task manager disabled in windows 7

digitaltab

In the zone
my task manager and registry editor are disabled in windows 7 ultimate...

computer has also become slow and unresponsive since last day,

i don't know what has happened, i don't have an anti-virus installed on my computer,

Please suggest the best possible steps to correct the errors ASAP...

EDIT: ITS SHOWING CLISTART.EXE error at startup just after boot since last night, press ok to close it displays, i press ok, or i press the "x" button...

no such errors came before...

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ITs a virus. do a scan with latest free AV like Avira or Avast or use this online AV-

HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

utkarsh73

In the zone
This problem generally occurs due to malware infection. Run this program:
Task Manager Fix
and it may fix the problem instantly.
If not then scan hard disk with a good antivirus.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
please suggest any free av to scan it immediately right now

ITs a virus. do a scan with latest free AV like Avira or Avast or use this online AV-

HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

housecall you suggested is downloading updates, at 80% right now, is this an antivirus or what?

what else should i do?

i have edited my problem, i forgot to mention it earlier, please see the first post , may be you find a solution now....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
please suggest any free av to scan it immediately right now

housecall you suggested is downloading updates, at 80% right now, is this an antivirus or what?

what else should i do?

not a full antivirus. and emergency AV when you are infeced. wait for it to be done and it should clean many viruses :wink:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Remember though-

1) Reboot once scan is done.

2) Even if you still cant access it after cleaning is done try the fix by utkarsh. it should work then :wink:

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Remember though-

1) Reboot once scan is done.

2) Even if you still cant access it after cleaning is done try the fix by utkarsh. it should work then :wink:

tried everything you told, nothing is working

its not showing clistart.exe error at startup any more but problem remains untouched...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
obviously your computer is infected. I prefer clean install.. and then learn how to use win 7 safely.. i.e not running as an Admin.

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Probaly an autorun virus.
Try smart virus remover or something similar.Always scan usb drives for autoruns
Smart Virus Remover 1.43.1

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even i had this problem previously. None of the antivirus or any other trick helped me. Only Quick Heal helped me. Downloaded the Total Security trial, installed it and did a native scan. That was all. PC restarted and a scan was performed. After the scan PC restarted again and there was no sign of any threat. I could access task manager again. Also double clicking on a floder opened it in an new window instaed of same window. That was solved too.
Try this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom