• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

abyss88

Broken In
@ a_rahim..yeah i know you are true..but i cant help myself because i'm a biased brainwashed barcelona fan..hehe..so i have to live with that:smile:...BUT I STILL HATE MADRID..:razz:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
LMAO :-D :p

Personally I am not brainwashed but I hate Chelsea, and Man United for reason.
Now don't tell me to mention those (granth nahi likhna chahta :D)

Baker

Albicelestes
one day morning , a guy came with bag full of cash and purchased best coach, best players and win the PL continuously , well i can understand why u guys are hatting chelsea

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
one day morning , a guy came with bag full of cash and purchased best coach, best players and win the PL continuously , well i can understand why u guys are hatting chelsea

Huh? Win PL continuously? OMG I didn't know you lot won the PL in 2007 and 2008. I thought ManUre won it. I guess Kl@w is right that I know nothing about history. :| :D :lol:

Baker

Albicelestes
Huh? Win PL continuously? OMG I didn't know you lot won the PL in 2007 and 2008. I thought ManUre won it. I guess Kl@w is right that I know nothing about history. :| :D :lol:

at least i was able to see Chelsea lifting the trophy 2 times..... ( after i started watching football)..
:-D:-D:-D:-D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

By that argument, ManCity should have already been crowned champions and the Big-4 would be fighting for 2nd spot. :rolleyes:

Money != Success.

It's a 'fact' (thanks, Senor Benitez!). Get over it. :D

Strika

Right off the assembly line
hi all i love watchin football. i support southampton, but im interested in premier league football as well. anyway to get on topic, tomorrows champions league games should be interesting..!! :)

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
By that argument, ManCity should have already been crowned champions and the Big-4 would be fighting for 2nd spot. :rolleyes:

Money != Success.
But in Chelsea's(and United's recently) case Money=Success.You should have a capable man at the helm to spend that.IMO Arsene Wenger can win everything there is to be won if he is given even 1/4th of the funds available to Chelsea.He found some very good players for peanuts and a top class player like Arshavin for 15m.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
But in Chelsea's(and United's recently) case Money=Success.You should have a capable man at the helm to spend that.IMO Arsene Wenger can win everything there is to be won if he is given even 1/4th of the funds available to Chelsea.He found some very good players for peanuts and a top class player like Arshavin for 15m.
Exactly. If success per unit money spent ratio is calculated Chelsea would do well to be even above a 2nd division team (except Man City of course)....:-D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

We actually had a capable man at the helm when we went on a spending spree - Mourinho. Look at the players he bought - Carvalho, Drogba, Essien etc, almost all of whom only increased in value after they came to Chelsea. Before that, Ranieri made some good buys - Lampard, Joe Cole and even Robben & Cech were his buys but jose gets the credit for them.

Sadly, in today's footballing world there is a price to be paid for quality. Not every club/manager can unearth gems like Arsenal/Wenger does, although even Arsene made some mistakes such as Francis Jeffers, Aliadiere etc.
Arsenal would probably have lots more funds if it weren't for the Emirates Stadium and its loan repayment.

Exactly. If success per unit money spent ratio is calculated Chelsea would do well to be even above a 2nd division team (except Man City of course)....:-D

Rafa the gaffa has also spent a lot and several of his buys turned out to be duds - Dossena & Keane, just to mention this season's flops. If we go by your proposed 'success per unit money spent' idea, Pool would do well to get into the 2nd division. :lol: :D

I dont agree with you completely.
One of the biggest spending sprees began only ofter "The Special One" arrived. Even if he didnt spend, Claudio Ranieri had already built up a solid team for about 2-3 years. Sadly,Abromovich wanted "instant gratification" and thus, by chance, Mourinho inherited an already very capable team from Ranieri.
So it would be unfare to criticise only Chelsea for huge spending on transfers,
every team does it if they feel the need to (Arsene Wenger chased Zenit for an entire month to get Arshavin to the EPL didnt he? :wink: )

But I have to agree that Wenger is one of the most tactical managers I've witnessed (I'm just about 3 years into football now), and I feel the kids/regulars in Arsenal the more flamboyant and skillful than any other squad (no sarcasm intended)
ie. after Chelsea of course :D

abyss88

Broken In
Pep Guardiola has called up 19 players for the second leg of Barça’s Champions League quarter final tie. The players left out are Márquez, who is suspended, Jorquera, Pedro and Víctor Sánchez.

Gerard Piqué, Touré Yaya and José Manuel Pinto are the new faces in the 19-man squad which is to travel to Bavaria for the return leg of Barça’s Champions League quarter final tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday. Also making the trip will be Éric Abidal who got the green light from club doctors before Saturday’s clash with Recreativo.

The players who have been left out are Albert Jorquera, Pedro Rodríguez and Víctor Sánchez, while Rafa Márquez is suspended and Gaby Milito injured.

Training at Sant Joan Despí

The team has trained this Sunday at the club’s Ciudad Deportiva facility behind closed doors. Alves, Valdés and Gudjohnsen, who received treatment for knocks picked up yesterday, were the only ones not to come out onto the pitch.

Reserve team players Gai, Thiago, Córcoles, Botía, Xavi Torres, Solano and Rayo took part in the session.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
So it would be unfare to criticise only Chelsea for huge spending on transfers,
every team does it if they feel the need to (Arsene Wenger chased Zenit for an entire month to get Arshavin to the EPL didnt he? :wink: )
Hehe,Arsenal being the penny pincher club it is,took 1 month to bargain and get the price down by 3-4m:p

Btw. we got priced out for Xabi Alonso in the summer,if we had the funds at that time our PL campaign could have been much better :(
But I have to agree that Wenger is one of the most tactical managers I've witnessed (I'm just about 3 years into football now), and I feel the kids/regulars in Arsenal the more flamboyant and skillful than any other squad (no sarcasm intended)
ie. after Chelsea of course :D
Agree with you on the skill part but not sure about the tactical part with players being played out of position,wrong formations etc.Sometimes he experiments too much.
Benitez is #1 tactician around for me with Jose at #2.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/park-silvestre.jpg
Park owning tweety with martial arts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom