightest margin.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Its the stupid rule that led to the crash, not just Lewis. Why close the pitlane exit when the entry is open? And also, when a driver just gets into the lane again from his pitstop he would not be expecting two cars side by side which is more than enough to loose his sight of the Red signal. And it was Lewis also who lost the race who was also equally potent to win the race.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Its the stupid rule that led to the crash, not just Lewis. Why close the pitlane exit when the entry is open? And also, when a driver just gets into the lane again from his pitstop he would not be expecting two cars side by side which is more than enough to loose his sight of the Red signal. And it was Lewis also who lost the race who was also equally potent to win the race.

Dude. it's F1, not a cheap street racing. Team will be fully aware when the pit lane is open and when it isn't. If he wasn't informed that the pit lane exit is still closed, it's a mistake by him and his team. If he was aware that pit lane exit is closed and still went on max pit lane speed, it was totally his mistake.

All in all, it's pure error done purely due to lack on experience and also we all know how well he succumbs to pressure. Watching two cars move ahead of him certainly made him nervous.

Dipen01

Youngling

Na Kimi already had the track position ahead of Hamilton ;) So ideally Lewis wasnt gonna win it..It was Kimi's race to lose..

Well all we can say is it was a honest mistake.. But one cannot overrule that it wasnt a MISTAKE..

Anyways.. I was just about to fall asleep while watching it live and then after this bang boom.. I was sitting again :p Basically it got interesting..

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
OMG, you wanted to sleep?:p On live telecast? I would lose a foot and a toe to watch it :D

I agree it was Kimi's race, especially since his pace leading upto the pitstop when he caught Robert back, and Lewis got desperate after seeing him upfront. I do wonder what happened to Niko though, maybe following Lewis too close and just followed whatever he did. Nevertheless, things like these in pitlane and that too under a safety car period shouldn't happen and it's only the inexperience of Lewis to blame.

I kinda liked how Kimi told Lewis after the incident though, like saying, "Where are you eyes dude.. you need to use them..!"

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Ha. Lewis was the Race leader before the pits. And what? he was a fraction behind at the exit.

More Ferrari Favourism by FIA [Max Mosley]: *www.bleacherreport.com/articles/28268-Formula-One-Once-Again-Ferrari-Wins-Others-Lose

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^thats bs by some brit-ham-mclaren fanboy

kimi's acc. was pure racing incident. he didnt lose the car intentionally, c'mon he lost the champ. lead to ham. :|

ham's incident was 100% driver+team error.

monaco race, sutil was not given 25secnd penalty (for overtakin under yellow flag, tho he had no option), so is FIA favouring Mallaya?

Q & A with Kimi Raikkonen

Q: What did you think of what Hamilton did?

Raikkonen: "I'm maybe not the best person to say because in the last race I made a mistake. But this is two completely different stories, you can lose control at 300kph on a circuit and hit someone, or go along on the pitlane speed limiter and don't watch in front of you. That's a bit silly."

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68160

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Yes, it was driver error. You Ferrari fans talk as if Hamilton ruined it on purpose. And I don't know how that could be a team error. Please explain.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
team should have told ham. that the pit lane light = red, as SC was comin . ;)
ferrari & bmw informed their resp. drivers about it.

ham's mistake was not completely his, his team should take the blame for it too. coz the drivers whie comin out, they adjust so much of things on steering wheel.... & ham. had huge pressure, as the two guys who came behind him were in front of him while goin out

Dipen01

Youngling
Yes, it was driver error. You Ferrari fans talk as if Hamilton ruined it on purpose. And I don't know how that could be a team error. Please explain.

Are bhai that was a honest mistake agreed na..

But that doesnt mean you will get away with it.. Even Hamilton wanted to earn some points for his championship so that was not intentional at all..

But it was a stupidity on part of his Engineer who didn't warn/inform him about that. So all in all If ham wants to blame himself or him team... Mclaren Camp is at blame...

Ab khush ..lol..

channabasanna

In the zone
Yeah both Kimi and Lewis should be thrown out of this year's Championship Race for such stupid stunts.

Why should Kimi should be thrown out, for no reasons, do u think stopping under red light in pits and following the F1 rules and regulations is stupid.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Closing pitlane during safety car period was a stupid rule.

McLaren not informing Lewis about red light was even more stupid.

Lewis not checking red light was most stupid.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Lewis now says:

"We are in a race. How can you see a red light at the end of the pit lane?"

A writer for The Daily Mail wrote: "Shame on you, Lewis, not for an exhibition of driving which would have cost you your no-claims bonus on the streets outside your Geneva home, but for a lack of contrition."

Even Sir Jackie Stewart, one of Hamilton's staunchest supporters, is questioning his level of maturity in the wake of the Montreal howler.

"When he looks back in four or five years he will question himself about what sort of person and driver he was in 2007 and 2008," the Scot said.

lol. Rules are rules. You have to make sure that you are following them.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Raikkonen: Hamilton penalty was deserved
Kimi Raikkonen believes Lewis Hamilton got the penalty he deserved following their crash at the Canadian Grand Prix.

The British McLaren driver will lose ten places on the grid in France after crashing into the back of his Ferrari rival's car at the end of the pitlane in Montreal.

Although Hamilton said the penalty was harsh, Raikkonen in fact reckons the Briton deserved it.

"I still can't believe it, that someone can hit you while you are standing at the red light next to another car," said Raikkonen. "I can't imagine how Hamilton could not see the red lights and the two cars standing in front of him.

"I think that Hamilton deserved the penalty. He loses ten positions on the grid for the next race in France, which will make it more difficult for him at Magny-Cours."

He added: "Anyway we lost the possibility to have a good result in Canada. At the moment when the safety car came on the track, my car was running very fast: we could have won, or, in the worst case, come second.

"I was ready to fight and overtake Kubica, once the lights were green. But I didn't have the time, as Hamilton crashed into my back and the race was over. I'm not angry. Just disappointed, surprised and frustrated at the same time. He knew that the lights were red.

"Accidents happen, but it's difficult not to see two cars stopped."

The Finn has not scored a point in the last two races and has dropped from first to fourth in the standings.

But Raikkonen is adamant that Ferari are strong and that he will return to winning ways soon.

"I came back from Montreal with a really good impression of the F2008 and I'm sure that we can win again very soon," he said. "Because now we go to circuits where we are usually very strong.

"You know that I don't like to look behind: I'm concentrated on the French GP, where I want to repeat last year's result, when we brought home a wonderful one-two win."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68210

--------------------------------------------------------

Hamilton says he can still win in France
Briton Lewis Hamilton believes he can still win the French Grand Prix despite the penalty he was given in Canada.

The McLaren driver will lose ten grid positions at the Magny-Cours race after crashing into the back of Kimi Raikkonen when he failed to see the red light at the end of the pitlane in time.

Although that means Hamilton will start from at least 11th place in France, he is still confident he can finish on top.

"I feel quite confident that we can still win there. That's my job," Hamilton was quoted as saying by Reuters.

"I've got to have that belief in myself and the team. I still feel we can finish in the top three but it's going to be a real challenge."

Hamilton also dismissed suggestions that the Montreal incident was a career low.

"It was nowhere near one of my lowest points. I don't even particularly feel it was a low point. It was one of those things you just have to come to terms with and move on. In the race I was on top of my game," he said.

The Briton lost the championship lead to BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica in Canada and is now four points behind the Pole.

He added: "I believe it is going to be very difficult to win but I don't plan on it going to the last race. We will push as hard as we can to do the job, it doesn't matter if it is early or the last race. So long as we get it done."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68208

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom