Tata SKY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^ok... If you want regional stuff only then Sun is good enough... Otherwise i DishTV and TataSky are the best :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
The TRAI ruling was on Dec 1, 2007, but (from what I understood in the document) it seems to have a clause allowing DTH providers 3 months time to give the user choice of channels... Each channel should not cost more than 3 times the average cost of one channel in that package, and the total cost of individual channels in a package should not cost more than 1.5 times the cost of the package...

Arun

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Yes in dishTv while its raining your signal goes out for a few minutes.. But it'll be back within 10 minutes.. its sometimes very irritating when that happens...

Rockstar11

Technomancer
nice review and lovely rainbow and tata sky pic *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif
I use dishTv.. kyun ki Dishtv mein FM radio hai *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
****! i just bought a In2cablenet SET TOP BOX a couple of days earlier.
Satish, you should have posted it few days earlier!

They(SET TOP BOX) promised me digital quality picture and sound.
Though the quality is digital, I get scrambled picture and sound with that 'creech-creech' sound once every 10 seconds. That not what I paid for.
Also many times I get this '7-Bad signal or no signal. Contact cable operator'.

I paid Rs. 1350 (onetime) for the instrument and now have to pay Rs. 280 per month till CAS is activated here(Thane). After that Rs.5+ taxes per pay channel. But seeing the Tata Sky family pack, I am tempted to buy Tata Sky.

Really, I won't have bothered Rs. 4000 + Rs. 250 monthly packages for what Tata Sky is offering.

I will soon write a review about SET TOP BOX!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I get scrambled picture and sound with that 'creech-creech' sound once every 10 seconds. That not what I paid for.
Also many times I get this '7-Bad signal or no signal. Contact cable operator'.

most probably, the ppl who installed it, dint install it properly.
they've to position it (Tata Sky ppl use some instruments for it), did these noobs do it manually?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
does dth faces any problem during monsoon, lightning etc :? :( seems i have to watch for it!
It happens in DishTv. I dont know about other providers. There will be some disturbance for a few minutes(less than 10 minutes usually) and then it'll automatically get corrected.:)

utsav

damn busy...
It happens in DishTv. I dont know about other providers. There will be some disturbance for a few minutes(less than 10 minutes usually) and then it'll automatically get corrected.:)

ya it happens during severe rainfall only and happens with all dth services including tata sky

they've to position it (Tata Sky ppl use some instruments for it), did these noobs do it manually?

tata and dishtv guys chk the signal strength .when it reaches adequate levels they fix the dish firmly and no1 can setup those dish manually becoz even a minute angle change wil not get the signals to the dish

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
NO, they just brought a that set top box, arranged the wirings between TV and that BOX, and placed the set top box in side of my TV. It has no dish or any receiver. Signals come through the co-axial cable of cable wala!

praka123

left this forum longback
I asked sun dth distributor here and he says sun's dish comes with some identification marks in the dish and it is easy to set the dish using a compass and he said he can finish the job @ max 30 minutes.the problem they are saying is that due to heavy orders(very high!i saw the applications!) they need around 4-5 days to activate all channels!indeed in kerala,there is big rush

Rahim

Married!
I would love to install Tata-Sky but I have concealed wiring(inside/through the walls & over the false-cealing) and Technician told us that the existing cables would be removed (a very difficult job as there are chances of breakage & scraping of walls surface) and the new wires would be inserted/rolled through it. This drove my Dad nuts and he cancelled the application and got CAS connection from local cablewallah(GalaxZee).
Anybody here had that problem?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I would love to install Tata-Sky but I have concealed wiring(inside/through the walls & over the false-cealing) and Technician told us that the existing cables would be removed (a very difficult job as there are chances of breakage & scraping of walls surface) and the new wires would be inserted/rolled through it. This drove my Dad nuts and he cancelled the application and got CAS connection from local cablewallah(GalaxZee).
Anybody here had that problem?
Instead of removing the wiring, couldn't the wires have been spared and left idle?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i also had similar problem, local cable was there, what we did was cut the cable at roof & connected it to the Dish reciever. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom