Tata SKY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
hey eager to watch its quality..

^

Saami! I dont have a digital camera or camera-mobile phone!so u may have to wait for some time for my screenshots!(BTW i use a ancient TV 2000 Sony trinitron KF-J21MF1AK with kirara basso that time paid 22k! :x)

I will post a review this week for all u aspirants :eek:

do you get any logo or watermark?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^ u meant STB?yes STB's got a barcode which they will say via phone to activation along with dealer code!also via STB,I think I downloaded and upgraded Firmware(which is still in its infancy comparing to tata sky and all!) to latest version.
a glitch i found was that the channel change is a lil slow compared to sky.I think sun will fix with a stable firmware online later. :)

@aXXo:if ur really interested,y dont u go and see its quality in some dealers?here in my town,every consumer electronic stores and even small stores are bundling sun dth along with tata sky and dishtv!

axxo

99.9% Idle
^ u meant STB?yes STB's got a barcode which they will say via phone to activation along with dealer code!also via STB,I think I downloaded and upgraded Firmware(which is still in its infancy comparing to tata sky and all!) to latest version.
a glitch i found was that the channel change is a lil slow compared to sky.I think sun will fix with a stable firmware online later. :)

@aXXo:if ur really interested,y dont u go and see its quality in some dealers?here in my town,every consumer electronic stores and even small stores are bundling sun dth along with tata sky and dishtv!

no when I watch channels i get watermark from the provider in addition to the channel logo..am getting this for tata sky at the bottom of the screen.

So you not connected stb to PC? i thought it was so

praka123

left this forum longback
^Oh!now i understood!yes,no water marks yet! :) be happy ;)

I bought a pinnacle pctv 50i for 2k last saturday from ernakulam and my uncle got it from me :( and i will buy the tuner soon!

praka123

left this forum longback
turns out that my relatives, 2 of them are getting sun dth too!as the cost factor itself is a BIG benefit compared to sky or dishtv :)

go4saket

I am not that happy with Tata Sky... When I purchased Tatasky, they promised Rs.300 for the first TV and Rs.100 for the second one. Just after a few days they made it Rs.125 for the second TV.

Moreover, when I purchased it, they said Rs.300 is the complete package wherein all channel can be viewed and all upcoming channels would be a part of it. Now, to view channels like Zoom, Bindas, 9x etc, I have to pay Rs.30 additional. This is bull ****.

As for quality, I had Zee DTH before Tatasky and Zee DTH had better picture quality anyday.

So altogether, -1 to TataSky...

axxo

99.9% Idle
am ok with the quality of tata sky akthough the subscription per month too steep...Rs.125 for second TV quite not justified as you can get cable connection for Rs.100 (along with unlimited splits within your homee)

praka123

left this forum longback
^yeah!now with sun dth officially they said 75 channels and i tried manual tuning and getting around 90channels(not counted approximation).today later i m gonna focuz on another satellite+transponder for getting FTA channels which includes some cr@p channels ;) tzzz..secret :D

and not to say that those who got sun dth are very satisfied as of now,esp the picture quality,newer channels will come with mpeg4 support I hope.Hope sun dont downplay next year with subscription fees :-|

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^They will surely increase the price. They want some customers now and when they get enough, they'll increase the price. :|

utsav

damn busy...
When tata sky was launched in 2006 they were giving all channels for 200bucks.my dad was tempted to get one but fortunately he decided to wait some time coz i didnt liked the picture quality and suddenly they increased the cost to 300 after diwali.till diwali they were saying that it will remain 200 only WTF ?.then i got dishtv maxi package and am very satisfied with the quality and service

praka123

left this forum longback
^..So One thing is for sure!people in India got finished by cable wallah's :D

Still sun dth will be different,they are the first to give mpeg4 STB's.
they may be changing their channels to mp4 soon to include more channels to save the transponders alloted for sun in INSAT-4B.

and they have already got enough connections for a head start!here in my town,if u come to the distributor,it is like people queuing for a Hit Film ticket :D

Next,Sun DTH cannot suddenly increase the subscription cost next yr from Rs75 to say Rs 200!why?because,the channel is served from TN,and people there will kill them if Sun will play some tricks with them unlike bigshots like tata sky or Dishtv!no offense!but ppl in TN are much devoted to cinemas,television etc.and marans will be fried if they hike the charges! :D

axxo

99.9% Idle
True..@ the max we can expect Rs.125 not beyond that..

but still sun direct is yet to include an important channel "Star Vijay"....the only tamil channel thats viewable :D

btw what abt their multiroom package..no info on that..????

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Picture quality is way better than the cable (and no calls to cablewallah twice a day to check the cable)

packages are not good even after paying 350 for south jumbo pack again add 30 for lifestle gold and another 30 for sports gold.Thats way too much coz i'll not be watching more than 60 channels out of almost 120.But i'm forced to pay that coz its a bundle.

It could have been better if the packages are language specific not just north and south.also it would be great if had an option to select
some assorted channels and only pay for them( atleast i hope such a package comes)

praka123

left this forum longback
True..@ the max we can expect Rs.125 not beyond that..

but still sun direct is yet to include an important channel "Star Vijay"....the only tamil channel thats viewable :D

btw what abt their multiroom package..no info on that..????
Yeah!we have to wait for Opentv software to be installed on STB via some korean ftp server!this update will bring services like in tata sky's "active xyz" things! :D In sun's STB,we need to manually go to update option to have updates :p
BTW,I am getting,9xm,etc,ptc etc and totalling 82channels+23FM stations.now some more exploration,I may end up with even more ;)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Sun Direct is BIG NO-NO for Tamil ppl as well as people who want to watch BBC, Star World.

atmy home, we bought Tata Sky to watch Star World, AXN,Discovery..., BBC (dad):)) & so on.

not to watch ONLY SUN TV :| :p

the only time my folks tune in to Sun TV is from 7pm to 9.30pm. :p

btw why are people so excited about FM Channels?? LOL

axxo

99.9% Idle
Sun Direct is BIG NO-NO for Tamil ppl as well as people who want to watch BBC, Star World.

atmy home, we bought Tata Sky to watch Star World, AXN,Discovery..., BBC (dad):)) & so on.

not to watch ONLY SUN TV :| :p

the only time my folks tune in to Sun TV is from 7pm to 9.30pm. :p

btw why are people so excited about FM Channels?? LOL

every knew that Sun TV is crap..only scheduled with mega serials & some copied craps from star vijay...but their siblings like ktv, sun music are quite ok
I dont remember the last time i watch sun....
I initially started with south started pack for my Tata sky..i soon realised that its not worth to sit and watch regional channels...immd swithed to south value paCK...to get AXN,discovery, T&L & so on...

& why the heck ppl ever want to watch fm channels?

praka123

left this forum longback
^I m not interested in FM Channels :))!just pointed it!thats all.reg,sun dth,I am getting lot of Hindi channels,gyandarshan and few oriya channels;i find these channels waste!

and why sun dth,is atleast in kerala.this is VFM!as it includes ALL Malayalam channels!.BTW,sun is launching star,sony packages on February!so no need to think sun is lossing!It is ROCKING in south india :)

aXisxX

Broken In
^ do u get any English channels in sun Dth like HBO.star movies and others like star world??? plz post the channel list and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom