The artwork thread

D

Deleted member 26636

My Latest Digital sketch.
DA Link Nature and we by ~Niku4186 on deviantART
*fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/056/2/2/nature_and_we_by_niku4186-d4qwkzl.jpg

that looks very good...you should join conceptart.org if you want to really improve your skills..

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
thanks everyone. gonna do something new this weekend. week days are just too exhaustive for me

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Did these like 18-19 years ago....! Oil on canvas.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/oil_canvas.jpg
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/oil_canvas_2.jpg

@Gollum:
Liked you sketches.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Whoa, looks like we have an artist mod amongst ourselves, nice paintings, stopped now?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Whoa, looks like we have an artist mod amongst ourselves, nice paintings, stopped now?
Yea, they are painful to do. Not that I hate it, I love painting, but it takes time and resources.

You need this:

1. A painting of that size needs an empty and dedicated room. Reason being: A lot of the paint gets splashed around. Oil point sticks were it settles, and has to be removed using petrol / turpintie / linsead oil. Place smells up too...!
2. It takes around 1-2 months to complete that. Cause the paint has to be left to dry, and then fresh layers applied on. 5-6 hours per day.
3. Oil paints are quite expensive. You need linseed oil / turpentine / oil paint also. Paint brushes, sables. Mixing boards. Canvas and spray paint to adhere the charcoal - which- is the outline.
4. Time and time.

these are very good... but 18- 19 yrs ago? you should do some now.. :)
See above. I sketch still.

By the way, regarding the 2nd painting: read this:
I have done more oils, but this is another one I had clicked. Am really happy I found the image. There is no way what so ever I will ever get to see this painting again in reality. It is in a house (I had gifted it) -and- we had a big family feud, so cannot enter the house anymore.

The deal here was: It was supposed to be hung up in a huge hall. So I made it in such a manner that it will look classic when seen from a distance. If you see it from a computer screen, does not look that good. Step like like 3-4 feet and then look at it. It will all gel in quite better. The oil paint was applied on really really dense, the huts were done using a scalpel painting knife, and the reflections of the boats had to be staged. I painted in the water till the edges of the boats, let the paint dry (takes ages); and overlay the reflection on top. Same with the foliage of the trees, which I induced using cloth dipped in oil paint+turpintine+linseed oil mix. Also as a rule for this painting: I never applied black or white as a direct stroke. I always mixed it in with semi-tone of something similar to what I wanted. A lot of tubes went into this, reason being that the color mixing and toning was done on the canvas. At some points, I was not satisfied, so had to let the paint dry and then scrape it off with a blade. Cannot wipe it off, cause it will smudge other correct areas. Progress was slow here.

This would again be 18-19 years of age.

By the way, someone asked about my Avatar, then deleted his post:
Theyyam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D

Deleted member 26636

Yea, they are painful to do. Not that I hate it, I love painting, but it takes time and resources.

You need this:

1. A painting of that size needs an empty and dedicated room. Reason being: A lot of the paint gets splashed around. Oil point sticks were it settles, and has to be removed using petrol / turpintie / linsead oil. Place smells up too...!
2. It takes around 1-2 months to complete that. Cause the paint has to be left to dry, and then fresh layers applied on. 5-6 hours per day.
3. Oil paints are quite expensive. You need linseed oil / turpentine / oil paint also. Paint brushes, sables. Mixing boards. Canvas and spray paint to adhere the charcoal - which- is the outline.
4. Time and time.

See above. I sketch still.

By the way, regarding the 2nd painting: read this:
I have done more oils, but this is another one I had clicked. Am really happy I found the image. There is no way what so ever I will ever get to see this painting again in reality. It is in a house (I had gifted it) -and- we had a big family feud, so cannot enter the house anymore.

The deal here was: It was supposed to be hung up in a huge hall. So I made it in such a manner that it will look classic when seen from a distance. If you see it from a computer screen, does not look that good. Step like like 3-4 feet and then look at it. It will all gel in quite better. The oil paint was applied on really really dense, the huts were done using a scalpel painting knife, and the reflections of the boats had to be staged. I painted in the water till the edges of the boats, let the paint dry (takes ages); and overlay the reflection on top. Same with the foliage of the trees, which I induced using cloth dipped in oil paint+turpintine+linseed oil mix. Also as a rule for this painting: I never applied black or white as a direct stroke. I always mixed it in with semi-tone of something similar to what I wanted. A lot of tubes went into this, reason being that the color mixing and toning was done on the canvas. At some points, I was not satisfied, so had to let the paint dry and then scrape it off with a blade. Cannot wipe it off, cause it will smudge other correct areas. Progress was slow here.

This would again be 18-19 years of age.

By the way, someone asked about my Avatar, then deleted his post:
Theyyam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah i know the challenges of painting in oil....but the joy of watching a painting come together is priceless...btw, if you already have traditional art skills, you should try painting in photoshop using an wacom...

D

Deleted member 26636

Its a tablet, uses a touchpanel, for drawing.

I think its called Bamboo Wacom Wacom Bamboo or something like that.

Wacom is a manufacturer, a brand- it has different models like bamboo, intuos & cintiq. Bamboo One is the cheapest & costs around rs. 2800/-

digibrush

digitalpainter
The Cintiq and Intuos for professionals. Intous4 is latest and price of smalest Intuos4 is around 12k+. Cintiq is more expensive, Cintiq Is an LCD Screen You Can Draw On it with pressure sensative pen.

Pen Tablet from Iball and frontech also available but wacom is the best.

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
@digi
a little behind on the updates. cintiq5 is out.
bamboo one pen small is 2.8k but you need medium size for any sketch.
i have the medium size one and it's 14" diagonally.

Top Bottom