The Cyclist thread

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I saw a lot of cyclists here so I decided to make this thread for all cyclists and cycle-related discussion :-D

Post your cycle details too, here's the template:
Year of purchase:
Reason of purchase:
Company name:
Anything special:
Your rating(0-10):
Price:
Pics(optional):

Here is my cycle too:
Year of purchase: 2010, around dusshera
Reason of purchase: My previous cycle was stolen.
Company name: Suncross
Anything special: Front disc:cool:, 21 Gear combinations, great looks :D
Your rating(0-10): 8
Price:Rs. 6500
Pics:
Sorry for the quality, I am not a great photographer.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00241.JPG
The cycle is not cleaned and the tire is flat currently.. I will get it repaired when exams are over :))

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00235.JPG
Front disc brakes.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00236.JPG

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00237.JPG
total 21 gear combinations(3 front, 7 rear)

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00238.JPG
Indicators... Really useful in night.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00239.JPG
The "suncross" logo.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/Cycle/DSC00240.JPG
The seat.. really comfortable..:))

I really enjoy its comfort and looks.. I cycle more than 2kms, 5 days a week and have no problems other than low air pressure etc.
I am not some professional cyclist, I ride it because I enjoy it.. plus I go to school by this(or by car, but then I return by rikshaw :|)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So you finally went for it!! :D Congos cycle man :)) :thumbs:
Nice cycle, damage? Never heard of that brand :|
Plus isn't the height of the seat too low? (Its ok if you're like 5" or so :p )
Does it has any horn? :p

PS- I'll post my cycle pics when i'll go to my home most probably in dusshehra. I haven't rode it from 5 yrs, after my 10th :( I really miss my cycling days :cry:

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^Thanks..
The cycle costed around 6500 rupees.. That brand is very famous in Delhi. Its not very reputed, but its well known brand.. Welcome to Suncross Bikes

The height of seat is not low for me, I am 5 foot 5 inch BTW :)) :))

It has no horn, but I dont really need one(unless I can fit car horn in cycle :lol:)

And lol, you are 5 years elder than me...
EDIT: no, according to your profile you are 8 years elder... :)) :))

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ Yep small bro :p :D

btw I'm 5"9' :D And haven't you seen those fancy horns fitted on handle with sparkling lights? They looked cool :p :))

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
nice bike nipun ! suncross is a reputed brand....

Year of purchase : 2011

Reason of purchase : commuting, trail-riding, have no motorbike, and find normal modes of commuting utterly passive and bland.

Company name : b'Twin

Anything special : the whole bike :grin: yeah, total VFM with components that usually come in costlier bikes....tough MTB....etc etc.

Your rating(0-10) : 7.9 (am very rough & stringent in giving ratings. so this could translate to an almost 9/10 normally)

Price : 17k

Pics :

*i.imgur.com/cBeIWl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Bm0Ahl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/TCehUl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/gwdtSl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/57ltzl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/1hWC2l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/XsC14l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/AojBsl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/h4KCyl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/2SnnLl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/LyM9ul.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9PqDQl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/XpSYxl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ySMQMl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/wDE9nl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/AKIBcl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ISbP6l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/B1uzyl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/k2rsPl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/GdAial.jpg
*i.imgur.com/iSWuTl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/eUtZxl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Wf7wml.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^Thats great cycle man!!

Was the head light there when you received it or you purchased it later?

mitraark

Decrepit
Ok , I am going to say something now , i just wanted to mention beforehand that it is just my opinion , i am not telling eveyrbody some fact or true story or something..

I have used 3 cycles in my life. 1st ,i learnt cycling on a Hero Jet 24" [ This one is very high , now they don;t make such high ones anymore ] It looked [ rather , was ] an old worn down cycle , and it was heavy as hell , but to be honest once you set the paddle in motion , moving ahead was very less work, just paddle once and rest , it was like the cycle was pushing itself on it own weight.

Then i got a Hero Street Racer

*www.herocycles.com/images/streetracer.jpg

It was light , very easy to paddle , but unfortunately it did not pack the inertia and had to be continuosly paddled to keep up in speed.

Then i got a Hero X-Sport

*www.bikepanthi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/hero-cycle-x-sport.jpg

This one is the most "Dashing" looking bike i have ever owned , and everyone in my colony was like , "Sahii bike hai be" ... but the truth is , all that glitters is not gold :( This bike was heavy owing to its bulky design , the shock absorber is more of a show than actual shock absorbing , the extra parts get loose on jerking , and its a pain maintaining the bike. Overall , a very frustrating experience.

So , for me , HERO JET is the best cycle . :)

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^Nice... 3rd cycle??

I also had a cycle like X-sport about 3 years ago, and it was as heavy as tank! Later I added gears:)?:) to it and never went above 3rd gear to maintain the lightness of cycle..

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ sujay - V-brakes are much better than disc brakes, unless you just want to ride trails in all mud & slush ! plus they are easily replaceable, and very easy to maintain. also, V-brakes give you a 'control' over your bike's momentum, whereas with discs, either you are running, or you just stop ! of some important things that one should try to avoid as much as possible in bikes that cost sub 20-30k, two of them are disc brakes and rear shocks.

yeah the seat becomes uncomfy when riding for long....see again you've reminded me something....hahahaha.......i've to get a gel-cover (for the seat) and a hand-rest pair for the bike....your username should be 'reminder.sujay' ;-)

@ mitraark - you're spot on with hero jet ! i know of a person who has covered the length of the country on this bike....for riding on tar, this cycle is one of the better ones of the lot !

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@ sujay -
yeah the seat becomes uncomfy when riding for long....see again you've reminded me something....hahahaha.......i've to get a gel-cover (for the seat) and a hand-rest for the bike....your username should be 'reminder.sujay' ;-)

hehe thnx man, you're always wc :)

saz

Journeyman
Hey, nice thread...Actually I like cycling a lot and was looking to buy a new cycle. My motive is workout and obviously it should look good...any suggestion guys?

Top Bottom