• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*www.oleole.com/media/main/images/blogs/images/group1/subgrp31/blogimg_1650_6107-20100607093629601156.jpg
If we don't manage to get his signature this season then Arsenal only really have him on loan for a year - because there is nothing they can do to stop him joining next summer. Arsenal need to understand they are only delaying the inevitable.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Joe Cole gets No.10
Jovanovic moves to No.11

Weird but I guess No.10 suits him fine since that was his number at his ex-club.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
So you claim he was not a skillful player and your worst player for 4 years? :rolleyes:
Nowhere did I claim he is a "world beater" and "bestest best" or something, and nor there is any certainty of him being a success but I have always felt he was the most skillful player for Chelsea, just as Benayoun had been for Liverpool. If you call that delusion or "clutching of straws", you may very well do so.

Don't try to put words in my mouth.

You're entitled to your opinion about him, but Chelsea fans have actually seen him play for more than 2 games per season (games vs Pool). We know what we're talking about. :D

He's got technique and a few skills to boot, but calling him the most skilful player at Chelsea is taking it too far. ;)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Joe Cole was by far the best player for Chelsea in the 2007-08 and was their only skillful player. (now Malouda)

However, Chelsea is a team built on powerful athletes. They don't require Joe Cole's 'skill' now as he hasn't shown that for the past two years.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Eduardo move has been confirmed.Best of luck to him in Ukraine and for Croatia.
Eduardo's recovery from his injury sustained at Birmingham City in February 2008 is a testament to his strength as a human being, and this character and determination will be missed by everyone associated at Arsenal.
Eduardo joins Shakhtar Donetsk | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

Eduardo provided many great memories in his short Arsenal careers,including the goal on his comeback and this:

*www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00030/arsenalmain_516x350_30152a.jpg

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Joe Cole: Liverpool are bigger than Man United, Chelsea, and Arsenal.Former Chelsea star Joe Cole says Liverpool are the biggest club in the Premier League, which - along with the Anfield atmosphere - prompted him to pick the Reds over Arsenal, Spurs, and Manchester United, among others.

Somewhat contradicts

This.

ARSENAL pulled out of trying to sign Joe Cole because they are so confident of keeping Cesc Fabregas.

Starsport can reveal out-of-contract Cole was keen on a move to the Emirates. But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger did not pursue a deal with the former Chelsea star because he is convinced Fabregas can be persuaded to stay.

Cole, 28, was a fan of Arsenal as a boy and is understood to have let Wenger know he favoured a switch to the club.

The Gunners – unlike Liverpool – could also have offered Cole Champions League football.

But with Wenger not pursuing a deal, Cole opted instead for Anfield, where he has agreed a four-year contract worth £90,000-a-week.

ROFLMAO!!! XD

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Thats a harsh thing to say about Eduardo. the fact that he came back into competitive football is a prize in itself.
oh crap..ur chelsea.. wouldnt expect you to care about feelings or injuries.Carry on. XD

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
It would have been stupid to pay 90k a week to Cole with Wilshere and Rosicky available.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Nasri with a brilliant turn and finish.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Nasri again with a FK in the top corner :cool:

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
No need to press the panic button.We have already got a defensive overhaul this summer.
Vermaelen has been flawless as usual.None of the other 3 are first team regulars.

Nordtveit is playing out of position at RB and Djourou is getting his first football for years.
Traore is awful in parts, I agree.But then again,he is a winger playing as 3rd choice LB.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Thats a harsh thing to say about Eduardo. the fact that he came back into competitive football is a prize in itself.
oh crap..ur chelsea.. wouldnt expect you to care about feelings or injuries.Carry on. XD
Kl@w was replying to my comment on Joe Cole. :)

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Once again some of our younger players like JET,Lansbury,Nordtveit,Wilshere have impressed.
Nasri has looked to have made the step up though.He looks really focused in the training.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Every new player tries to please the fans by saying good things about the club. No need to take that as a dig to other clubs or that Liverpool are claiming to be the best. We know we are not. However I do expect "teh bandwagon jumpers" to be abusing him or calling him "judas" :lol: And that's the best part of this statement :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Arsenals Expenditure for summer 2010-11. 2.5Mn. And we supposedly had a 45mn transfer budget. No GK, No defender and I would like to see a world class DM too.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
"Before I start a new chapter in my career with Shakhtar Donetsk, I just wanted to send a message to all my friends at Arsenal.

"The past few days have been very emotional for me. Although I am excited about the challenge ahead with my new club Shakhtar Donetsk, I am so sad to be leaving my home for the past three years - Arsenal Football Club.

"Arsenal is a very special football club and I will miss so many people - my team mates, all the staff and of course, the wonderful Arsenal supporters.

"I would just like to thank everyone for your support during my time at Arsenal. When I first came to England, I could not speak the language and knew nobody, but as soon as I arrived I was made to feel at home and part of this big family. Also, I want to say thank you to the Arsenal supporters - you have been fantastic to me and always sung my name and I will never forget this.

"I had some very difficult times with my injury, but Arsenal was always there for me - the medical staff, the management, the players and the supporters. Thank you everybody.

"Although I have now left the Club, Arsenal will always be in my heart. I will always look for the Arsenal results and of course, I wish Arsène Wenger and the great players at the Club well for next season and the future."
What a brilliant guy on and off the field.
There was even a story about how he helped a Spud fan in London.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
BBC Sport - Football - Joe Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham' - Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp has revealed that new Liverpool signing Joe Cole had "wanted to come to Tottenham".
Cole, 28, joined the Reds on a free transfer this week after he was released by Chelsea in May.
"I spoke to him a month ago and I thought he was coming here," said Tottenham manager Redknapp, who managed the midfielder at West Ham.
"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."
England international Cole signed a four-year deal with the Anfield club and will reportedly earn £90,000 per week.
Meanwhile, Redknapp believes Tottenham could win the Premier League this season.
The 63-year-old helped Spurs to their highest Premier League finish last season, with fourth spot also guaranteeing the club a place in the Champions League.
"I feel we could contend for the title; we have got the players here," added Redknapp.
"We have to aim for it. We could win the championship.
"Last year, we went in saying we wanted to finish in the top four and if you don't aim for things, you have no chance."
However Redknapp, whose only signing of the summer so far is Brazilian midfielder Sandro, said he would need to strengthen the squad in order to challenge strongly on both European and domestic fronts.

"The Champions League is massive - forget budgets - we just want to be there," stated Redknapp.
"If we can get into the group stages, we can make an impact. We have good players - some fantastic ones at our club. And they can get better.
"We are going to have to rotate at times - we cannot play the best players all the time. I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference."
:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom