• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
"Jose Mourinho will raid his former club Chelsea to sign Frank Lampard, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba when he is confirmed as Inter Milan boss. (The Sun, The Independent)"

"Cardiff City have rejected offers from Arsenal and Liverpool for highly-rated teenage midfielder Aaron Ramsey. (The Guardian)"

these are from *news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7424960.stm

now that grant is out, i see no reason y c'valho, lampard n drogba will go to inter. however there r rumors that Deco will sign with chelsea. kaka will leave italian football due to the violence involved. i believe chelsea have wat it takes to sign him. if we do sign two of the above, then lampard can leave. but will lampard really leave? will the chelsea fan favourite do a flamini?

cardiff have rejected offers from ars and liv'pool for ramsey. so now that leaves man utd and chelsea. i hope he comes to chelsea.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Amauri moves to Juventus from Palermo

Juventus have confirmed the arrival of Brazilian striker Amauri with Antonio Nocerino moving to Palermo.

It has been one of the longest ever transfer sagas in Calcio history but it has finally come to an end today as the club released a statement confirming the deal.

The communiqué reads:

“Turin, 30th May 2008 Juventus Football Club S.P.A. would like to communicate the following agreements with U.S Citta Di Palermo S.P.A.

- The purchase of Carvalho de Olieira Amauri on a permanent basis for €22.8m which will be paid in three annual instalments.

-Juventus and the player have agreed and signed four year deal

* Antonio Nocerino has been sold to Palermo for €7.5m and this will be paid by three yearly instalments.

- Palermo will also co-own Davide Lanzafame.

Amauri is officially a Juventus player after he signed a four year deal at the Vinovo training ground on Friday afternoon worth €3.5m per season plus €250,000 in bonuses.”

The Bianconeri will be hoping Amauri continues his good form as they look to mount a serious challenge both in Serie A and in Europe.

*goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=716924

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
hi guys.. i'm back after a long busy year..

Amauri will be a good buy for juve & the new wigan crest isnt as good as the old one.

Vyasram

The pWnster
**** Sepp Blatter

FIFA members overwhelmingly support objectives of '6+5" rule

11 hours ago

SYDNEY, Australia — Soccer's world governing body FIFA overwhelmingly approved the introduction of foreign-player restrictions Saturday, setting the stage for a legal fight with powerful European leagues and clubs.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter was bullish about the chances of a "6+5" rule being implemented. The rule would force clubs to have at least six players in the starting lineup who were eligible to play for the national team of the country their club was based in.

The European Union and England's powerful Premier League responded immediately to Friday's vote at the 58th FIFA Congress by saying the rule contravened EU law on freedom of movement for workers, and would not withstand legal challenge.

Blatter had long championed the rule to prevent the drain of players away from Africa and Latin America, aid player development, protect the national identity of clubs, and slow the growing imbalance between leagues.

His argument was backed by German legend Franz Beckenbauer and former France great Michel Platini, two of Europe's most powerful soccer politicians who said they would work to implement the rule.

The proposal was supported by 155 delegates, with five against and 40 abstaining. Despite overwhelming support for the objectives of the rule, few of FIFA's European delegates expect it to be implemented without a fight.

Blatter proposed a stepped introduction, with a 4+7 rule in place by 2010, 5+6 in 2011 and the 6+5 in 2012, giving clubs time to adjust their player contracts and rosters.

Since the Bosman ruling in 1995, which classified players as workers, the European Union has prohibited restrictions on the free movement of players within the EU.

"If you look at the workers in general, you have two per cent (of workers from other EU countries) for the general population in the 27 EU nations, but 43 per cent for the footballers," Blatter said. "Footballers should be known by some other identity, not simply as workers.

"When trying to introduce such a solution, naturally we shall not forget we're living in a world where we have to face national and international law. It's not our intention, and has never been, just to go into confrontation with our governmental authorities.

"The European Union is an economic and political power with 27 members and 30 (soccer) associations - 15 per cent of the total of the FIFA family. Shall they make the rules for all the others? This is political interference. We should not be afraid to intervene."

EU spokeswoman Pia Ahrenkilde Hansen said Friday the EU's position had not changed and it stood by a warning it issued to FIFA earlier this week.

Vladimir Spidla, the EU commissioner in charge of labour issues said Wednesday the European Commission would give "a red card to the "6+5" rule" because it violated employment laws.

If implemented, FIFA or UEFA could face legal action at the EU's Court of Justice in Luxembourg.

England's Football Association chief executive Brian Barwick was also standing by the EU law.

"Certainly we can understand the general principle of further exploration, but we're keen exponents of things staying within domestic and international law," Barwick said. "Any initiative of its type would have to fit that criteria for us."

"We're still great believers in the meritocracy, that players should be on the team on performance and ability first and foremost."

England was among the countries expected to fight the Blatter proposal, as the rise of the Premier League to dominance on and off the field was largely fuelled by foreign players.

The Premier League issued a statement after the FIFA Congress vote, saying the "6+5" rule would not be able to defy EU law.

"EU official spokespeople have repeatedly said that a nationality-based player quota system would be unlawful within the European Union," the statement said.

"They have also stated that any form of gentleman's agreement to achieve this objective would be instantly challengeable.

"We want to see the greatest possible number of England-qualified players coming through in the Premier League, but this has to be based on merit and quality, and there is no doubting that foreign talent has aided the technical development of the English game."

UEFA chief Platini was more enthusiastic, saying his confederation would work to implement the "objectives" of "6+5". UEFA had proposed alternative quotas based on where players were developed rather than their nationality - proposals that would adhere to EU employment law.

"The '6+5' rule is a European rule first and foremost ... it concerns the European leagues, the European Court, the European Parliament ..." he said. "That puts European football at risk.

"I fully share both the philosophy and objectives of the 6+5 rule - it would be an excellent thing for football and the identity of national teams. For Europe, it's not a comfortable position, but we'll do everything we can to assist the FIFA president reach this objective."

In other decisions, the Congress formally accepted the revised World Anti-Doping Agency drug code and changes to the qualifying criteria for players switching nationalities, defined its principles of promotion and relegation in national leagues to ensure it is based on sporting and not financial merits, approved a revised budget for 2007-2010 period, and agreed to hold next year's Congress in the Bahamas.

*canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g9FHuhEFaWxqTIVO1z6U8UKw_bWQ

Other crazy ideas of this hazardous man:

*www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/05/30/3pm-the-continuing-madness-of-sepp-blatter-89520-20343197/

I wonder why the G14 disbanded last year! Anyway, I hope that the EU stops this idiocy or else England and Spain are doomed and more significantly, it would enormously rise the already souped-up prices of English players.

EDUARDO TO RETURN IN LATE JULY!

*www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3630751,00.html
*video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Espo...+ATACANTE+DO+ARSENAL+EDUARDO+DA+SILVA,00.html

Eduardo for the golden boot 08-09 :p

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Welcome bro~~~
As fo the crest Who Cares?

thanx man :D ... & do i know u i.e. have u changed ur username?

abt the wigan crest : i was just giving my opinion :p

Blatter's ideas have been bad before but this 6+5 rule is an idea i like.
Though this is not going to hold in EU courts i would still like to see this law implemented.As clubs are loosing their national identity.. esp. english clubs like arsenal.
I wouldnt say we have to go 6+5 we could even go for 4 nationals +7 foreigners
This seems like a good compromise to me.

P.S.- I do agree that the price of not so good english players will rise exponentially if the quota system is applied.:D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Ryan Babel (NETHERLANDS) out of Euro 2008!!!

Ryan Babel has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament after tearing ankle ligaments in training today…

With just 10 days to go before the Dutch kick-off their last 16 campaign against World Cup holders Italy, Marco van Basten must now look for a replacement, as the Liverpool forward will certainly be sidelined for several weeks.

Babel was immediately taken to a hospital and a scan revealed the severity of the injury. The KNVB has confirmed that the 21-year-old international will play no further part in the European Championship. Despite his young age, the ex-Ajax man has 25 caps and five international goals under his belt, while also playing in all 12 of the Oranje qualifiers.

Under UEFA rules, Marco van Basten is allowed to name a replacement after a European governing body doctor has examined Babel to confirm the injury.

*goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=718156

Rahim

Married!
thanx man :D ... & do i know u i.e. have u changed ur username?
Nah you dont know me :D
Blatter alone cantdo anything about the proposal than just flab his gums. An idiot to the core. Why do people in such high post are noobs, really. There is one in USA and one in Europe :D This will never get support and 2011 is too far away.
Just imagime Wenger losing his hair when this rule is implemented. Just joking arsenal_gunners :D
No wonder Fergie wants to be out in 3 years :D
the fans are the ultimate king. the quality of football that we have grown with will be dream. i might switch to another sports, maybe tennis.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Zambrotta moves to AC Milan from Barcelona

Milan have finally captured Barcelona defender Gianluca Zambrotta after reaching a deal with the Blaugrana on Saturday night.

