The bet is on! Ubuntu vs. Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
gx_saurav said:
I was not talking about DRMed file. Even my normal WMA files don't play in Ubuntu 7.04, haven't tested 7.10
The problem lies in you ;)

I could play any type(non-protected) of file in my old Fedora 5 lol and still continue to do so on Werewolf.

Interesting thread ^^

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have 6 wmv files on my PC and can play it without a hitch using mplayer. And I'd give you a screenshot of the same too if it wasn't against the rules.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
kalpik said:
Heh.. Guys, i think its better if we leave the bet for those 2 people to handle. I posted this here as an FYI thread, not an FYA thread :p

Lol! Everyone know the intention of the thread :D FYI or FYA....who cares! Just need a good platform for wrestling in this fightclub.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
gx_saurav said:
I was not talking about DRMed file. Even my normal WMA files don't play in Ubuntu 7.04, haven't tested 7.10
Well i could play WMA/WMV on ubuntu since 6.10..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
indranilmaulik said:
i do programming in VB6 and VB.Net. so i need windows. linux looses here

yeah u cant live without windows, u r caged*farm3.static.flickr.com/2076/2106529395_26c0b427da_o.png

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
indranilmaulik said:
i do programming in VB6 and VB.Net. so i need windows. linux looses here
Welcome to the world of Mono ;)

I was just like you, thinking we cannot program on VB6 or VB.NET in Linux but mono came to the rescue ;)

I have to tell that full api support is not available but still I am impressed with mono :)

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
That thread is really amazing! I'm really glad that he didn't give up just like that. Many people would just want to win the laptop, fair or not. Atleast I would! :p :D This is guy is really cool. I really appreciate it. I hope my Windows fanboy friend was also like him :)

Siddhartha_t69

Journeyman
Though amateur, I'm damn interested in Open source and power to customize everything. But look at what i've recently forced to do. I totally rely on digit mag to give all the linux/open source materials, and how they pay for my loyalty? by giving me damaged disc and not replying to my inquiries. (Look at this months Ubuntu DVD, for example).
On the other hand Microsoft has recently offered me a membership at MSDNAA promising to give all the liscence to use their products free of cost(except OFFICE 07) and an MS-visual studio '05 CD for just one dollar. now what would I (or everyone else) do? Quite simple, Accept it. Now they're gonna keep me busy with more of their silly offerings and incouraging me to use only microsoft softwares, keeping me away from anything open source. I can't afford to decline their offerings and i know their major target is to brain drain taking our ideas and using them.

praka123

left this forum longback
you can ask in the sticky thread in Open Source Section for sharing CDs/DVD's provided u pay for the media and courier charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom