TDF Game Backup Vault [Updated Weekly]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
can anyone clarify about this

and

just want to know which process to use to send f2p games that have independent installers from third parties, where installation works even without steam. eg: tribes ascend.

Most of F2P games like Planetside 2 , RIFT , TERA , Blacklight Retribution have their own installer . So even when you copy the whole game , you have to download extra files from game launcher . Example - After copying Planetside 2 files to my steam folder , launcher downloaded 9 Gb more .

Origin
Bad company 2 8.5 GB
Battlefield 4 - 31.5 GB

Steam

Blacklight Retribution - 13 GB
Just Cause 2 - 4.8gb
Fallout 3 - 6GB

Location - New Delhi

DDIF

Custom User Title
Here are the files I have:

uPlay
1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (with all patches)
2. Far Cry 3 (with all patches)
3. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (with all patches)

Origin
1. Mass Effect 3 (with addons)
2. Battlefield 3

Steam
1. Batman Arkham Origins
2. Counter Strike Global Offensive
3. Insurgency
4. Killing Floor
5. Left 4 Dead 2
6. Sid Meier's Civilization V
7. Team Fortress 2
8. Thief
9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms
10. Devil May Cry (DmC)
11. Alan Wake
12. Sleeping Dogs

I can send via Speed Post, First Flight

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
[MENTION=22610]hsr[/MENTION] My current location is Chennai..

And I will update the game size once my net connection is up.

kunalht

In the zone
I have this games:
Steam:

CS:GO
DOTA 2
Garry's mod
HAWKEN
Insurgency
Just cause 2
L4D 2
Orcs Must die
Payday : The heist
Red orchestra ostfront
Red orchestra 2
Serious Sam 3
Team fortress 2
Trine 1
Trine 2

Origin:
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Dead Space 3

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I have Diablo 3 in Blizzard. I could not find it in above lists, rest are common and everyone has them or more. Please tell me how to do backup and distribute.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Sending from Jakarta ??? You pay the shipping charge.. :twisted:

first tell me how to do backup? I'm not getting the idea? something like write the game content in a dvd? I can afford to send developers in parcels if i want, just have to find out if i can with them policies :(

Piyush

Lanaya
first tell me how to do backup? I can afford to send developers in parcels if i want, just have to find out if i can with them policies :(
Dont know about Origin and other retailer but you can check steam client steps in first post of this thread. Its a youtube video.

pratyush997

Inactive
I have Diablo 3 in Blizzard. I could not find it in above lists, rest are common and everyone has them or more. Please tell me how to do backup and distribute.
Isn't distributing game files kind of illegal?
I tried it and got pretty decent warning

OP
H

hsr

this steam thread says the otherwise. Anyways, even if you restore a game that you haven't purchased, it will not be listed in your library. If you don't have it in your library you won't be able to play :)

- - - Updated - - -

cleanup, please understand this is not a game discussion thread :)

OP
H

hsr

Clearly you've misunderstood the concept then. Steam backups can only be restored and used if you have purchased the game yourself. There have been no such instances (not that I know of) where people were charged with copyright infringement. You "pay" the shipping price and that's basic human ethics, not resale or redistribution.

- - - Updated - - -

updated list till now ( 10 May 2014 11:00 AM )

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=127755]arijitsinha[/MENTION] your list is long, I have to manually search and see as of now so will do it later once you have the sizes? :D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Clearly you've misunderstood the concept then. Steam backups can only be restored and used if you have purchased the game yourself. There have been no such instances (not that I know of) where people were charged with copyright infringement. You "pay" the shipping price and that's basic human ethics, not resale or redistribution.

- - - Updated - - -

updated list till now ( 10 May 2014 11:00 AM )

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=127755]arijitsinha[/MENTION] your list is long, I have to manually search and see as of now so will do it later once you have the sizes? :D

So what you trying to implement here is deploy and maintain a central repository of all games that are in steam libraries of individuals and can be restored by only them ( as in they are the owners ), if i'm not wrong this consolidation will be done on optical media and shared across members?

So point is if this is not resale , they why is there a necessity to making it distributed across regions as "backups" when one can always back it up numerous ways they can specially when there is an Associated cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom