The Alternative/Experimental Music Thread V1: Obscure Stuff

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi,

This thread is dedicated to all alternative/experimental music.

Genre's including but not limited to Shoegazing, Industrial, Noise, Mathcore/Math Rock, Drone, Art rock, Avant-Garde, electronic music, etc.

That being said, music not allowed here : Pop, Hip-hop, Bollywood, Remixes, dance, etc. you get the point. Hard Rock and Metal should be redirected to this thread.

Let the dehumanization begin.

Shoegazing :

Industrial :

Drone :

Electronic :

Comment, discuss and share your own.

Seanwood

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

This thread is dedicated to all alternative/experimental music.

Genre's including but not limited to Shoegazing, Industrial, Noise, Mathcore/Math Rock, Drone, Art rock, Avant-Garde, electronic music, etc.

That being said, music not allowed here : Pop, Hip-hop, Bollywood, Remixes, dance, etc. you get the point. Hard Rock and Metal should be redirected to

Let the dehumanization begin.

Shoegazing :

Industrial :

Comment, discuss and share your own.
Thanks for sharing these videos I really like your music choice.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Disturbed's vocalist David Draiman's new band 'Device' since Disturbed is in hiatus:rolleyes:
Disturbed Frontman David Draiman’s New Band, Device, Reveals Album Details, Including Guest Stars - Heavy Metal News | Music Videos |Golden Gods Awards | revolvermag.com
lets see how this one goes;)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, you need a little education then.

*i.imgur.com/JC9TCjp.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The main theme for the original Quake game. Some good quality Industrial by Nine Inch Nails...

And some Avant-garde jazz. This track has two quartet's of different musicians playing simultaneously on the left and right channel respectively.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The ShrutiBox - Caught in the Rain

Lindsey Stirling - Shadow

Andain - You once told me (Thanks to Faun for introducing to this group :) )

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Kraftwerk performed in shanmukananda hall, mumbai way back in the 1980s. That's the kind of venue frequented by Shivamani, Hariharan and Shankar Mahadevan... kind of weird.
just going with the flow here, have no clue what kind of songs... industrial, field recordings, dark ambient can all be very calm and soothing

experimental/ glitch/ noise

alternative rock/electronic

ambient

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Deftones' new album - Koi No Yokan Koi No Yokan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has been getting very good reviews.check it out guys,loving chino's vocals(sexy)!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Kraftwerk performed in shanmukananda hall, mumbai way back in the 1980s. That's the kind of venue frequented by Shivamani, Hariharan and Shankar Mahadevan... kind of weird.
just going with the flow here, have no clue what kind of songs... industrial, field recordings, dark ambient can all be very calm and soothing

I heard Kraftwerk when I was around 9-10 years old. My dad had a cassette of Man-Machine. That's why they are a special part of my life. I hear that their concerts have 3D light shows. Wish to see them live.

Industrial can be too abrasive to be considered calm and soothing for some people (not me). I like ambient/dark ambient though.

Here's a track from Eve Online :

Deftones' new album - Koi No Yokan Koi No Yokan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has been getting very good reviews.check it out guys,loving chino's vocals(sexy)!

I've never heard Deftones much or followed them. But My Own Summer is kick-ass. I've heard positive reviews of Koi No Yokan though.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I've never heard Deftones much or followed them. But My Own Summer is kick-ass. I've heard positive reviews of Koi No Yokan though.
My own summer is featured in the OST in Matrix..one of my favourite riffs..and the vocals have got a mystical vibe to it..i love it:)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Listening to Smashing Pumpkins...Not as much smashing as they claim as in the name..Kinda soft rock like RHCP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom