Tata Sky OR Dish TV Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
I am confused.
For Which one should i go?
Which has better picture and sound quality?
and strong signal?
Also i heard that DTH providers are now going for MPEG-4 format.So r their Set top boxes support mpeg 4?
Whats ur experience regarding the service?

I need basic family pack which include hindi and regional channels.plus removeable english ,sports channels pack.

So should i make my life jingalala OR Wish more and get Dish tv?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I have a TATA Sky and the service is good.Especially vis a vis monsoon situation.
Dish TV ( Incidentally i had Dish TV before i got Tata Sky and the experience was not good ) has more reception problem during monsoon.
Regarding Picture quality , Tata Sky and and Dish Tv come close so not much of a difference.
But Service and uptime TATA Sky rules.
You can find n number of forums and topics relating this where 90 percent people favour TATA sky.

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
what about mpeg 4 codecs.
r they upgrading to it?
i also feels that tata sky will be a good option but i am worried abt signal quality in rain.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
You'll be awfully lucky if you can get signals in rain. Also, with TATA Sky, keep in mind that they are known for removing channels from their packages at will.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
If it rains.. you can say bye bye to ure tv reception no matter which you have.

nope.
it was raining hard yesterday & i was watching tv.

btw why doesnt tata sky make their STB look more sleek & giv some colour option.

it looks like a dated piece of tin, with cheap plastic:x
ruins my whole setup:x

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
It rained heavily here in morning till evening. No signal problems. Tatasky user here, but yea they remove channels on their wish. They jst combine weird channels and make a new combo and ask price for it..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If it rains.. you can say bye bye to ure tv reception no matter which you have.

Its been raining heavily for 2 days and there was absolutely no problem with Tata Sky whatsoever with the reception thing.
Dont bother looking for much as there is not much of a choice and TATA sky is pretty reliable with Rains.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, the one which gives you the combination of the channels you want @ a good price,,,,,

Some people may get the channels they want in Rs.250 on Dish TV, some may get it for Rs.300 in Tata Sky........[just an example].....

Both got nearly the same service and audio/video quality....

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
i am always in fever of tata sky but the offer given by dish tv (one year free subscription)make me think again.
with the current package in tata sky if i want sport channels i have to go for 300/rs package.same in dish tv only here are english channels.
packages r almost same.
do tata sky changes its packages frequently?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
dishtv is the best..

they can introduce new channels fast.. i mean they are long there in this bussiness.. and needless to say they are updating new channels in regular period..

i think dishtv is good...

actually if any dish network prov give HD channels.. i gona jump right away

karmanya

Journeyman
Since DTH technologies run on a relatively small wavelenght, the interference due to rain and other factors is quite large.
Personally, as soon as it rains my tata sky starts to freeze and after a point it just looses the signal. Sometimes though im lucky enough to retain the signal even when it does rain.

davinci

wid million core procesor
I currently hav both dish tv and tatasky.But i must say dat the winner is undoubtably tatasky.it may be a tad costlier dan dishtv but its worth da extra bucks u shell out.coz tatasky is far better in after sale service dan dishtv and it also add new channels that are being launched recently,whlie dishtv has a horrible service and they dont add new channels dat easily to ur package.so go 4 tatasky

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I have this weird problem with CN on Tatasky only with English language selected. After some time the english audio goes all jerky.. Like with some breaks in between. No problem with hindi or tamil only with english audio over only CN channel. Anyone else facing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom