• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Carra actually played pretty well for a change yesterday, and at the very moment got out injured. :|
With Agger out already, and Ayala out on loan, would be in a spot of bother with one more injury to the CBs. Hopefully Wilson, and Kelly can cover Skrtel and Soto.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
you mean iinfi?

No, there are much worse 'supporters' out there. At least iinfi wants us to win. The twunts I'm talking about want us to lose so that we'll finally buy a big-name player in January or so that they'll be proved right about the team selection. The twunts calling for Carlo to be sacked. The numpties who appear out of nowhere as soon as we hit a rough patch. Those kind of 'fans'.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
No, there are much worse 'supporters' out there. At least iinfi wants us to win. The twunts I'm talking about want us to lose so that we'll finally buy a big-name player in January or so that they'll be proved right about the team selection. The twunts calling for Carlo to be sacked. The numpties who appear out of nowhere as soon as we hit a rough patch. Those kind of 'fans'.

i think thats the case with every club...people jump the gun when any club goes through a rough patch....calling for carlo's sack was stupid...example i think i read in an arsenal forum or some place where fans were calling for wenger to resign..its in the heat of the moment..fades eventually... :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Chelsea fans should criticize Abramovich. He is interfering like a moron on footballing affairs apparently. He should simply STFU and simply sign the cheques for his management team, that's what he is for.

Rahim

Married!
Spurs is beginning to show some unexpected but real spirit.

Every team goes through poor form and Chelsea is no exception, but they are ;acking leadership in these matches.

ajai5777

Youngling
Defense isnt the real problem for us.Its the central midfield.We lack creativity from midfield with out lamps n essien.Anelka, malouda n Drogba upfront is decent enough for attack but the inexperienced midfield cant hold the game.The midfield with deco n ballack was much better than this.2 attacking full backs and a weak central defense cant guarantee a clean sheet so we need to score more.

Rahim

Married!
Tottenham have the belief of United in 1998-99

Tottenham once again came from behind yesterday, this time to beat Liverpool 2-1, and are beginning to resemble Manchester United in their treble-winning season 11 years ago. Not perhaps in the quality of the players they have at their disposal but at least in the way they believe they can come back to win any game, whatever the scoreline they are trailing by. And yesterday Jermain Defoe (who has surely taken his last penalty for Spurs now) said in a newspaper interview that he is trying to infuse the United mentality at White Hart Lane.
"You have to believe you can win every game. I remember when I first got into the England squad, training was mad. The Man United players, even in training and in little five-a-sides, wanted to win every game. And if they didn't win, they were moaning and moaning; it was amazing. Sometimes they'd still be talking about it over dinner. I think that's a great thing to have and I think it's important that we get that."
It is a long way to go – and nobody surely believes Spurs are going to win the treble this season – but they have done remarkably well so far. They are six points off the league leaders and through to the Champions League last 16. Not bad at this stage of the season.

Sol Campbell is still a very good defender

The defender's spell at Newcastle could hardly have got off to a worse start. Within days of turning up for pre-season training he called some of the club's fans 'idiots' after they had suggested he was overweight. "Don't they know I have just got married and been on honeymoon?" he fumed. "My message is simple to all the knockers: I am knuckling down and want to play my football with a great club and a great manager. Then you can judge me."
Judging from yesterday's performance against the champions Chelsea, maybe it is time to give Campbell some credit. Aided by a composed Steven Taylor, his was a mosty assured performance blighted only by a cumbersome turn when Salomon Kalou scored the equaliser for the visitors. There were crunching tackles, good positioning and several towering headers. Considering he was up against Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, the 36-year-old did everything the manager, Chris Hughton, could have wanted from him.

Arsenal won't win the league with an all-French back four

For two consecutive Premier League matches Arsène Wenger has selected an entirely French back four: Bacary Sagna, Sébastien Squillaci, Laurent Koscielny and Gaël Clichy. The result? Five goals conceded. True, this is not Wenger's first-choice defence (he would rather have a free-scoring Belgian international in the centre but that free-scoring Belgian international seems to have disappeared from the face of earth) but it is not far from it.
Would Johan Djourou been able to make much of a difference? Probably not. A week ago Arsenal conceded three against Tottenham and on Saturday they leaked two more against Aston Villa. They won one of the games but everyone knows you need a strong central defensive partnership to win the league (think Hansen-Lawrenson, Adams-Keown, Bruce-Pallister, Stam-anyone, Terry-Carvalho and so on) and Arsenal simply do not have that this season – even if they buy Gary Cahill in January.

Nani is the new Cristiano Ronaldo (well, almost)

Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha was always going to be put in the spotlight when Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United. One Portuguese winger thrown in to replace another Portuguese winger. It was an unfortunate situation for Nani, who was always going to struggle in comparison with Ronaldo. But, after three fairly inauspicious seasons with United, he is finally making important contributions.
Nani has five league goals this season (as many as in the two previous full campaigns) and, even more importantly, he has set up a further 10 goals for United in the league this season. That is two more than anyone else in the league. United have always relied on midfielders scoring goals and this season (especially with Antonio Valencia injured and Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes getting forward less often) it may be Nani's turn to be the main man.

Post-match press conferences are a waste of time

Most managers will always try to defend their players (step forward Arsène Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson in particular) but what is the point of post-match interviews when what is said is clearly gibberish? Step forward Roberto Mancini, who after Manchester City's 1-1 draw away to Stoke City said: "We played very well and deserved to win. We played some fantastic football in the second half."
Fact one: City did not deserve to win because they were pretty abject for at least 45 minutes. Fact two: City were not fantastic in the second half. They had some good passages of play but fantastic is Barcelona's first 20 minutes at Arsenal last season. City were nowhere near that. And by the way Tuncay Sanli is far too good a footballer to be spending most of his time on a substitutes' bench.

Five things we learned from the Premier League this weekend | Marcus Christenson | Football | guardian.co.uk

--------------------------
The immature comment that Nani is CR is laughable. He may turn out to be a good consistent player but just does not have in him to be a World Beater.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Chelsea fans should criticize Abramovich. He is interfering like a moron on footballing affairs apparently. He should simply STFU and simply sign the cheques for his management team, that's what he is for.

Well, actually he is not as bad as the media make him out to be. Wilkins was never sacked. His contract ran out in September. His job was to acclimatise Ancelotti with the English game during the early period, which he did quite well. But now he was no more than an expensive luxury. In these financially prudent times, we can't afford to keep a person just for old times sake. Granted, he was a good friend of Carlo's, but friendship won't sign the paycheck every week. He was dispensed with. The elevation of Emenalo to asst. manager is what actually baffles me. You might have noticed that Carlo actually consults Paul Clement during matches, rather than Emenalo. This is the point where I think the board should have allowed the manager to choose his assistant rather than forcing a yes-man upon him.

Roman has done more for the club than most other owners would, so I can't actually criticise him too much. Most of his decisions have turned out to be good in the end - sacking Mourinho when we were going downhill with him and garnering a bad reputation, getting rid of LFS who could have single-handedly dragged us OUT of Europe and cited our failure to sign Robinho as the only reason for that, getting Hiddink in on a short-term basis, who promptly steadied the ship and won us the FA Cup to boot. The appointment of CA was another masterstroke, as proved in his first season. There is a method to his apparent madness, although it takes time for us to actually realize it. :p

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Nani has been called the next CR since we signed him. Thankfully he is living upto it now.

And something interesting

Code:
 # R/D 	Team 		 GD  GDD   Pts PD
 1 	Chelsea (C)	+70 (-1)   85 (-1)
 2 	Manchester Utd	+51 (-6)   79 (-6)
 3 	Arsenal 	+37 (-5)   73 (-2)
 4 (+1) Manchester City +26 (-2)   67
-------------------------------------------------
 5 (-1) Tottenham H	+12 (-14)  65 (-5)
 6 (+1) Liverpool	+9  (-10)  62 (-1)
 7 (-1) Aston Villa 	-5  (-18)  55 (-9) 
 8      Everton		+5  (-6)   54 (-7)
 9 (+4) Sunderland 	+8  (+14)  51 (+7)
10 (+1) Stoke City  	−6  (+4)   51 (+4)
11 (-1) Blackburn	−17 (-3)   49 (-1)
12 (+2) Bolton		−7  (+18)  48 (+9)
13 (-4) Birmingham City −6  (+6)   46 (-4)
14 (+4)	Newcastle 	−22 (+10)  42 (+12)
15 (-3)	Fulham 		−9  (-2)   40 (-5)
16 (+4)	Blackpool	−20 (+4)   36 (+8)
17 (+2)	West Brom 	−25 (+16)  36 (+6)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
18 (-2)	Wigan Athletic	−45 (-3)   33 (-3)
19 (-4)	Wolverhampton	−23 (+1)   31 (-6)
20 (-3)	West Ham U	−32 (-13)  27 (-8)

Key: R=Rankings, R/D=Rankings Difference
GD=Goal Difference, GDD=Goal Difference Difference

This has been made by replacing this seasons results into last seasons table.

Eg If A defeated B last season but drew this season, then A looses 2 pts while B gains 2 Pts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom