• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krow

Crowman
Chelsea is defensive squad. No wonder it didn't work out with AVB. The players' best bet was to defend and get a goal or two on the counter.

I think the Napoli game was the toughest. Credit to them for winning 4-1.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ That's more like it.

Mata is our only source of any creativity. We are loaded with defensive midfielders - Essien, Mikel, Romeu - and goalscoring ones - Lampard, Meireles, Ramires. But there is no player we can rely on to keep the ball and circulate it. I expect that to be addressed this summer. We already have a few coming in, stepping up from the reserves and coming back from loans - Kakuta, De Bruyne, Marin, Swift, Piazon, Davila etc. All young and hungry. If we can get someone like Modric, we'll be set for a new era.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/roguestriker/musicalchairs.jpg

:lol:

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
After a certain level of spending by the competition you can't win no matter how good the management is.For that reason I have developed respect for Ferguson,even though he has spent big on occasion but Utd. make sh1tloads of money.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ Much bigger clubs are up to their necks in debt. What's more dangerous? Losses of 50M or debts of 500+M?

Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, to name a few.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Losses of 50m accumulate in a huge sum over the years.You would have been 800 million in debt if you played by the rules of a business.But you can enter a cheat code and all the debt is gone...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Rules of the business? Last time I checked, takeover of another business is well within the rules. And when that happens, the new owner is entitled to run the business the way he likes. To whip it into shape, the first thing is to clear the debt. We might have done a Leeds if not for the Russian revolution.

The Glazers did the opposite. They bought a money-making venture, used it to obtain loans and saddled all the debt onto the club. That's one way to run it. Or you could look at Portsmouth.

Even Arsenal has a majority shareholder, I hear? Silent Stan? Maybe you've heard of how the board is lining up its pockets with the revenue generated by the club without actually putting anything back into it. Or maybe you've also heard of Wenger bemoaning the lack of funds, saying that if he had money he would gladly spend it?

Fact is, we broke the duopoly in the English game. We didn't tell the Arses to go and build a new stadium and divert all funds towards repayment.

Cheeskisteakskijimmyski and boom! You get $1,000,000,000!

Goddammit!!! Must install Age of Empires II as soon as I get back home today. :D

Krow

Crowman
I wonder what will happen to Arsenal if Usmanov gets 30% shares and takes a place on the board. Will anyone be able to stop him from bankrolling the club?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ And if that happens, would you still run home crying that the other rich kids got new toys and you didn't? Would Arsenal refuse the investment on 'moral grounds'? No one in their right mind would do that. So why crib coz it happened to us and not to you, eh?

Krow

Crowman
Too many ifs in that. Besides mine was a hypothetical question. Stan Kroenke would not allow bankrolling I'm guessing.

The problem with sugar daddies is that once they are in trouble, the club is doomed. Chelsea should have own income to fall back on in case Abramovich goes bankrupt. Footballing revenue is low, player fees, wages are high. What sense does that make?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ That is what the club is trying to achieve. That is what Kenyon kept blabbering about all the time - breakeven. The firing of managers every other year is the only thing that is keeping us from achieving that. A lot of high-earners will be leaving now anyways, so we'll be in good stead if we can manage the transition with a capable manager for 3-4 years.

And that is also why we're trying to get a new stadium of 55K+ capacity.

Top Bottom