:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
The interactive thing is not working for me :( . Is it supposed to do something? Coz of I get like this when I click on the Start/End point.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/9396/f1a.jpg *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/9397/f1b.jpg

*[URL="*www.imgx.org/pfiles/9397/f1b.jpg]"

I have got all plugins installed for FF3, happens both in Linux and Windows.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Woah!! What an outstanding lap by Mark Webber, amazing!

Heikki -1, Mark - 2, Kimi -3

Watch out now, half way through season and Heikki will be a big headache to Lewis, and expect to see more of his faces on the camera :D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hehe yeah, very dramatic :D

Very nice drive Lewis, and Rubens, what a super 3rd place, his kiddo's prayers were answered.

Ferrari botched up Kimi's podium possibility with that stupid tyre decision, they should have given him fresh wets. I'm sure he and Lewis would be fighting.

And Felipe lol, probably setting up the record for the most spins in a race :p

Also, expect rain in the next German Grand Prix as well, just like last year.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Drivers:
1. Hamilton 48
2. Raikkonen 48
3. Massa 48
4. Kubica 46
5. Heidfeld 36
6. Kovalainen 24
7. Trulli 20
8. Webber 18
9. Alonso 13
10. Barrichello 11
11. Rosberg 8
12. Nakajima 8
13. Coulthard 6
14. Vettel 5
15. Glock 5
16. Button 3
17. Piquet 2
18. Bourdais 2

Constructors:

1. Ferrari 96
2. BMW Sauber 82
3. McLaren-Mercedes 72
4. Toyota 25
5. Red Bull-Renault 24
6. Williams-Toyota 16
7. Renault 15
8. Honda 14
9. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 7

wow

3 guys at same pts. :eek:
:))

only the indian team yet to score pts.:|

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I didn't like the race .. it was pathetic...

tennis was way better option on Sunday, awesome final.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Forgot to say one more thing, if I remember correctly, Fernando did the entire 2nd stint on slicks, he didn't change the tyres :shock:, this when people around him were spinning and offtracking on wets. Respect for Fernando ^_^

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Forgot to say one more thing, if I remember correctly, Fernando did the entire 2nd stint on slicks, he didn't change the tyres :shock:, this when people around him were spinning and offtracking on wets. Respect for Fernando ^_^

yea..i was about to write this here :p
that was a very good run by him.exactly opposite to Massa's :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

LOL. Slicks? There are no slick tyres in Formula1.

Dry Weather:

1) Hard
2) Soft
3) Supersoft

Wet Weather:

1) Intermediate tyres
2) Full Wet tyres
3) Extreme Wet tyres

He didn't change his tyres (intermediates) during the first pit stop. As a result, he too struggled for pace like Kimi. Finally, he came in for second stop on lap 27 and put on Full Wet tyres and finished the race.

btw, do you really think that he can even pass one corner on dry weather tyres with the amount of rain falling and water standing on the track?

Last edited:

VD17

Journeyman
lol.. yeah..
and i remember Steve Slater going "Felipe's doing more spin cycles than my washing machine right now!"

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
LOL. Slicks?

btw, do you really think that he can even pass one corner on dry weather tyres with the amount of rain falling and water standing on the track?
:))

c'mon hitboxx, you play f1 game, even in the game, its impossble to race with dry's in wet condition.

i miss schumi, the true rain master

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Vettel confirmed at Red Bull Racing

Sebastian Vettel will join Mark Webber at Red Bull Racing next year, the Milton Keynes-based team confirmed at Hockenheim on Thursday

...more - *www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69187

Christian Horner : Timing not right for Alonso deal
Christian Horner says the timing was not right for Red Bull Racing to try and hire Fernando Alonso for next season.

The Milton Keynes-based team confirmed Sebastian Vettel will replace David Coulthard at the team in 2009, ending speculation about a possible move by Alonso from Renault.

Horner said the two-time champion was never an option for the team because of the current situation of the team and the driver.

"That was never an option," Horner told reporters in Germany. "Sebastian has been a member of the Red Bull young driver programme for many years now and he had demonstrated obvious potential.

"So after David announced his retirement it was an easy and natural decision to replace him with Sebastian.

"Fernando is a fantastic driver, I have got huge respect for him. I think he is one of the best three in the world, but the timing wasn't right for Red Bull Racing and him.

"It's early in the year to have both drivers confirmed but we decided to have stability in the team, to give clarity to the engineering staff. Now is the best time to make a commitment to what we knew was a 99% certainty anyway, and focus on the future."

Horner revealed, however, that Red Bull would have only considered Alonso had they not hired Vettel.

He added: "For us the only other driver we would have considered other than Sebastian was Fernando, but as I said, the timing wasn't right for either party in terms of what they were looking for out of a potential relationship."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69194

wtech

Broken In
hope their arent many montoya fans :D

*f1chronicles.com/2008/07/14/juan-pablo-montoya-stupid-video-files-p/

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Qualifying Sat 17:30-18:30

The Race Sun 17:30-19:30

Hamilton also dominates second practice
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69219

*img166.imageshack.us/img166/5069/screenshot001fg2.jpg
*img166.imageshack.us/img166/5069/screenshot001fg2.83992cebb7.jpg

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I'm also in the bucket :( With the current setup of powercuts here, I'm scheduled to miss the important first hour of the race, from 5:30 to 6:30 and can only see the concluding 1/2 hour or so. I'm praying they sort out the issue before tomorrow!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Hamilton beats Massa to German GP pole:x:x:x
Lewis Hamilton beat Felipe Massa to pole position for the German Grand Prix after a thrilling battle between the pair throughout qualifying.

The duo had topped a segment apiece in Q1 and Q2, before Massa put his Ferrari on provisional pole with his first flying lap of Q3, beating Hamilton by 0.4 seconds at that stage.

Massa then dug deeper and improved to 1:15.859 with his second lap, putting himself half a second clear of the field and looking assured of pole.

But Hamilton made an even greater gain, going over one second quicker than his previous run to beat Massa by nearly 0.2 seconds.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69270
:|
*img379.imageshack.us/img379/5633/screenshot001qe3.jpg
*img379.imageshack.us/img379/5633/screenshot001qe3.5e31ba72e9.jpg
WTF!!!!
kimi behind alonso:|:|:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom