:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Don't think too much into it. :)

This will be last time that I cheered for Kimi. Reason??

Look at what he did to Force India's hopes and Adrian Sutil's perfect 4th place. When there is no opportunity for overtaking, he tried too much and sent Sutil out of the race by banging into the rear of his car. Really, today he drove like a noob.

I just can't control my anger over him. So does my friends. We "WERE" Kimi fan's but now, we are gonna cheer for Massa and boo Kimi. I will be the first one to boo kimi when he comes to Delhi. Grrrrrrrrr.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmmm

but thats racing dude.
you take risks to get a win or atleast points.

ferrari's are much much more quicker than force india (obviously), so kimi took the chance, but unfortunately lost his car under braking (happened wit DC, same place)... crashed unto sutil's back. simple.

kimi has lost a lot of ground at monaco, could have been a 1-2 ferrari again, but look at Nick, he lost completely when alonso hit him.

if you're a true fan of motorsport (F1), you wont be talkin like this.

*img234.imageshack.us/img234/2104/f1monacony0.jpg
*img234.imageshack.us/img234/2104/f1monacony0.b00ef8383c.jpg

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ah please, in an already wet Monaco where drivers had agreed to be nervous pre-race, there are bound to be casualties and errors. Don't read too much, it's a racing accident, I got angry too but it's ok though certainly felt bad for Adrian. More times will come, this is just but once race.

And also I missed the first 50 laps, damn weather in my place, I overslept :|

karmanya

Journeyman
Anyone know where I can get a vid of today's race? I was studying when it was coming, and damn it sounds like i missed an important one.

Dipen01

Youngling
Yeah even i was damn pissed at Kimi when he banged into Sutil..

But after cool-off period i realised, that he was just doing his job.. He took a chance and lost the control... What could he do..

Besides he never looked(looks) comfortable in rain.. He had to drive through Pits five times.. :eek:

2 - Pitsops and 2 - Accidents and 1 - Drive Through.. It was terrible race for him..

Everybody made mistakes but the Lewis was very lucky due to safety car which brought him right on 4th even after this first unscheduled Pitstop.. I guess Kubica didnt make any.. Massa did make one which let Kubica through...

Sutil drove pretty well.. And i was very confident that even with slow pace he could have held off Kimi for 10 more minutes.. Overtaking at Monaco as it is, isnt very easy and Kimi was having a bad day..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ yep. but I am still very very furious over kimi. He doesn't deserve the tag's "Flying Finn" and "Iceman". Monaco is THE REAL test for drivers and for second straigh year, he failed to come out good. Last year, he crashed his own party and this year, he crashed his own and Force India's. How can F1's highest paid driver and reigining world champion drive like this.

BTW, Sutil was holding Kimi since his scheduled pit stop. There is no way Kimi would've overtook Sutil. It was well locked 4th place for sutil. At the start of the final countdown Kimi was right on the Sutil's read and before the accident, while coming out of the tunnel, Sutil had opened up a gap and he was clearly having the pace and mechanical grip.

Dipen01

Youngling
Mistakes hapeen.. Even the best commit mistakes ;)

Well Monaco is nothing like test or anything.. Some drivers are comfortable with certain tracks and arent with other.. As simple as that.. Eitherways its the Rain that was the culprit for Kimi.. He has never been comfortable in rain.. I remember watching his candid interview back in 05 and he bluntly said that he just doesnt like driving in wets.. So may be he was hesistant from the start and didnt get the best out the car..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Raikkonen apologises to Sutil
World champion Kimi Raikkonen said he felt sorry for Adrian Sutil after forcing the German out of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Force India driver was set for a fourth place finish after one of the best drives of his career when Raikkonen, running fifth, lost control of his car and hit the German's car from behind with just a few laps of the race left.

The damage left Sutil out of the race and in tears, while Raikkonen drove back to the pits to finish outside the points.

"Basically I just think my brakes were a bit too cold and I locked the rear," Raikkonen told reporters. "I nearly lost the car but unfortunately I hit him - and it is sad for them because they are not very often in the position to finish in the points.

"So, I feel a bit sorry for him - but I could not do anything. I tried to slow down but there was nowhere to go and nowhere to slow down - and I lost fifth place."

He added: "I said I am sorry for him and his team because probably they are not going to be often in the position to score a fourth position. :x:p Plus it was in Monaco. So it was harder for him than for me, but it was a racing incident and I could not go anywhere. There wasn't much space and I could not slow down.

"It was just a racing incident. I just locked the rear brakes on the bump and you cannot really slow the car after that. There was nowhere to go, and not enough space to try and avoid him."

The accident completed a weekend to forget for Raikkonen, who was unable to match the pace of Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa and also lost the championship lead to Lewis Hamilton.

"It was not one of the best races, but that is racing – sometimes it goes right and sometimes it goes wrong," the Finn added.

"I made some mistakes and the team made some mistakes, and we paid the price. But we will go to the next race and hope to do better."

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Saying sorry after crashing others party doesn't make any any sense. If Alonso crashes on Kimi in the same way, will you take it just as a racing incident and hail alonso for saying sorry?? Ferrari will then bark like anything, shouting and appealing for penalty. I still feel that it was noob drive by Kimi. A real driver should be comfortable with any track and with any climate. Now, I feel that Lewis, though not having that much of experience looked more determined than any one in Ferrari. In the end, Ferrari handed over the championship lead to Lewis. Great going!!!!

For the first time in my life, I am totally totally furious over Kimi and Ferrari. Pathetic strategy, pathetic driving and pathetic planning.

PS: Unable to digest yesterday's incidents.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
when it comes to strategy, no one can match McLaren.

kimi has started race from last place & won it when he was in McLaren.

c'mon man, kimi is the biggest loser of that race, as he lost 5th place & thus champ. lead
mistakes happen.

btw if it wasent a force india, would you have cared bout it.?

why arent you talkin of BMW here, alonso ruined nick's race:|

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
when it comes to strategy, no one can match McLaren.

kimi has started race from last place & won it when he was in McLaren.

c'mon man, kimi is the biggest loser of that race, as he lost 5th place & thus champ. lead
mistakes happen.

btw if it wasent a force india, would you have cared bout it.?

why arent you talkin of BMW here, alonso ruined nick's race:|

Yes. The worry is the way that he drove around the track. with 5 runs into the pits, two crashes. After looking at Adrian Sutil's drive, I will still blame Kimi whatever team Adrian is in. Again, last year, I was totally upset over Lewis when due to his mistake Webber and Vettel crashed out. I hate those who ruin other's race by their errors.

Nick will have lot many chances and he might even land in podium in next race. That's not the case with Force India. This was their chance to score 4th and god knows when they will get this chance again.

Dipen01

Youngling
Its race and you race against other drivers so your mistakes will definitely affect them so will thiers.. Sutil has ruined Vettel's race twice and i dunno.. According to me he was the biggest loser of all 22 drivers right from Race - 1.. Every time crashed into first corner and probably ruined someones race... So why dont you blame him..

Just because a driver from superior team crashed into him.. You wanna empathize.. What if he crashed into Hamilton, then i am damn sure you wont iterate the same feelings towards Hamilton...

Well i understand your sentiments that he being a driver of Force India so little bit of patriotism comes into picture but senseless and Illogical grousing over same issue is just childish.

E.g -
Same thing happens to me.. These days I am playing 'GRID Demo' and in a particular race..4 out of 5 times my race is ruined by other bloody cars.. Sometimes while taking turn.. They crash into me.. Other times they brake too hard/too early and i end up losing my momentum .. And i end up cursing them.. Well yeah its a game...

So What..

Well If one is to be so concerned and bothered by others mistakes then one should rather drive alone in thier own lane..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Just because a driver from superior team crashed into him.. You wanna empathize.. What if he crashed into Hamilton, then i am damn sure you wont iterate the same feelings towards Hamilton...

Yep. That's the reason why I am angry. Sutil crashing into someone else shows he is still learning and Kimi crashing into someone doing a dream run is ....

Same thing happens to me.. These days I am playing 'GRID Demo' and in a particular race..4 out of 5 times my race is ruined by other bloody cars.. Sometimes while taking turn.. They crash into me.. Other times they brake too hard/too early and i end up losing my momentum .. And i end up cursing them.. Well yeah its a game...

why are you comparing casual PC gaming in your house on your PC with pinnacle of motorsport.

Dipen01

Youngling
Damn.. You still dont get it do you..

Nevermind.. I am in no mood to start something out of nothing..

I rest my case..

P.S :- Ofcourse i feel sad for Sutil too..

karmanya

Journeyman
Look, getting rear-ended is the fault of the crasher.. not the crashee.
I doubt anyone expected sutil to be in that position in the race, so it hurts even more.
No-one notices a pig wallowing in the dirt, but have a speck of dirt on your white shirt and everyone gives you nasty looks.(wierd allegory, but yeah). Hence people are a lot angrier that it was Kimi who did the actual crashing. If it were the other way round, it wouldn't be that bad.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hard luck Adrian Sutil
my sports india said:
Well, the qualifiers at Monaco didn’t throw anything new at us as far as Force India is concerned, Fisichella & Sutil qualified 19th & 20th respectively or was it the other way around with Sutil 19th? Can’t remember for sure. But raceday sure had something special for Adrian Sutil, the German after 66 laps in the Monaco race was running at 4th with some 7 minutes left in the race, the Force India pit garage was pretty gay, Sutil was driving contentedly for a finish and probably planning how he’ll throw his fist in the air and the celebrations back in the team garage. And well, it just was not to be, the car behind him; the finish Sutil oh so wanted was ruined by the Finnish driver behind him. The Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen lost control at the exit of the tunnel and crashed with Sutil’s Force India car. There was news that Raikkonen did go and apologize to Sutil for spoiling his race but that did not console the German Force India driver.

Dipen01

Youngling
Kimi could quit end of 2009 season

Kimi Raikkonen has admitted that rumours that he could quit F1 at the end of his current Ferrari deal are not rumours - it is true.

The reigning F1 World Champion has long been rumoured to want out of F1, oftening stating in the past that he was not looking to break either Michael Schumacher's records or become the longest serving driver in F1.

This led to reports that Raikkonen could in fact quit at the end of his current Ferrari contract, which expires at the end of next season.

Asked about this during Thursday's press conference in Montreal, Raikkonen did little to stop the tifosi from worries that the Scuderia could soon lose their star driver.

"There has been rumours like that many years," Raikkonen said with regards to rumours he could retire at the end of next season. "I always say I have a contract until the end of next year.

"I haven't made any decision if I'm going to keep going or not. That is the last contract I have and we will see what happens this year and next year."

As for what could persuade Raikkonen to sign another contract, the 28-year-old says he'll only stick around if he's still enjoying the racing.

"I wouldn't stop if I felt I would miss it afterwards. For sure I would find something else to do and maybe that I would enjoy more," he said.

"I don't know what is going to happen after next year, I haven't made my mind up. Who knows maybe I make my decision this year.

"I think I will race as long as I enjoy it, it is the right thing for me. It could be in four years' time. It is too early to say."

However, the Ferrari driver admits that there are also things in F1 that could persuade him not to re-sign.

"I like the racing and the other stuff is not always the best thing," he said. "Everyone in F1 is here because they love racing and driving, but when there are too many things that you don't enjoy or too many things you don't want it is time to go away.

"It can be anything. When you find something you don't want to do or don't enjoy... If there are things like that or don't work out anymore. There can be many things apart from racing, then probably it is the best time to go away."

PlanetF1

Atleast 1 week to Controversy/Rumours ke bina pass karo :eek:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Massa tops damp first practice - Canada
The Ferrari driver's lap time of 1:17.553 was good enough to fend off several last-ditch attempts from rivals as the timesheet resembled a fruit machine in the final moments of the 90 minutes.

In the end, it was BMW's Robert Kubica who got closest to the Brazilian's time, eclipsing Heikki Kovalainen and Nick Heidfeld, both of whom had in turn usurped Kimi Raikkonen from second place moments before.

But it was a question of being out on track at the right time as Jenson Button discovered when he dropped from fourth to last in just eight minutes.

The track was declared wet at the start of the session and predictably, only the Force India drivers ventured out initially. Giancarlo Fisichella having the measure of team-mate Adrian Sutil when the track was at its most treacherous....

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68008

---------------------------------------

today

THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX
Qualifying Sat 22:30-23:30

if you cant watch (like me), login & see the live timing:)) *www.formula1.com/services/live_timing/live_timing.html

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
q1 result
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/8555/f1q1lq6.jpg
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/8555/f1q1lq6.6ae4e09f97.jpg

Q2 result

*img387.imageshack.us/img387/8206/f1q2sy9.jpg
*img387.imageshack.us/img387/8206/f1q2sy9.948791fc1d.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.