The Cyclist thread

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hey, nice thread...Actually I like cycling a lot and was looking to buy a new cycle. My motive is workout and obviously it should look good...any suggestion guys?
Hero Octane, maybe? Check it in the nearest store.. its really nice ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I Love cycling. And what I mean is that, I REALLY love cycling. To watch it reach to great speeds with just the muscle power is Amazing.

I used to have a Hero Devil cycle when I was in school. In 2 years, it got stolen. (That is an altogether different story.)
Never bought cycle after that.

Now, I am doing a job. And wish to travel 10 kms to office with a bicycle. But no one in my office comes Cycling! :(

Gollum

Collector
i'm 25 and still love my cycle

dop: 2001

model/make: hero ranger swing 15 gear version, second model with shimano revo grip shift.

i used to peddle 14kms every morning during high school. oh i'm from jk so retain is ideal for cycles. the road goes up, and down, up, and down lol.

i love this bike because it helped me get rid of my asthma.

my bike is in mint condish. just removed the front brakes and mud guards for weight reduction.

Gollum

Collector
um, regular bikes come with 21 gears.
o oh they are divided in three speed settings.
, low, medium, high. seven gears for each.

i'm my case, 5 for each.

all you need to do is take good care of your chain and inspect before each loooong bike ride.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Correct Thread found!!.

I was looking for a bike. Want to ride the bike every morning to get back into shape. Last time I rode a cycle was about 13 years ago :D. Any suggestions?

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Correct Thread found!!.

I was looking for a bike. Want to ride the bike every morning to get back into shape. Last time I rode a cycle was about 13 years ago :D. Any suggestions?
*www.herocycles.com/images/hawk-nu-age.jpg
Hero hawk..?
Its a great cycle, has no gears or shock absorbers, and this makes the cycle's weight low.. :) Not sure about the price, but this is around 4-5k.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Some nice cycles I came across in Hypercity. :)

*i.imgur.com/DJouG.jpg

*i.imgur.com/tdbFZ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/wpjWb.jpg

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Year of purchase: 2007, maybe
Reason of purchase: no particular reason, but i use it now to travel in my college campus which is quite large.
Company name: Hercules (Turbodrive)

Facing puncture problems nowadays as there are no good cycle repair shops near. Still, i love it. :)

RBX

In the zone
I had a cycle when I was in school; it had tubeless tires and was almost impossible for anyone else to ride :p

On a friend's bike -
*i.imgur.com/sJO4E.jpg
with my helmet :p

Edit: My mom sold my cycle for 250 bucks :(

rsk11584

Journeyman
i had a hero bike dont remember the name but very famous bike model it was somewhat around 1750 Rs in 1996 it was a ranger model , used it regularly till 2004 and then sold it now repent ;( since 2004 i am driving two wheelers and now have to reduce weight ;( thinking of buying cycle but as we live in flat have to bring cycle up every time to 1 st floor,,

Top Bottom