The club have announced the news following months of speculation linking the player with a move back to Italy.

Zambrotta is believed to have arrived on a three year deal from the Camp Nou side and reports in Italy claim Milan paid €8.5m for him. He will earn around €4m per season.

A statement on the club’s official website reads:

“It’s now official. Gianluca Zambrotta is now a Milan player.

“The defender is about to play in the European Championship with Italy and he leaves Barcelona to strengthen the Milan defence.”

Only hours ago, Galliani hinted that his side needed someone like Zambro and his wish has been granted. Zambrotta has always stated his desire to play for the Rossoneri in the past and he has given up Champions League football next season in order to return to Italy.

He will now be looking to partner former Azzurri team mate Alessandro Nesta in defence.

The Rossoneri have, so far, strengthened their midfield and their defence. All they need now is a goalkeeper and a decent striker.

*goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=718458

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
The Rossoneri have, so far, strengthened their midfield and their defence. All they need now is a goalkeeper and a decent striker.
^^wat abt a replacement for Kaka? Kaka WILL leave italy this transfer season and that will be their biggest loss. who can replace kaka??

Defensive midfielder Yaya Toure may be about to join Arsenal as part of the deal that takes £19m rated Alexander Hleb to Barcelona. (Daily Star)
*www.caughtoffside.com/tags/extra-time/transfer-rumours

this is one deal that im sure will work. yaya toure himself has said that he wants to play in premierleague with kolo. but i would like to know if arsenal fans here want yaya or hleb.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

dude where the hell have u been....???

had been preparing for those stupid engineering exams :D
that is why i had banned myself from the forum :p i.e. to save time i guess.
anyway im free now & im back.

IMO Milan will be able to persuade kaka to stay.. & if he is leaving then they must be already looking for a replacement

Hleb is a very good player & he will be a loss to arsenal but i guess yaya sweetens the deal..
but overall it is barca who will gain most from the deal

GIOVANI NEARS SPURS SWITCH

Giovani Dos Santos is reportedly on the verge of completing a move from Barcelona to Tottenham after a basic agreement was reached between all three parties.

The 19-year-old Mexico international could join the Premier League side as early as Monday according to Sport after Barca accepted a £6.2million bid.

That fee may rise to £8.6million depending on both Dos Santos and Spurs meeting specified targets during a four-year stay at White Hart Lane.

Dos Santos's father, Zizinho, admitted that his son is proud and excited by the thought of moving to such a prestigious club as he told Mexican daily paper, Record, that a deal was in the offing.

"Nothing has been finalised," he said. "But it is an honour that a club as important as Tottenham want to sign Giovani, but nothing can be said officially yet.

"The ambitious project that Tottenham have has excited Giovani and he just wants to go there and help the team in any way he can.

"It is obvious that leaving Barcelona is a risky decision, but with his qualities it appears that it could be the best option for him."

Spurs boss Juande Ramos was keen to land the starlet because he strongly believes that his pace, ability to break into the area and shooting ability make him perfect for the English game.

Although a deal has not been finalised, Dos Santos' agent, Pini Zahavi, and Barca's sporting vice-president, Marc Ingla, believe that there will be few problems in reaching an agreement.

Throughout the negotiations, Dos Santos - who is also wanted by Manchester City - has been undergoing treatment to recover from a an operation that he had on his ankle in the middle of May and is set to keep him out of action for another four weeks.

Source

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
alex fergie has said-
i would rather let ronaldo rot on the sidelines than sell him to r. madrid
i dont remember the exact source, i just read it somewere.

this statement by fergie really shocks me. how cud he say sumthing like that? this cud spark off an argument between ronnie and fergie. and if ron really stays next season, he wont b too happy abt it and it'll show in his performance. the whole team would feel rather uncomfortable. that wud cause the performances to dip. lettin ron go wud b a loss, yes but y keep a player who is unhappy? they cud sell him for big money and pry bentley or someone in. bentley is really good, he can assist the attack, provide accurate crosses, and take sum really good freekicks. he may not come close to ronaldo but as i mentioned above, if he is unhappy, it would b better for him to leave. the choice is in man utd's hands. i expect hullap to comment on this- he is "red devil for life".

ssk_the_gr8

Ronaldo is not going to leave. Glazers know that he has become too big a name to let go.Ronaldo will never be on the bench... He may be unhappy if he is not allowed to leave but he will play & he will play well. After all even he wants to win trophies & player of the year awards :D

Fergie was just telling madrid to back off by making this comment.

If ronaldo does "leave" it will be for the highest transfer fees ever paid for a player. i can bet on that. :D

City confirm Sven's departure

Manchester City have confirmed that Sven-Goran Eriksson has left the club by mutual consent less than 12 months after being appointed.

The former England manager guided the club to a top-half finish in the campaign just ended and led City on their post-season tour to the Far East even though it had been rumoured for several weeks that he was set to be axed.

Eriksson's future at the City of Manchester Stadium had been open to intense speculation after owner Thaksin Shinawatra revealed he was planning to review the management structure in place at the club following a disappointing second half to the Premier League season.

Several high-profile names, including that of recently sacked Chelsea boss Avram Grant, and Blackburn manager Mark Hughes have been linked with the post.

Eriksson has been linked with the managerial vacancy at his former club Benfica and also a job with the Mexico national side.

Eriksson told City's official website: "I have enjoyed my time at Manchester City very much indeed and, in particular, I would like to thank the fans, players and staff for their amazing support over the season.

"I wish the club, and everyone associated with it, much success in the coming years."

*www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-city-fc/news/219022/city_confirm_svens_departure.html

Hughes tipped for City job

Blackburn Rovers boss Mark Hughes is being linked with the managerial post at Manchester City, according to reports.

It is believed that City have made a formal approach to Blackburn for Hughes as they look to find a replacement for Sven Goran Eriksson who is expected to be officially sacked this week.

Reports suggest Rovers have reluctantly agreed to City's approach and all that remains is to agree a buy-out package with Blackburn.

*www.4thegame.com/club/blackburn-rovers-fc/news/219020/hughes_tipped_for_city_job.html

IMO if sven was given time he would have done well.. but who will make these eccentric billionaires understand football :mad:

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
IMO if sven was given time he would have done well.. but who will make these eccentric billionaires understand football :mad:
^^ u were spot on. mancity r an average FC and managers need more than one season to get adjusted to the team and start performing. thaksin shud have waited b4 takin a decision. after all city have ended up in a pretty OK league position. wat more can thaksin ask for? mayb he shud provide the manager wid more money to build a team.

i think i can see sven's face right now here it is- :(

ssk_the_gr8

though it was unfair to sven.. i think this will be a good opportunity for hughes to show his true potential

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Emre moves to Fenerbahce from Newcastle United

Newcastle United have confirmed reports that they have agreed to sell Turkish midfielder Emre to Fenerbahce.

On Saturday the Istanbul announced that the ex Inter star will be their first major signing of the summer, and now the claim has been substantiated by the selling club.

"Newcastle United can confirm they have agreed terms with Fenerbahce for the transfer of Emre," read a statement on the club's official website.

The former Galatasaray and Internazionale midfielder - signed for £3.8million from the Milan giants in July 2005 - never looked quite comfortable at Tyneside despite the fans immediately taking him to heart.

Emre, 28, is currently preparing for Turkey's Euro 2008 campaign, which will see them lock horns with the Czech Republic, Portugal and co-hosts Switzerland in Group A.

No terms of the deal have yet been released.

*goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=719525

OFFICIAL: Mourinho signs with Inter Milan

Mourinho will be in charge at Inter for the next three years the club have confirmed.

A statement on the club's official website reads:

"Jose Mourinho is now officially the new Inter coach.

Mourinho will be assisted by Rui Farias, Silvino and Andrei Villas Boas for his Nerazzurri project.

Mourinho's number two will be Giuseppe Baresi who was a youth team coach.

The new coach will be unveiled on Tuesday morning at 11:30 am at the Appiano Gentile training complex.

The Portuguese coach has signed a three year contract.

We would like to thank Roberto Mancini and all his staff for the success he achieved in four seasons as the coach.

FC Internazionale would like to welcome Jose Mourinho and his staff and we wish them well."

Mourinho will be hoping to bring in a few old faces from Chelsea as he begins his new career at the helm of the Italian champions.

Moratti will be keen on his new coach bringing him the Champions League. Mourinho's wages are not yet known but reports in Italy suggest he will earn around €9m per year.

*goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=720209

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
guys guys plz keep your post short. Just give external links and dont just copy/paste here the material, 2-3 lines are ok. I hope you understand, its making this thread look ugly and recently most i have seen is
Give your opinion and thats it.

ssk_the_gr8

k man im cool with it .. i'll just post links.. i thought it would be easier if i posted the news here :D people wouldnt have to visit the site :D

Top Bottom