TDF Game Backup Vault [Updated Weekly]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

hsr

Oh! That's too bad, I read the section :( the last thing i need is a banned account in Blizzard then, i was looking forward to restore a RoS backup from a Hong kong FTP.

Please stop making such statements, it WILL mislead the users here. If it is a grave issue for you, it is better to stay out.

As for others, I will contact Steam and try to clear this out. I still don't have any clue in what might legally be the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

*store.steampowered.com/sharing/ < hope you guys know this exists (you can actually share your paid games with friends)

DDIF

Custom User Title
- - - Updated - - -

*store.steampowered.com/sharing/ < hope you guys know this exists (you can actually share your paid games with friends)
I hope you yourself read it all. It is for sharing with family and sharing your entire library on authorized computers.
We just want to make sure that no-one runs into any banning issues because like TDF admins, steam admins are also too happy to ban accounts.
See you PM for details in 5 mins.

Last edited:
OP
H

hsr

No, not just for families. You can share it with your friends too! (not that it helps us, but sharing games is 'okay' with valve, that's what I'm trying to say)

DDIF

Custom User Title
No, not just for families. You can share it with your friends too!

I say to you again, read the page properly. Read the FAQs then tell me, is it the thing you were searching. And see your PM.

OP
H

hsr

Yes, you should loosen up on the fact that I didn't RTFM. It is for authorized PCs as in share the game with your roommate. Once again, just saying that Valve is not all "DO NOT SHARE THIS" kind.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Please stop making such statements, it WILL mislead the users here. If it is a grave issue for you, it is better to stay out.

As for others, I will contact Steam and try to clear this out. I still don't have any clue in what might legally be the issue here.

- - - Updated - - -

You should first learn to identify statements which are "misguiding" and which are expressing "concerns" , its not a school out here, and no one is a kid to be "MISLEAD" by reading some posts and make irrevocable decisions.

I never said the vault was a bad idea, instead mentioned it indeed was great for f2p and cheap games, my "concern" was that there was NO RELEVANT INFORMATION about other hosts such as origin or blizzard, and then there are informative links where one can read and see that there are mentioning of protocols about sharing library and stuff in Steam too.

I'm not here to advertise "don't use this vault its a crime".

OP
H

hsr

Closing this down until I get a reply from Steam/Valve on the subject.
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] there are a lot of kids here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom