Temperature of the laptop?

Hello,
to all of you.
I have HP DV'6 laptop, the configuration of the laptop is core i5 450M, 6GB ram, 500 gb hdd(7200 rpm), 1 gb 5650 graphics card and all the other essential features.Actually, I am facing a very strange problem, although my laptop runs very cool, its normal temp is around 45-65C for cpu and 45-65C for motherboard and 40-50C for graphics card, but whenever I run NFS hot pursuit, its cpu temp goes up to 103C and its motherboard temp goes up to 102C, I replaced the heatsink with new one as well as I have also applied the new thermal paste from the service station, but still the temp goes at the same level, when I quit from the game suddenly the temp drop 20-30C in less than 30 seconds, I dont know what to do in this situation, My laptop is one year old, and I am facing this weird problem.Please give some solution of this problem and also let me know, Is there any software malfunctioning can also increase the laptop temp like this? Thank You.
Regards.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what software are you using to monitor these temperatures? try with multiple softwares. also does the laptop shutdown? it can be false reading.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well if different software report same temperature, try gaming at a stretch. if laptop shuts down or there is any flickering then its genuine heating problem. does the exhaust feel warm or hot air blowing out. i have seen a lot of false readings lately where multiple softwares report correct temperature but the sensor was sending false value.

kbar1

Journeyman
Try RealTemp and SpeedFan together. See if they report the same temperature.
Get into the BIOS after some gaming. See if temp reported there is as high as the ones you got previously.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
@Sam
@kbar1
I want to tell you that my laptop never shuts down while play games and also doesn't flicker at all, but yes the exhaust air is hot and warm,and also the four softwares report the same temps, the names of the softwares are: CPUID HARDWARE MONITOR, SPECCY, CORETEMP, REALTEMP, and by the way, some days ago I dont know what happened but I just cleaned the internal vents of the laptop and temps drop 20C while palying NFS HOT PURSUIT, actually, mostly I play only this game and while playing NFS UNLEASHED the temps are normal, but today I changed the whole heating sink with the new one from the company(the service guy said this is normal means "100+" temps are normal), but the temps remain the same means lot high.I don't understand all this.Anyways, Can you please list some solutions for this weird problem?
Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
The service guy is giving you a lot of bull if he says that a 100 degrees is normal. but i guess your just getting wrong info from the software you are using since most pc's shut down before they reach 100 degrees,to save the hardware from damage.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
laptops can handle lot higher temperature than regular PC. most laptops work fine even at 100degree C. if the exhaust is warm, means heat is expelled out properly. so no need to worry about it.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you.
@Sam
I want to know, Is there any way by which I can down the temp of laptop and cpu? and playing games on the 103+ temp when you know the max temp of the cpu is 105C is very strange and Is it "OK?". I dont understand why this is happening, I even use cooler master cooling pad.Please share more info with me on this matter GUYS!
Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam
I want to know, Is there any way by which I can down the temp of laptop and cpu? and playing games on the 103+ temp when you know the max temp of the cpu is 105C is very strange and Is it "OK?". I dont understand why this is happening, I even use cooler master cooling pad.Please share more info with me on this matter GUYS!
Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

well then i would say its false reading. nothing else.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you.
I want to know Is the low disk space also cause the temp rise in the laptop? I have almost 55 GB FREE in the 442(500) GB Hard Disk.One thing, more today I contacted the service station about the checking of the motherboard and faulty sensors, they told me that if mine Laptop has this kind of problem then definitely BIOS reported before starting the Laptop.Now, I dont know what to do?Please reply.Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Free HDD space has not got to do with temps at all. I am left with mere 40GB in my laptop but it stays cool.

Take the laptop to service centre and show them problem.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
NO. low space on the HDD doesnt cause heating. Not more than half a degree centigade perhaps ;)

I didnt get what you were trying to say about the BIOS. could you put it differently?

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
@pranav0091
Actually, service station engineer told me that If there is any hardware related problem in motherboard or sensor in the laptop,then the BIOS must show the warning or some type of error message before starting the booting process.Anyways, the thing is that today I noted that after exiting from the NFS HOT PURSUIT, the motherboard temp drops from 103C to 65C in just 3 seconds, its strange.Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What the service guy told you is correct, but then again if the sensor is sending faulty values, then it isnt exactly broken. Its working, but maybe some dust or something else has caused the calibration to be offset.

See if the intake vent cover, that piece of cloth, if present, is clogged with dust...
I suppose the laptop's internals were dusted properly when the heatsink was changed...

BTW what is the CPU temperature?

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
@pranav0091
The cpu temperature remains also very high while gaming it crosses the 103+ for core0 and 95C+ core2 and it decreases 30+ in just 10 seconds, after quiting gaming. BTW, the cloth of the intake cover is very much cleaned, today I checked it and there was no dust in it.Hope to see some solution.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Top Bottom