• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baker

Albicelestes
well am little confused with away goal rule...
if pool won by 4-3 , can they get through since they scored more away goals..?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if liverpool won by 4-3, the aggregate would've been 5-6 and chelsea wins on goal aggregate.

if liverpool won by 5-3, aggregate would've been 6-6 and since liverpool scored more away goals (5 versus 3), they would've won.

Baker

Albicelestes
if liverpool won by 4-3, the aggregate would've been 5-6 and chelsea wins on goal aggregate.

if liverpool won by 5-3, aggregate would've been 6-6 and since liverpool scored more away goals (5 versus 3), they would've won.
but in that case Liverpool scored 4 away goals.. right Chelsea scored only 3 , so this advantage for liverpool na :!:

ps:away goal rule will only applicable if the aggregate is equal...?

B

bashphoenux

what a match ....... what a match....

hats off to liverpool for their attitude..

anyway it is chelsea vs barca , hope we can getthrogh that also
well hope Chelsea makes it through to finals .. but then barca is a very strong team ... and given the current cech form after yesterday they may like even score 6 goals ..... they dont miss out on oppurtunities much !! .. Chelsea need alot of work to be done in the 2 weeks to come for their encounter against Barca !!
I am hoping Chelsea somehow make the Champions trophy this time
Go Blues GO !!!

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Did anyone see the PFA award nominees?
Player of the Year:

Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)

Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Edwin Van der Sar (Manchester United)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Young Player of the Year:

Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Stephen Ireland (Manchester City)

Jonny Evans (Manchester United)

Rafael Da Silva (Manchester United)
:rolleyes:
Giggs?Rafael?Lampard and RVP not being there is a joke.Ronaldo has been off form since Euros.Even ManU fans admit that Vidic babysits Ferdinand.
Rafael over Nasri,oh ffs :rolleyes:
Gerrard,the only non manUre player should win this.He deserves it the most

abyss88

Broken In
Cole got a yellow coz Arbeloa could not prise the ball away from Cole and in the tussle he reacted as if he'd been kicked in the face. :|

Check out the replay of the incident if it's somewhere on YouTube.

there is a slight misunderstanding....i was talking about marquez.not a.cole...(i thought arsenal_gunners was talking about marquez....i read the post again this afternoon and he had written A.HOLE..i misunderstood it for marquez..) and the confusion started...:neutral:
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
well hope Chelsea makes it through to finals .. but then barca is a very strong team ... and given the current cech form after yesterday they may like even score 6 goals ..... they dont miss out on oppurtunities much !! .. Chelsea need alot of work to be done in the 2 weeks to come for their encounter against Barca !!
I am hoping Chelsea somehow make the Champions trophy this time
Go Blues GO !!!
:rolleyes::-D

Last edited:
B

bashphoenux

totally agree with arsenal_gunners .. gerrard should get it !!
is it player of the year or player of MANU ???? damn .. nomination itself sucks

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Giggs?Rafael?Lampard and RVP not being there is a joke.Ronaldo has been off form since Euros.Even ManU fans admit that Vidic babysits Ferdinand.

Yeah, I read it yesterday. Totally ridiculous. As it turns out, the nominations are made in FEBRUARY. This year's award is a joke.

Baker

Albicelestes
there is a slight misunderstanding....i was talking about marquez.not a.cole...(i thought arsenal_gunners was talking about marquez....i read the post again this afternoon and he had written A.HOLE..i misunderstood it for marquez..) and the confusion started...:neutral:
Posted again:

:rolleyes::-D

still i didnt understand why pep played messi and etoo 90 minutes even tough scoreline was 1-1 ...
i thing they deserve some rest....

Rahim

Married!
Hats off to Liverpool and they would bow out with their heads held high.
That PFA award nominees is a crude joke on the intelligence of fans. How come Giggs or Ragael feature in that list?

niaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :))
I couldnt see the match. Got up at 6 AM and watched the highlights as I brushed my teeth :D

Credit to Liverpool, I must say. Though I'm an ardent Chelsea fan, I have to agree that it just wasnt Liverpool's day. They put up a brilliant effort, once again cancelled out by the exceptional Lampard (I had almost gulped down the tooth-paste when I saw his header hit the goal-post :|)

Anywho, Camp Nou here we come :twisted:

I am tired of Reina's mistakes. Though it went unnoticed but he has a stinker of a game against United at OT as well. Though we played well enough to cover his mistakes, but this mistake by Reina was indeed a costly one.
Not only that his mistake at Athens 2007 also let Inzaghi score the 2nd for Milan as well.
Anyway we scared a HELL outta the Chavs, at least.
Hopefully Barca knock these Blue Scum out.

GO BARCA..... :razz:

Hopefully we will be back with a bang in CL 2009-10 with a keeper who is not a big match bottler.

Anyway all focus to the Premiership now.

We'll see about Barca. I just hope our defence can cope with Eto'o, Messi and Henry at once.
If you have noticed (and I think you have), most spanish clubs are extremely swift in attacking/counter-attacking football, while english clubs rely on build-up play.
The former is great for attacking, while the latter provides for enough time for defence (IMO)
It will be interesting to see how both clubs will manage. :D

And I agree with you that Reina is not a good goalkeeper. :wink:
Can't wait for Saturday,even more so than Villarreal.
What? is it Chelsea V Arsenal?

B

bashphoenux

well yesterday both sides missed on couple of chances ..the drogba's pass to Ballack should have been taken a bit more better by ballack,
liverpool missed many chances where in it could have been goal especially with cech coming way out ....
but then that its undersandable that liverpool were tired and also goes to say that Chelsea had some good defense at times like that
but then yeserday 2nd half was a roller coast ride ... well played by both teams

B

bashphoenux

hope porto ruin the dreams of manu entering into the semi's ....would love to see the look on their faces if they loose tonight !!
then villareal vs Arsenal well i dont know ..dont mind eiher team coming into the semi's :D

abyss88

Broken In
still i didnt understand why pep played messi and etoo 90 minutes even tough scoreline was 1-1 ...
i thing they deserve some rest....

it may be to test their fitness...they are young..that shouldnt be a problem;-)...there is another good news from camp nou that the 12th player who was missed yesterday's match will play a vital role in the match against chelsea..i'm talking about pep guardiola

(i find one similarity between pep and sir alex..whenever their team scores goals,they react like a kid who has never seen a goal before:-D)

Baker

Albicelestes
it may be to test their fitness...they are young..that shouldnt be a problem;-)...there is another good news from camp nou that the 12th player who was missed yesterday's match will play a vital role in the match against chelsea..i'm talking about pep guardiola

(i find one similarity between pep and sir alex..whenever their team scores goals,they react like a kid who has never seen a goal before:-D)

anyway my favorite player messi is playing against my favorite team...

lets see how pep changes his tactics against fast counterattacking EPL tactics

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
To all Pool fans:

*www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=514058

:)
That article deserves a thumbs up. But then, I've kinda enjoyed watching the friendly scrimmages that have been going on in this thread. :D

Yeah it's just a big joke. First of all, the nomination being done in February is just ridiculous. A lot can happen between then and the end of the season. And the nominations just aren't right. Ferdinand? Shite! IMO Ashley Young deserves the young player of the year award. Gerrard deserves the player of the year award.

Top Bottom