The CloudBook - Bye Bye EEE PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

1. good habbit.
2. actually, its obay more in my own thread.
3. How? Its a linux based notebook, is it not?(don't take seriously)
4. what papers and what points?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
MetalheadGautham said:
^^

1. good habbit.
r u making comment !!!

2. actually, its obay more in my own thread.
forum is not personal.Its community..Anyway I dont want to teach U.Better any Mods will explain U.

3. How? Its a linux based notebook, is it not?(don't take seriously)
so what..........can't I wish to see its windows version ???

4. what papers and what points?
I am a Engineering student..and I dont need to tell you what points I am collecting

ravi_9793 said:
r u making comment !!!

forum is not personal.Its community..Anyway I dont want to teach U.Better any Mods will explain U.

so what..........can't I wish to see its windows version ???

I am a Engineering student..and I dont need to tell you what points I am collecting
2. Just a joke...
3. Ofcource you can. I was just joking again.(And I can't wait for the OSX version)
4. Chill down.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
MetalheadGautham said:
2. Just a joke...
3. Ofcource you can. I was just joking again.(And I can't wait for the OSX version)
4. Chill down.
I dont want to waste time with U..
I have paper next afternoon. Gud nite.

ravi_9793 said:
I dont want to waste time with U..
I have paper next afternoon. Gud nite.
then Best of Luck...

PS: On topic:

can anyone tell me the exact taxes applicable to imported electronics? The Import Duty and the VAT?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
$400, thats Rs. 16,000, and anything below 20,000 rupees is concidered a possible buy by most of us

Thought at RBI its 1 USD => Rs. 40 /- but still when a tech product is launched I see the price mentioned in USD becomes 52 times than USD... so i guess it would be around Rs. 21,000/- and may be some extra bucks as TAX...

now if the company has some india centric plans then may be we get the system at 15k or lower...

now it doesn then rather than Rs. 21000/- (may be + some TAX) for that system or a Compaq Presario C702TU Rs 24,000/- inc tax

Intel Celeron-M 530 @ 1.73GH,
Intel 960GL Express Chipset / 1MB L2 Cache / 533 Mhz FSB),
512 MB PC2-5300 DDR2 (667 MHz),
80 GB SATA -
8X Double Layer DVD +R/+RW Writer,
15.4" WideScreen (WXGA) with BrightView,
Free DOS, Wireless LAN / Express Card Slot,
carry Case,
One year warranty

??

MetalheadGautham said:
anything below 20,000 rupees is concidered a possible buy by most of us.

If you can afford a 20k notebook, will it be really difficult to afford another 4k to buy more main stream product like, Compaq Presario C702TU ??

MetalheadGautham said:
can anyone tell me the exact taxes applicable to imported electronics? The Import Duty and the VAT?

Not sure, as general terms says, it upto 210% :lol: lol: if the product is not available in india...

but last time when i received ZUNE I digg up some info... where i found, if you are receiving any item electronics (computer parts, notebook, MP3/MP4 players, or such) up to Rs. 10000/- (value caculated by customs, so they may calculate any thing :lol:) then free, any thing over 10k, means the extra ammount over 10k + 25%

Last edited:
thanks for the info cheeta! I will definitely look into this Compaq Presario C702TU if it exists.

And yea, the tax part is really pissing me off. Unless the government itself starts an electronics/computing company, I don't expect the taxes to go down. But still, Grey marlets to the rescue :lol:

I think this clears that lappy up:
*chennai.vivastreet.co.in/laptop-computers+chennai/compaq-presario-c702tu--price-25550-/1112494

hmm... that compaq lappy does look good, especially if we concider upgrading the ram and the processor. Even otherwise, it can comfortably run Ubutnu and function as a mainstream laptop :?

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@MetalheadGautham

MetalheadGautham said:
I will definitely look into this Compaq Presario C702TU if it exists.

Personally i always try to provide as thruthful and accurate information as possible...

in Kolkata with free gift and without bargain the price is Rs. 24000/- incl all tax, so I guess we can brgain a little more :lol: so I said 24000/- to safe, and are you from Chennai ??

look here then :lol:

*www.onlinestore.net.in/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=29780

MetalheadGautham said:
hmm... that compaq lappy does look good, especially if we concider upgrading the ram and the processor. Even otherwise, it can comfortably run Ubutnu and function as a mainstream laptop

Once again some personal thoughts... Processor upgrade is really costly as Compaq doesnt allow from factory... but why u need a procy upgrade ?? all linux distro will fly with 1.73 GHz Cel M procy..

those who plans vista all this Notebook needs is another 512 MB RAM, this one even comes with Intel GL960 (GMA x3100) so full compatibility with Vista :D

Intel GL 960

Last edited:
I am from bangalore, and I confirmed that laptop's existance from the website of HP-India.

I guess we need more exploration into the world of value laptops.

PS: what IS the most VFM laptop available? Be it of any config, I am asking the maximum VFM for what it offers.

wow... this is starting to look better now :D

Last edited:
Choto Cheeta said:
its really subjective question... as really depends on the need... :(
how? I am talking about the Rs. 1000 to Rs. 100000 range here. Simple laptops.

PS: I suppose an extra 512 mb stick for around Rs. 800 will make C702TU a powerbook, thanks to the dual channel config. And yes, Linux distros will perform well on this one, but only problem is compiling software. It requires a fast processor if you hate time lags. Multimedia Encoding is also a problem, but who wants all that in a laptop? I hope this has good power saving capabiities? I wish someone in this forum writes a review about it.(I am indirectly asking you a favour)

Edit: how about helping this guy while you are online, cheeta?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=696184#post696184

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
how? I am talking about the Rs. 1000 to Rs. 100000 range here. Simple laptops

All are in some way Value for money...

Compaq C702TU
Dell 1420
Dell 1720
Compaq 6608AU

they all serve different purpose and for some reason or not they are vaule for money with the config they come with...

Now refrese your question if possible, like, say one wants a Notebook for emailing / word processig, accounting !!!

Few weeks ago, Charan (one of the forum user here at ThinkDigit) sent me a scanned liflet where a Notebook were available with Via c3 processor (if I remember right) and 256MB ram and some 30 GB HDD at 19k or so (+ some TAX may be)...

so, thats not a bad deal either... however thats a Local deal... so roam in your computer alley :p see if you can find a local deal or not... !!!

Edit: how about helping this guy while you are online, cheeta?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show...184#post696184

reply posted..

thnx..

^^thanks cheeta. I was actually looking for VFM in a range where no other better but just slightly costlier lappys exist. I guess that makes the 25K lappy from compaq the winner.
but this has no info on the dell 1720:confused:

As pointed out in an earlier post by me, the reason lappys are costly is because they bundle windows, while many of us already have the OEM versions of Windows with us, and others don't need it at all. I wish companies like Dell start giving LinBooks and BlankBooks instead of forcing us to get M$ operating systems with each purchase.

getting back to the original topic, here is some more:

The EEE PC is sheduled to be released with a 10" screen in 2008 NOT!
There won't be a 10" version, and Asus has chosen against making one propably because of the Compaq C702TU mentioned by Choto Cheeta. The cost of a 10" EEE may even cross the C702TU's. That means that the CloudBook is definitely worth concidering if it comes at the expected 400$ even in India.:-?

Pathik

Google Bot
The Compaq c702tu
Acer aspire 4720z
Compaq dv6608au all are good vfm.
Lappy prices are at an all time low.
BTW i really hope that we get the EEE 4g or the cloudbook below 15k-16k.. as that is my only chance of geting a lappy.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Looks like we'll be getting only the 4G model.
*eeepc.in/Specification.php
Also,the site has an online order form,But only for companies.
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/2122604109_102bd4c458_o.png
Regards,
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom