OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
THE FA Cup quarter-final draw: Sheff Utd/Middlesbrough v Cardiff
Manchester United v Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers v West Brom
Barnsley v Chelsea

While I agree that Barnsley are official giant killers now,isn't Chelsea just sliding towards the finals?Draw against lower league opposition again:?

Rahim

Married!
The Draw is quite fair and with so many Championship clubs , there ought to be some "funny" ones out of the Hat!!!.
BTW I am looking forward to UCL matches today and tomorrow and i would take a nap in the afternoon itself, so that i am awake in the night!!!

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Schalke 1-0 Porto
Liverpool 2-0 Inter Milan
Roma 2-1 Real Madrid
Olympiakos 0-0 Chelsea

Liverpool did it again in Europe.But Torres' diving cost metarazzi:x
Roma beat Real after going 1-0 down :shock:

Rahim

Married!
The Liverpool result is not shocking. Inter never played like an in-form team and paid the price(the sending-off didnt help either).
We all know Rafa and his team plays only in CL :p
Chelsea drawing away to Olympiakos is a surprise.

The referee has to be clever about "weak-legs" players who goes down soo easily. If Torress's antics where so conclusive, just imagine how many players would be sent-off by Ronaldo's cute dives. The linesman could have easily seem it(he was 8 yards away). But still Liverpool would have won this match regardless of dismissal. Gerrard once again shone like a Star and was everywhere. Quite happy for Kuyt's Goal.

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
*www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=534105

Ryan Giggs aims to mark his 100th Euro outing with victory in Lyon.

Giggs: We'll be Kings of Lyon
Ryan Giggs believes Manchester United will be driven on by last year’s Champions League semi-final heartache. The Wales wing wizard, 34, will make his 100th appearance in the competition if he features against Lyon in the Stade Gerland. He admits he still thinks back to the devastating 3-0 defeat by AC Milan last May. But with a much stronger squad to choose from this year, he is sure United can banish that memory once and for all. "I think the players who experienced that disappointment in Milan will be helped by it. Milan weren’t really going for anything else and were able to rest players. This year we’ll hopefully be wiser."
Martin Blackburn, The Sun

Carlos Tevez tells The Sun that he is going to France to put his feet up: "We are ready," he says. "Let’s be clear — we are not going to France on holiday. We want to qualify."

Arsenal's Brazilian midfielder Gilberto has warned United winger Nani to stop being so skilful. If he continues to show off his talents, he'll "get a bad kick", apparently.

New England boss Fabio Capello has backed the Reds to succeed in Europe, telling the Mirror: "If United keep their concentration and play to their best, they can go all the way in Europe."

The Daily Mail reports that no action will be taken against William Gallas after "television pictures clearly showed [the Frenchman] kick Nani". Referee Alan Wiley missed the incident but, having reviewed video evidence refused to condemn the Arsenal centre-back.

Rahim

Married!
Sorry for being blunt but Giggs time is up. For me his desire has gone after winning everything there is to won in Club Football.

I believe that now United have too many choices in the midfield, which is imo,is a hindrance, as there is no continuity of personnel in there. Nani & Anderson should start each game and I am still not convinced with Hargreaves, he seems too dogdy for me.
It will be a difficult match but eventually United will go through over two legs.

How are Gunners preparing for Milan? I like their quite approach and dont like the "Chest Thump" way United follow.(As shown by post above)
Bottomline is, Do the job on the Pitch and then talk as much nonsense you like to.
I think, though I am a United fan, that after last night's display, Liverpool will once again be the team to beat. They come Alive playing in European Competitions.

BTW PaulScholes: How was your exams?

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
abey ek ko pakdeha toh doosra nikal jayegaa. Milan have too many daddies of CL.
Arsenal have to play very quick passing game to tire these seasoned-hardmen of Milan.

Rahim

Married!
Yaa. He tore us apart. You just dont "take care" of The World's Best Player legally.
Bottomline is whom to mark and whom not to? They are so dangerous and experienced , its untrue.

Update: SAF has started his mind games by reavealing to scoop for 2 Lyon Starlets for 40m Pound for Banzema & Ben Arfa. Just to unsettle the players i guess.

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
If you want live text BBC.com is the best.Commentary starts 30 mins before the match(you can also take part in the real time discussion there)

Top Bottom