s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img100.imageshack.us/img100/3865/f1qcpt8.jpg
*img100.imageshack.us/img100/3865/f1qcpt8.528b952358.jpg

:| at ferrari

Dipen01

Youngling
Cant help it re...

Sector 3 was terrible for them.. The gap of half second just in Q3 sucks.. Dunno what happened to Massa but he overpowered Kimi in Q1 and Q2.. I reckon Hamilton is avg on fuel as always.. and Kubica is lighter of Top 3.. Kimi and Ham must have similar fuel loads..

I think this S3 is going to hamper them tomorrow also and as track is breaking down , and graining factor.. We might just have an interesting race..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Raikkonen very critical of track problems
Kimi Raikkonen says the Canadian Grand Prix could become a nightmare if the track surface keeps breaking up like during qualifying.

Drivers complained about the lack of grip at Turn 10, where the surface began to break up, leaving debris which made the cars lost grip.

Although the marshals tried to sweep the debris off the racing line before the final qualifying segment, Raikkonen said the issue cost him a chance of fighting for pole.

The Ferrari driver finished in third place, nearly a second behind pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton, and the Finn slammed the track as a "joke".

"The car has been good all weekend but this morning was even very good and going into qualifying is quite a joke with the circuit," said Raikkonen. "The circuit breaks down and it is like you missed the corner because there is so much sand.

"I lost so much time in Turn 10 I couldn't turn around and went straight on. We had the car to fight for qualifying (pole).

"We will see how it is in the race but it will be a nightmare. We have a lot of laps and it broke up after two laps so it will be interesting."

He added: "I have a very good car all weekend, then suddenly because the weather heat up a little bit and the circuit didn't last very long. The problem is black patches, they redo it every year and every year they break down."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68076

so thats the reason kimi was slow:D

Trulli slams 'disastrous' track conditions
Toyota duo Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock have joined the group of drivers concerned about the track conditions in Canada.

The track surface kept breaking up during qualifying, despite repairs done before this morning's practice, meaning drivers struggled for grip.

Trulli said the conditions were disastrous, and the Italian admitted it is a huge concern for tomorrow's race.

"Qualifying was exceptionally difficult today because the track conditions were a disaster," said Trulli after qualifying in 14th."The surface was breaking up and getting worse with every lap. I don't know what was going on but I did my best lap at the beginning and then I couldn't repeat it any more.

"I spun on my quickest lap at the start of Q2, otherwise maybe I could have been in the top ten. But after that the track just got worse. Today was all about getting a clear, lucky lap. I don't know how the race will go but the track surface is a huge concern."

Glock, who just missed on a top ten grid position, admitted he was fearing "major problems" tomorrow.

"That was just a really difficult session," he added. "It was very hard to find a good balance and I was far from happy. The main problem was as each session went on, the track just started to fall away. That made the second and third runs very difficult and everyone was making mistakes.

"In the end I just got the lap together for P11 and we were unlucky not to reach the top ten. It would have been good to make it back into Q3 but it just didn't work out.

"Now we will have to see what happens in the race. It is usually possible to overtake here but if there are similar track conditions it could cause major problems."

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68079

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Leaving the track issues aside, did you notice the speed classification? Mclaren and BMW were faster than Ferrari. Massa who was classified 8th was the fastest Ferrari.

I like the track of the Canadian GP. Waiting to see a thrilling race. Hamilton was amazing and I guess he'll pull away in the drivers championship points.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hamilton is crashing onto wall of champions today :D

anyways.. BMW are not faster than ferrari.. They are lighter ;) Everytime Kubica snatches a near Pole..He has been Ultralite.. Checkout He is slower than Ferrari's in Q1 and Q2... Hamilton is purely faster with equal fuel loads..

And as to Massa.. Its his mistake that costed the time and not the cars.. Also in S1 and S2 Kimi is at par at Hamilton.. Infact faster in S2.. Its the hairpin thats killing Ferrari...

Nevermind.. Massa will be having tough time for Podium from 6th.. Kimi still has a shot if he manages to pass Kubica on 1st turn.. Kubica tends to be nervous during starts.. He hasnt had many good starts from starting grid ;)

Although even Kimi hasnt had any good starts this year.. Lets see, I am hopeful that this will be good race..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hamilton was slower in S1 and S2. Kimi managed -0.0xx in S1 and -0.25x in S2 wrt Lewis and still was slower. The straight lines in S3 is doing the trick for Mclaren.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
OMFG, Lewis Hamilton what a fscking moron!!!

Where are you eyes man? pathetic..

He should be penalized for that.

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Awesome move Felipe, two birds in one stone :D

Now hunt down David and podium is yours.

A superb drive by Robert results in a BMW 1,2 and he leads the championship now.

1)Robert 2) Nick 3)David

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
well great race by BMW's... hamilton destroyed the race by his silly mistake for his team and for Ferrari....

Great comeback by massa too ...

s18000rpm will be a happy man :)

Dipen01

Youngling
Robert totally deserved it.. Even thought he hadn't won the race if not for Hamilton (You bloody Ham) kicking Kimi's butt...

Anyways.. Its nice to see a slightely different race for a fun.. Bechara DC got on Podium lol...

Sad for kimi.. I He would have surely won the race if not for Ham..

Congrats.. BMW.. It will be interesting if 3 way battle continue till the end..

Btw whats the problem with Heiki..??

Its like he is using a weaker car... I mean he isnt that bad a driver to drive at the back of the pack...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
wow.

i missed the race:x

Ham kissed kimi's arse??? :D

wow, i thought robert will hae to wait for victory.

seems like robert is the "last years' hamilton" :p

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8S9FeJU7hA
Lewis Hamilton Crashes Into Kimi Räikkönen:))

Hamilton apologises to Raikkonen

An angry Raikkonen spoke to Hamilton after the crash, pointing at the light.

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68130
pehle baap, ab beta? (making mistakes)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Don't remember he was the one who crashed into Force India's Sutil the last time?

@Mehul: If only you were a moderator in the real world eh! :D (insert speed racer muttley laugh)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/5/7840.html
how can you compare kimi's shunt to ham's shunt?

DC lost his car at the same place where kimi did, but kimi controlled the car from spinning out. unfortunately hitting sutil:))

thats pushing-losing (car)-getting back on:D

what ham did was, unacceptable, not keeping his eyes on the lights:x, when there's sooooo many "new" rules put bout Pit Lights (during SC period)

btw, sutil caused this ham-kimi shunt, indirectly:p

nico just cruised into ham's back, lool,.

watch this *www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8S9FeJU7hA , at 22 secnd, see the lights changing. :?

Hamilton, Rosberg hit with grid penalty

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will lose ten places on the grid at the French Grand Prix following their pitlane incident in Canada.

Hamilton crashed into the back of Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen at the end of the pitlane on lap 20, when the Finn braked to stop in front of the red light. The Briton said he saw the light too late and could not avoid hitting the Ferrari.

Both men retired in the accident.

Rosberg could not stop in time either and hit Hamilton from behind, although the Williams driver was able to continue in the race.

Both Hamilton and Rosberg will be hit with a 10-place grid penalty in France in two weeks' time.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68140

Raikkonen 'unhappy' about Hamilton's error
Kimi Raikkonen said he was unhappy about Lewis Hamilton's mistake during the Canadian Grand Prix, especially as it happened in the pitlane.

The McLaren driver crashed into the back of the Ferrari after failing to see the red light at the end of the pitlane in time to stop.

The accident damaged the cars and both men had to retire.

Raikkonen accepted that everybody can make mistakes, but he was annoyed that it happened in the pitlane.

"There's not much I can say. My race was ruined by Hamilton's mistake," said Raikkonen, who had crashed into the back on Adrian Sutil in Monaco two weeks ago.

"Obviously, anyone can make mistakes, as I did two weeks ago in Monaco, but it's one thing to make a mistake at two hundred per hour but another to hit a car stopped at a red light. I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result.

"I am unhappy, because I had a great chance of winning. Once the graining had gone from the tyres, the car was going very well.

"I have failed to score in these last two races and now it's time to start winning again. There is still a long way to go in the championship and it is still very close and we have everything we need to regain the ground we have lost."

Felipe Massa completed a disappointing day for Ferrari, finishing in fifth position after having to pit three times due to a problem with the refueling rig during his first stop.

The Brazilian admitted, however, that he was pleased to score some points which allowed him to join Hamilton in second place in the standings.

"It's hard to express my feelings after a race like this," he said. "On the one hand, I am disappointed because, without my refueling problem, I could have been fighting for a place on the podium.

"On the other hand, I am happy to have brought home four points at the end of a very difficult race run on a track surface that was in really poor condition.

"Once I found myself at the back, I tried to climb back up again, but in the end, when I was behind Glock, I could not get past him and also I didn't want to run the risk of ending up off the track after all the trouble I'd been to to get that far.

"I would like to congratulate Kubica and BMW: they worked really well and deserved this success. They are very strong, but I think we are working in the right direction, as could be seen from our performance level every day here."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68148

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
what is this i read in the paper the first ever race in the night. when is it?
TOI says its in singapur. but the schedule is not given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom