cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Source

Time has come for kids to discard their heavy school bags for an SD card which can turn into a personal computer and yet fits in their small pockets.

Must Read
Al Qaeda confirms Osama bin Laden is dead, conspiracy theories debunked
Osama Bin Laden's Nemesis: Stealth, Google Maps, DNA, Biometrics and Twitter
Sponsorship Link
How to make money from gold investment

The device may soon end the decade-old search by the Miami-based One Laptop per Child Association (OLPC) for a personal computer for educational needs in many impoverished countries. The Raspberry Pi Foundation's device, which they hope to sell for $25, is much cheaper than India's $35 tablet that was unveiled last year by the country's telecommunications minister Kapil Sibal.

The Rspberry team, headed by David Braben, an expert in the field, is heading the team which hopes to sell the bare-bones device with features like 700MHz ARM11 processor, 128MB of RAM, and ports for video, removable media, and USB 2.0. Once connected to a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and wireless modem, one can begin surfing anywhere.

With a general purpose I/O slot that can be used for external camera, wireless peripherals, Tech Crunch says it was as good as any computer that was in use few years ago.
Just look at how small it is . Absolutely perfect downloading machine! . Runs ubuntu.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
It's good for using as a downloading machine, home server, etc. with a KVM switch in your PC, but do they expect students to use it in Schools, etc.? Not really.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Because you have to attach an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse? Too much of a hassle for it really.
Anyway it runs Ubuntu.
$25 "USB Stick PC" Running Ubuntu ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

I'll really buy this one though :p

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Because you have to attach an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse? Too much of a hassle for it really.
well yes its a hassle if you think of it a portable device. But as a light desktop alternative for schools that cannot afford bull blown computers, it is perfect!

tejaslok

Journeyman
^ the 1.5 k tab from HCL is yet to come, im waiting for it, but this is govt funded so expect some years for it to return :|

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
tejaslok said:
^ the 1.5 k tab from HCL is yet to come,
lol almost forgot bout it.

it was supposed to launch on Jan 15 but HCL seem to be turning their face away from it upto now :p

Sarath

iDota
I was just wondering what osama had to do with this.

"Time has come for kids to discard their heavy school bags for an SD card which can turn into a personal computer and yet fits in their small pockets.

Must Read
Al Qaeda confirms Osama bin Laden is dead, conspiracy theories debunked
Osama Bin Laden's Nemesis: Stealth, Google Maps, DNA, Biometrics and Twitter"

noja

Bang! Bang!
Source

Just look at how small it is . Absolutely perfect downloading machine! . Runs ubuntu.

Does it have a screen?

I already have a pocket sized computer but it does not have video out and usb ports and sockets for connection a keyboard. Otherwise its quite capable of doing many tasks. I am, however, talking about my phone :p

Top Bottom