The Evil Within (Project Zwei by Bethesda)

heidi2521

Padawan
*saw the trailer* OKAY I'M GONNA STAY THE F AWAY FROM THIS GAME :-?

Don't be so hasty to judge. This is an early trailer and early images so it is probably full of bullshots and probably overstates the scariness of the game.

Remember Dead Island's first trailer? The end game turned out pretty bleh compared to that. (9/10 trailer vs 6/10 game).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I want to see even gorier, cruder and baser horror games than what Project Zwei seems to be turning out to be :D

cyborg47

Technomancer
Why man?? :confused:

You didn't like it?:)

Don't be so hasty to judge. This is an early trailer and early images so it is probably full of bullshots and probably overstates the scariness of the game.

Remember Dead Island's first trailer? The end game turned out pretty bleh compared to that. (9/10 trailer vs 6/10 game).

Dude..I'ts scary as fck, that hand in the beginning!!!! I literally threw my head phones on the table and closed the page. I wasn't talking about the quality, I'm sure it will be great. But horror has never been my thing.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hahahaa :lol:

Anyway, her's some more info:

The Evil Within story, key features detailed

The name of the protagonist is "Sebastian" and he's a detective.

snap

Lurker
Dude..I'ts scary as fck, that hand in the beginning!!!! I literally threw my head phones on the table and closed the page. I wasn't talking about the quality, I'm sure it will be great. But horror has never been my thing.

yep me to never liked horror games:p

heidi2521

Padawan

These pull of horror much better IMO.

cyborg47

Technomancer
The Official Wallpaper itself is more than creepy. :p

I had a very bad feeling right when I saw the little trailer on Vine. But the hand was really unexpected, I mean I was expecting something out of the hole, but it was timed very well with the perfect sound. I'm not gonna play this, but I believe this will definitely redefine horror in video games, it doesn't look anything like what has come before, you know, the traditional horror stuff. And the bloody four armed lady was suuuuuper creeepy!!!!

Also hoping people don't go psycho playing this stuff, keep calm fellows.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah **** happens. :D:D Its strange though, I can't watch Horror movies, they give me nightmares but for games I am OK. I can even play a horror game in night with Headphones o without any problem, though sometimes it does gives some problems. F.E.A.R's Alma scared the $hot out of me when I first encountered her in the first game.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So long I thought that Amnesia was the scariest game that I ever saw (or played), looks like this will be more than that.

Considering that this is coming out in 2014, I don't think gameplay videos will be out anytime soon. I am eagerly anticipating it though.

heidi2521

Padawan
Apparently they aren't screenshots but concept art. It uses a screenshot from The WarZ in it too.

*i.imgur.com/L4IpySx.jpg

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
These pull of horror much better IMO.

Amnesia is in a different league as it presents horror in a whole different fashion. They have literally redefined the meaning of survival in their games.
They basically take the ability to fight , out of the equation leading into evasive strategy only. This aspect amplifies the horror quotient in their games ten fold.

Amnesia: Dark Decent is the most terrifying game that I've ever played. The creepy environment design and the inability to fight back against those hideous monsters,
is what makes the game one hell of a horror title. This is the only game i couldn't play in the night alone with headphones on. Besides, the game also brings complexity into the picture
in the form of puzzles, traps and non-linear progressive game play. I also got lost in the game world a lot of times and had to take help of a strategy guide.

Amnesia : A Machine For Pigs should be a must play for all horror fans, of course including "The Evil Within".

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah true that Amnesia is one hell of a series. If you think Dead Space and F.E.A.R are monkey business to you then you should definitely play it. :)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Pyramid head replaced by safe head :lol:

Good live trailer for a game.

Even I was wondering that it looked a lot like a Silent Hill rip-off. But the monsters are somewhat more grotesque like that lady with multiple arms.

OP updated with trailer for those who have not seen it and other new content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom