• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
the only reason i believe that terry is in the team is because he is the captain or the alternatives are not considered good enough

it'd be wrong to say that based on his recent performances..true,he's been on quite a downhill after his private life was exposed in the media,but he's Mr.Chelsea alright,something which even Lampard wont ever be.Been rock-solid in defence in countless number of matches for Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Stoke 3-1 MCFC

:lol:

and those cvnts were gonna outshine Utd :D

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

in other news Wayne Bridge withdraws from England selection

terry was hopeless in this match.. absolutely awful & milito was terrific
the match is in favour of inter but only slightly....
the only reason i believe that terry is in the team is because he is the captain or the alternatives are not considered good enough
Terrt is a cvnt. I've stood by this statement since the CL final in Moscow. Agreed, one of the best defenders seen in the EPL, but that was 3yrs ago. Since the CL final, he's been on a steady decline.

I dont see why Lampard shouldn't be the true Mr.Chelsea. In the CL final in Moscow, he didn't weep like a baby, he looked up and shook Rooney's hand. Last year, in the semifinal at the Bridge, he didnt chase the ref. He shrugged, and exchanged shirts with Iniesta. He single handled got the team through against the Pools in the quarterfinal (2 goals in 4-4 draw) and Terry wasn't playing that match.

That's just in Europe. I can go on and on about his contribution in any game to the team. He's a civilized, no-nonsense character who knows what is expected of him, and lives up to it.

Terry is still captain afaik 'coz of his contract. Remember Citeh chased him with a price-carrot-stick, and Ancelotti had no option but to declare that Terry will remain as captain of Chelsea and a contract extension in Terry's name. He had no choice (lol) how would the reaction by the fans, players and Roman have been if his first order of business (Ancelotti had just started coaching) was to let the captain go?

Anyway, regarding the match, I didnt ze the incident. But if only Kalou manged to score for us in the whole 90mins, then . . . :|

Plus there was no LB. Cole and Zhirkov with strains, and Belletti is more suited on the right, but Ancellotti had no other option. It sets up a nervous return leg at the Bridge. I wonder how the crowd will respond to Mourinho . .

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
in other news Wayne Bridge withdraws from England selection
seriously? I think he doesn't wanna play with Terry because he bummed his ex-wife. :lol:

Anyways, I respect his 'unselfish' decision. He knows that he will not able to perform properly with that cvnt Terry in the WC. Good for England and also for him. :| And Bridge has been great this season.

Last edited:

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
I dont see why Lampard shouldn't be the true Mr.Chelsea. In the CL final in Moscow, he didn't weep like a baby, he looked up and shook Rooney's hand. Last year, in the semifinal at the Bridge, he didnt chase the ref. He shrugged, and exchanged shirts with Iniesta. He single handled got the team through against the Pools in the quarterfinal (2 goals in 4-4 draw) and Terry wasn't playing that match.

That's just in Europe. I can go on and on about his contribution in any game to the team. He's a civilized, no-nonsense character who knows what is expected of him, and lives up to it.

agree with each and every letter there.still isnt there a reason for thousands of chelsea fans to chant Terry as Mr. chelsea and move around with flags with Terry and Chelsea's logo on them.

ntl,chelsea wasted possesion yesterday imo. the two inter goals were absolute class,chelsea's goal by kalou shouldve been saved by julio cesar.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Terry is considered Mr.Chelsea coz he came up through the youth system and went on to take the armband.

Yesterday we were unlucky - Drogba's freekick came off the crossbar and a cler pealty was denied after Kalou was fouled.

No matter, the away goal could be decisive. It only highlighted how valuable that goal was, seeing as Mourinho put on all his strikers one after the other on the field hoping to get another goal. :p

@klaw

Spot on. Essien, Lampard, Drogba and even Kalou are more devoted to the team than Terry despite the latter being a youth-system product.

Terry was good, but success went to his head, and now he is refusing to own up and mend his ways.

even I'm banking on the away goal rule :(

iinfi

mekalodu
yday chelsea played well .. i had worked for 16 odd hrs on trot yday ... 7am to 11pm .... then sat upto see the match only for mom to wake me up at 5 tdy morning .. i was sleeping on the sofa ... slept at halftime :( missed the second half .... fatigue got the better of me ..
i m disappointed with the way we defend these days .. its not jus terry or one person who is at fault .. the back four along with the defensive mid-fielder who is at fault ... organization is bad ..... after the special one left, managers who followed one didnt work on the defending part at all ...
i feel we will need 4 goals in the second leg to have any chance of progressing ... and i dont know where its gona come frm ...

@Rahim
Saw the game highlights while having dinner. Owen's goal was a pure poachers one, Rooney just got his head-to-ball after superb crosses from Valencia

Rahim

Married!
^But United have missed a lot of chances presented by CHelsea to run away with league only for Uited to show sttytering performance every now and then, a speciality seen this year from Chelsea too.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Arsenal announce £35.2m profits and slash club debt

• Club cut net debt from £332.8m to £203.6m
• Group's property business make £9.3m profit

guardian.co.uk said:
Arsenal have announced pre-tax profits of £35.2m and a significant reduction in debt for the six months ending 30 November, 2009.

The financial half-year results reveal Arsenal Holdings plc's total net debt has been reduced from £332.8m to £203.6m – a reduction of £129.2m.
:cool:

The club also announced significant progress at Highbury Square where the sale of 261 apartments raised £96.6m – an increase of £38.2m on 2008 – with all the proceeds used to pay off the project's debt. The group's property business recorded a pre-tax profit of £9.3m.

The figures are also believed to include the sale of Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Touré to Manchester City for a combined fee nearing £29m, although the manager, Arsène Wenger, spent £10m to sign the defender Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax.

In the results, the north London club also reveal they have completed the first stage of investment in the Emirates Stadium and have reiterated their policy of re-signing first-team players on long-term contracts.

Peter Hill-Wood, the non-excecutive chairman, said: "I am pleased to report that the Group has delivered another profitable set of results for the first six months of the financial year.

"There has been remarkable progress at Highbury Square over the last 12 months and it is clear that the next couple of years will see our property activities delivering surplus cash. This is very good news, although I would not want to speculate on the exact quantum or timing of this.

"How we will use this surplus remains undecided but, in addition to investing in the team, I think we will examine investment in club projects and infrastructure, both in and around Emirates Stadium, which will provide a long-lasting benefit to the club and our tremendous, loyal supporters.

"Looking ahead, our strong financial base allows us time to take a measured and diligent approach to determining the club's direction beyond our move to Emirates Stadium and into the next phase of growth."

Source: *www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/26/arsenal-financial-figures

Top Bottom