~The Foodie Channel~

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Discuss anything and everything related to food , be it vegetarian or no vegetarian. Tell us about the best food you have tested , and also your recomendation on different restaurants you have visited. Be it a expensive hotel or a road side vendor.

I love mashroom masala a lot in veg.
I had visited mumbai a few years ago and there I tasted the best pav bhaji in my life. I have never got the same taste here in bangalore :( .

In non veg I love chicken tikka, kebabs and thangdi kebab and fish fry:))

My Recomendation
Fish Fry from Nandini Restaurant chain, Bangalore. They use spotted seer fish also called Anjal ( kannada ), Vanjinam ( tamil ) and some times king seer or king fish.

Food that I want to taste.
Im dying to have a taste of food from kerala. Any one knows about a good hotel which serves good kerala cuisines in Bangalore?

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Im a hardcore non-veggie and i prefer fish (Prons) and Chicken...
well,, the bestest tea i tasted in my life was in ooty,,,, they call it "kunnoor ki chai"

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
pure veggie guys pure veggie people tend not to have non-veg with me :D results in fight club :D

my recommendations: paneer tikka masala (not too spicy sauted panner and orangish gravy)

Pathik

Google Bot
Pure Veggie here.
Recommendations.
Paneer Tikka Masala
Veg Jalfrezi
Veg Kolhapuri
Veg Makhanwala

Pav Bhaji rocks too.
@charan where did u eat the Pav Bhaji?
In mumbai you can get the best Pav Bhaji @ Sardar's or at Amar.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@charan where did u eat the Pav Bhaji?
In mumbai you can get the best Pav Bhaji @ Sardar's or at Amar.
I dont remember , it was just a family tour to mumbai , the only thing I remember fresh is getting down the stairs of railway station and seeing hundreds of people cramped in the platform waiting for the local train to arrive :p. I had never seen so many people standing in a platform :D

iMav said:
@charan pav bhaji tastes different all over mumbai
ok next time I visit mumbai , you take me to different places to eat pav bhaji's :))

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont remember , it was just a family tour to mumbai , the only thing I remember fresh is getting down the stairs of railway station and seeing hundreds of people cramped in the platform waiting for the local train to arrive :p. I had never seen so many people standing in a platform :D
hehe.
BTW vada pav fans, try out the Cholle vada pav by Jumbo King. It is too good. Wash it down with some Lassi.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Pure non-veggie alert!

Oh man... especially this chinese dish called sesame fried chicken.

Foodies! watch this show on Travel&Living called Hell's Kitchen! It is the most awesome foodie show.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Me too Pure Veggie. Some thing interesting happened yesterday...Made Chapati for the first Time

@Charan -
If you're in Chennai, go to Gangotri (Cathedral Road), the best place to chat items in the town.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Veggie here

Gobhi Munchurian
Matar Paneer
Palak Paneer
Mysoor Masala Dosa
Mushroom
Broccoli

Fast Food:
Kulche (J & K)
Pav Bhaji
Paani Poori
Bhel Poori

Dont like:
Burger King Burger (yuck)
Cheese Pizza

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
Another pure veggie here... BTW my list of favorite dishes is quite long.. :D :D Includes most of the items mentioned above..
I just love any stuff made with capsicum..! :D
And puli sadham (tamarind rice), all podi sadhams (paruppu podi, curry leaf podi, coconut podi, etc..) that my mom makes..!
And pudina thogayal... mouthwatering

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
another favs of mine are:

rajma and the yellow thick spicy curry (especially home cooked)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Another pure veggie here... BTW my list of favorite dishes is quite long.. :D :D Includes most of the items mentioned above..
I just love any stuff made with capsicum..! :D
And puli sadham (tamarind rice), all podi sadhams (paruppu podi, curry leaf podi, coconut podi, etc..) that my mom makes..!
And pudina thogayal... mouthwatering
I havent even heard abt them...lol

R these easily available or should u courier me them one by one:D

another favs of mine are:

rajma and the yellow thick spicy curry (especially home cooked)
+1 for Rajmah and curry

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My favourite: Makke di Roti Sarso da Saag
khaakar mazaa aa jaata hai.......and I have just eaten this :D
Other favourites include Rice with every type of pulses (chhole, dal (every type, rajma, lobhiya, soyabean).

But I'm not a veggie. I love Butter Chicken more than anything else.

prasad_den

Padawan
I havent even heard abt them...lol

R these easily available or should u courier me them one by one:D

+1 for Rajmah and curry
Ask any of your friend from AP... you'll know..!! :) If not posssible, visit an Andhra mess or hotel.. you should taste these at least once. you'll know what I'm talking about..!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ask any of your friend from AP... you'll know..!! :) If not posssible, visit an Andhra mess or hotel.. you should taste these at least once. you'll know what I'm talking about..!
yeah sure, will try them out :D Thanks for the desserts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom