The $ 800 Mac !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Some Apple retailers in the United States have been given price lists for a new Apple laptop line, and there’s a big surprise: an $800 laptop. The information comes from a source we would categorize as reliable, would have access to such information, and who has been accurate in the past.

Read more..............

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Seems like Apple is trying to make an entry in the netbook segment where right now Linux & Microsoft are ruling with EEE PC etc but the most costly Netbook is already much cheaper then the cheapest Apple netbook (assuming it will come for $800)

Or maybe they are releasing a low cost, low power Macbook

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Now thats news. :D

But I'd want something a bit different.
Something having the following;

1. Intel Atom 1.6 GHz OR Dual core Atom. (Atom should be able to handle Mac OSX pretty well as it isnt as heavy as Windows Vista.)
2. 1GB RAM (A minimum for notebooks these days)
3. GMA X4500 Graphics at least.
4. 80 GB HDD (Again cheap enough and a minimum these days)
5. DVD ROM (Or writer; not much difference in price i guess?)(External will do)
6. 3 USB
7. WiFi b/g(do I have to say this? :p )

8. 10inch LCD @ 1024x600

Cost => 600-700 $

Ah! Ive wished such a laptop from Apple for so long. Even Cheap Macbooks have always been a bit expensive for me. :neutral:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
(Atom should be able to handle Mac OSX pretty well as it isnt as heavy as Windows Vista.)

Lol...who told U this? Source plz?

Which is also the recommended requirement for vista

GMA X4500 Graphics at least.

Even GMA X3000 is enough, although it seems they will use nVidia Chipset & Onboard GPU.

Size, power & Heat wise Flash Based HD is better.

This will restrict the size.

6. 3 USB
8. 10inch LCD @ 1024x600

I agree
Cost => 600-700 $

Forget it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Well, the 14th Octo event is the one that might see the launch of this. Join in if you got nothing better to do.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
It'll be decided if this thing really is worth it when the specs are announced. IMO, customized Dell laptops will be better performers.
But a mac for this cheap- now that's something!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, the 14th Octo event is the one that might see the launch of this. Join in if you got nothing better to do.

hmm...Although I have better things to do, but my boss is a Macman :D, so will have to join. If my work is good, I might be able to ask one for my personal use.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
gxsaurav said:
Lol...who told U this? Source plz?
You need source for that? Atom can even handle Vista. MacOSX is lighter.
Personal experience says that plain vanilla Macbook(my dad's colleague's) runs Mac OSX faster than a similarly configured Vista notebook. I'm talking about the 1099$ Macbook I had seen a few months ago on their website. Its got 1 GB RAM and a simple Core2Duo with Intel GMA X3100. And Vista seems to lag on my friends Dell Inspiron 1420.
Heck, even iPhone runs a cut-down MacOSX. You think it got a quad core inside with 4GB RAM? :p

And 1GB RAM is only on-paper recommended requirement for Vista. Vista just walks on 1 GB. Needs atleast 2 GB to run!

Now I aint bashing Vista. :p I like Vista and its definitely a good upgrade from XP apart its slightly high real-life system requirements. (On-Paper, MS could even have fixed 512MB as the recommended requirement and 256 MB as minimum for Vista. Does that make a difference?)

gxsaurav said:
Even GMA X3000 is enough, although it seems they will use nVidia Chipset & Onboard GPU.
I'd have liked an all-intel solution for this model. :neutral:

gxsaurav said:
Size, power & Heat wise Flash Based HD is better.
I dont need another of those b$ netbooks. I need a working MAC with enough disk space. 40 GB would also do but I dont think its available or VFM for manufacturers. :neutral:

gxsaurav said:
This will restrict the size.
Well, we have seen 10-12 inchers with ODDs I guess. :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Now thats news. :D

But I'd want something a bit different.
Something having the following;

1. Intel Atom 1.6 GHz OR Dual core Atom. (Atom should be able to handle Mac OSX pretty well as it isnt as heavy as Windows Vista.)
2. 1GB RAM (A minimum for notebooks these days)
3. GMA X4500 Graphics at least.
6. 3 USB

8. 10inch LCD @ 1024x600

Cost => 600-700 $

Ah! Ive wished such a laptop from Apple for so long. Even Cheap Macbooks have always been a bit expensive for me. :neutral:

AFAIK, INTEL announced no dual - core atom for notebooks:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom