The CloudBook - Bye Bye EEE PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Not working with flock either,
I wonder if its coz of my office proxy.
Will try in the evening from home.

EDIT : It was the office proxy,Used thro a anyonymous proxy and it worked.

Regards,
ray

Last edited:
wow the black EEE looks good.(not the rest). I hope they give it at an attractively low price.(less than Rs. 14000). But I will still wait for the CloudBook and the NanoBook to make a final choice. I did see their site, and I participated in that slogan competition too. I only wish they roll out the * GB model for Rs. 15,000 max in India soon.

PS: lemme keep dreaming

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Dude,you are so into black or what?
The US price for the 4G EeePC is 350$ which comes around 14k,
Since they are launching specifically for india, i hope the taxes dont add too much.

P.S: Continue Dreaming ;)

Regards,
ray

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
USD 350 ??? I doubt it would about Rs. 19k without local TAX which may be just 4% VAT...

and if thats what we are looking at, personally i would happy to pay another extra 4k for the main stream notebook the compaq 702 :)

Choto Cheeta said:
USD 350 ??? I doubt it would about Rs. 19k without local TAX which may be just 4% VAT...

and if thats what we are looking at, personally i would happy to pay another extra 4k for the main stream notebook the compaq 702 :)
but what IF its 14k ? otherwise, if its 19-20k I will definitely go for that 702.

I heard that its(702) mobo supports some newer and better sub 10K mobile processors processors, is it true? Because, that means that @ 35 K, we can have a moderate to high end laptop by just building on the 702.

but still, the 701(the EEE PC model) is good at tha price.

But as I said before, I will wait for the NanoBook and the CloudBook and see if they can make it within 400 $ in India, as long as Dollar stays at max 40 Rs :lol:

A few comments:

infra_red_dude said:
That looks bit difficult. This won't run Vista in anyway. If it runs XP then MS has to support it, which I doubt MS would in the long run.
It can easily be made to run XP, because it has a very generic hardware configuration, and VIA will definitely support XP in their ULV processor range

pathicks said:
Guys, Do fill this Contest Form.
*eeepc.in/Contest.php
this looks like another boring marketing streatagy

rayraven said:
Continue Dreaming :wink:
thats what Abdul Kalam said :p

Choto Cheeta said:

and if thats what we are looking at, personally i would happy to pay another extra 4k for the main stream notebook the compaq 702 :smile:
Once again the Compaq 702 comming in the picture. Remember what I said about products like the iPhone, Aero, The Mercedes C Class, etc? The same applies to the EEE PC and perhaps the CloudBook. When something has lot of publicity, every move of it is monitored and exagerated in reviews. But often, the lesser known stuff like the Reva, the Compaq 702, Compiz, etc turn out to be better. Everyone was eagerly waiting for the new Rs. 10 Lakh Mercedes C Class with two seats to hit India, while they didn't bother about the new yet to come Reva with max speed of 125KMPH at the same cost per KM and higher acceleration, and similar cost. All websites talk of the EEE while forgetting the existance of the 702. People over did that ɓiʈcɦiɳɠ windows' aero and it was all over magazines and news papers. But when it was Compiz Fusion's turn to arrive, nobody showed a single sign of intrest.
This is the world we live in. Credit only goes to those who are popular enough. This is not intended as a flame, but still, ignorance and indifference are two feelings that when combined result in the destruction of humanity.

PS: On Topic: Did anyone hear about the two Indians, one from IISc, Bangalore and the other from IIT Chennai who each made designs for a low cost laptop for the central Govt? They said they could bring the cost down to 47$, and the Govt says if the patent royalities for the inventors are fixed, they might evenmake a 10$ laptop for Indian schools. This is old news from wikipedia, btw.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Had read that in wikipedia when i was researching on the EEEPC sometime back. It sounds crap. You dont even get a decent scientific calculator for $10 :D

pathiks said:
^^ Had read that in wikipedia when i was researching on the EEEPC sometime back. It sounds crap. You dont even get a decent scientific calculator for $10 :D
its not $10, its 500 rupees. Anything is possible in India when you talk about costs. In US, no one can beleive that you get a maid here for 500RsPM. Don't ever underestimate us.

But yes, you can expect something like a 200 MHz processor, 64 mb RAM, 1 GB HDD, a display resembling calculators, a gighly customised and minimalised linux, a very very simple GUI similar to the transcend T-Sonic 610 mp3 player I have, etc.

rayraven said:
Aaaargh!Didnt you find any other place to spam.You #%$$#^.

Reported.
That <snip>

Didn't he get a better place to spam?

Edit: Go easy dude. Cuss words included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom