The $25 Dollar Tablet

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Yes, You are right. It will be using flash memory as its RAM. Probably, it's own storage memory.

And to all the users, its price is not Rs.2500. It is Rs.2200. I think you are multiplying $25 with 50 to get the price in Rupees. Let me tell you that value of 1 $ is Rs.46 currently. Multiply 25$ with 46, you get 1150, which is nearly Rs.1100 (which is the price of the tablet after govt. removes 50% tax). Now, the finalized price is Rs.2200 not Rs.2500. :smile:

Also, it is not an International tablet that you are saying "the 25$ tablet". It's an Indian tab so call it in Rupees.
You're right it is $24.5. The tablet is very highly anticipated in foreign countries with the name of "The $25 tablet (in India)"..thus the name here.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
Re: 'Sakshat' Tablet PC finally!

Initially, it will be for students for Rs.2200, then it will be made available to everyone for Rs.1100 after Govt. removes 50% tax from it. It will be available at the end of this month.

Are you serious :O :D :D :D !!

Tech&ME

Banned
Re: 'Sakshat' Tablet PC finally!

Nah, he is kidding. This tablet is vaporware and this thread doesn't exist.

^^ :-D :-D Vaporware !! cool.

Initially, it will be for students for Rs.2200, then it will be made available to everyone for Rs.1100 after Govt. removes 50% tax from it. It will be available at the end of this month.

To clarify :

Govt will not remove any TAX on the device. They will subsidise it. (subsidy) Subsidy Meaning

There is a vast difference between SUBSIDY and TAX.

(This is for information and learning purpose only)

Whistler81

The One and Only
:wink::wink::wink:I need a tablet just to read eBooks in the PDF format. I have lots of eBooks but have headaches while reading them on my desktop at a stretch. This is what I was looking for. If only it were a Android device. But it doesn't matter. Guys please REVIEW this item and tell us its pros and cons, whether this is even worth that 2500 bucks or not. Lastly do update us with the way to get one when its out. Thanks. I am a student and I solemnly affirm that I will use this device only for studies.!!:wink:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
lets wait for the Videocon, Micromax, Lava tablets. they'll be running on Android & even if they ship with 500-600Mhz proccy+ Android 2.1 + 256Mb ram & 0 internal memory (microSD card only), they will outperform it.

Rightly said!! :agreed:

:wink::wink::wink:I need a tablet just to read eBooks in the PDF format. I have lots of eBooks but have headaches while reading them on my desktop at a stretch. This is what I was looking for. If only it were a Android device. But it doesn't matter. Guys please REVIEW this item and tell us its pros and cons, whether this is even worth that 2500 bucks or not. Lastly do update us with the way to get one when its out. Thanks. I am a student and I solemnly affirm that I will use this device only for studies.!!:wink:

Even I want something for reading purpose... and I might order a Kindle next month...

I thought of dropping this idea & getting Sakshat instead...

But... The battery life = 2-3 hours only... Moreover, I don't expect much from such a cheap tablet's screen..

Kindle is much better..Even though its 'comparatively' expensive

And I don't think it will ship with Android...Earlier news had mentioned that it will run Android OS... Latest news have not confirmed it..

However, I would like to tear it apart & get to know how stuff works... :D

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Yeah! Agreed!

One of my friend had been trying to pursue me to not buy the Kindle... and go for Sakshat instead. Therefore I had to give it a thought...

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Man.. features you posted.. are too good to be true in this price range.. however, what is the speed and how much reliable this piece is, that is the real thing we have to know.

Because you know, how Govt. things works. .. it should look that it works.. it will be passed..!!

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Isn't Google Android open source are rather a free ware???
It is open-source but still limited in some areas. Actually, Google calls it open-source (proudly), developers don't.

It's not a freeware, you can't buy it directly, neither it is available to the company free of cost. Although it's source code is available online for free.

rajj

Right off the assembly line
thanks for that, i have also came to know that GFIVE is also going to launch there tablet with a price of Rs10000. tablet war began as were on mobile phones.

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
Ya, I was just kidding. Not sure, will this product be going to become a reality or not. Lets hope for the best. And to Tech&ME, from 'tax' I meant 'subsidy' only. It was just a way to say it in a simple term. Why are you going so deep in this matter? This third class product is just like a regular dream and nothing more. Who knows? We all are wasting our time on this piece of trash.

Tell me one thing, will it not be our foolishness to believe on the statements of our Indian Govt. ? It will definitely be. Our Govt. is not trustworthy at all. The whole system is corrupt! :crazy: . I will not be doing Politics here. So, enough for now.

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hopefully its not a joke as once happened with Sakshat's early launch in 2009. I had compiled it here: India's Low cost $10 or $20 Sakshat Laptop-What is it ? A Reality Check!:eTI .. I hope this time its something useful!

I just remembered this...!!! back them the term laptop was more widely used than tablet. So i ignored it, wasn't at all interested in laptops.

If HCL is making this device them i am sure thy will manufacture more and more of these because they i am sure will know how much this will sell in Indian markets. Not everyone who wants to read ebooks(and also do a lil' bit more) can afford an iPad.

and I heard its Android!!!! WOW!!! JYJ!!! -Jumping with Joy

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I heard that HCL is no longer making the tablet. It was delayed because of production problems and now HCL no longer wants to associate with the tablet. The production will be handled by some other company.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
and which touchscreen is used for it?? like the one which is used in our smart card machines on a mumbai local's railway platform?? when i touch on "andheri", it gets touched on "dadar"..rofl..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and which touchscreen is used for it?? like the one which is used in our smart card machines on a mumbai local's railway platform?? when i touch on "andheri", it gets touched on "dadar"..rofl..

it'll use punchscreen. punch to select so you never miss your mark :-D

Top Bottom