The best phone for 17k .

acidCow

Broken In
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
Capacitive Touch screen , Bigger than 3 inches.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony Ericsson / Samsung / HTC / Nokia

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Front facing camera , auto focus, flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G , WiFi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash, GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia, Gaming

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

TheLetterD

Will Power
Neo V!!!
Though Check out LG Optimus Black/2X (if you can extend ur budget around 2.5-3K)/Galaxy S too.
IF you get the SE Arc for around 19K thats a pretty sweet deal too.

aroraanant

Explorer
LG OP2X is available at letsbuy for 19k. Dual Core phone with great specs
Though Neo V is also a very good phone for 15.5-16.5k

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
iPhone 3GS

I'm a big fan of Apple and would love to get the iPhone. But iPhone 3GS is pretty outdated. And moreover it seems iOS 5 makes the phone start lagging? BTW Any news on the Refurbished iPhone 4 ???

How's the Optimus 2X?

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I'm a big fan of Apple and would love to get the iPhone. But iPhone 3GS is pretty outdated. And moreover it seems iOS 5 makes the phone start lagging? BTW Any news on the Refurbished iPhone 4 ???

How's the Optimus 2X?

I would strongly suggest you not to buy the over expensive 2 year old iphone..

It is a good phone but for the same price or even lower you can get far better phones.. get optimus 2x.. It has got huge dev support.. and will soon get ICS..

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm investing in a smartphone is also an investment in the apps, buying a smartphone without worrying about which apps you need and will use is a lil bit like buying a dslr and not worrying about lenses... so its best to factor in the cost of apps in your budget
Older models have two benefits, they still rock because the new ecosystems are designed to work on as many phones as possible, and often on many platforms, and the older models still outperform their newer updates on many counts, the Samsung Galaxy S for example prolly is better for audio than all other smartphones available atm, so the thing that is still kicking it for droids at that pricepoint is - the Defy - plus you get a few grands saved up for really kickass apps
and about the iphone 3GS - well, Jonathan Ive, the guy who designed all the iphones as well as the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S still uses the 3GS, if anything it is in fact much more stable than the iPhone 4, and though there will be a few apps that wont work on it, (there already are one or two), its gonna be supported for some time now, and there are still the best high quality options Apple changed the gameplan of phones getting "outdated"... so stop looking at older phones as junk sigh I have to reiterate this point in every thread lol

dont go by the vital stats of the phone anymore, you can have full 3D MMORPGs running on the SE Arc or the iPod 2G, the technology is soo good that it eclipses what console networks have been able to achieve, mobile apps are the first to connect iStore, BB, Android and PC into one ecosystem... so its really a matter of how well and compact the code is written, so this choice is about which ecosystem has better app makers, not which manufacturer makes better phones... some publishers like EA cant help but turn out massive apps, but there are tons of others who use the resources economically

if you absolutely must have a new budget droid then go for one of the new xperia ones, they got their sensibilities right this time around and the apps run smooth as butter

clmlbx

Technomancer

You can look out for refurbished Iphone 4 at 20K around. out of your budget but you are a fan.. :wink:

In your budget nothing beats Neov.. it alternative or say competitors in that range are galaxy s and galaxy SL .. only if your top most priority is Screen Size.. well difference is of Just 0.3 but still .. IMO NeoV is best..

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
You can look out for refurbished Iphone 4 at 20K around. out of your budget but you are a fan.. :wink:

In your budget nothing beats Neov.. it alternative or say competitors in that range are galaxy s and galaxy SL .. only if your top most priority is Screen Size.. well difference is of Just 0.3 but still .. IMO NeoV is best..
Yea But any idea where the refurbished iPhone 4's are selling??

Yea well I need to check the reviews of Optimus 2X. Specs look awesome!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
refrub 3GS 15k
any outlet with the iPhone phones usually have the cheaper refurbd option as well
there is nothing special about the 2x, not saying its a bad phone but at least the Defy is water resistant lol...

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
Okay guys, refurbished iPhones arent available near my place, so have to decide between the Neo V and Optimus 2X. Is dual core a noticable performance upgrade ?? And is it worth the few extra grand??

clmlbx

Technomancer
if u r crossing budget then optimus 2x is good choice..

you can get refurbished iphone from airtel and also from aircel, enquire their and see what is time of availability perhaps you can wait

I am not a fan of iphone so IMO optimus 2x is better

Sarath

iDota
3GS doesn't have the death grip and was the last good looking iPhone I know of.

For your budget look at Neo V

Top Bottom