task manager disabled in windows 7

digitaltab

In the zone
my task manager and registry editor are disabled in windows 7 ultimate...

computer has also become slow and unresponsive since last day,

i don't know what has happened, i don't have an anti-virus installed on my computer,

Please suggest the best possible steps to correct the errors ASAP...

EDIT: ITS SHOWING CLISTART.EXE error at startup just after boot since last night, press ok to close it displays, i press ok, or i press the "x" button...

no such errors came before...

Last edited:
OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
please suggest any free av to scan it immediately right now

ITs a virus. do a scan with latest free AV like Avira or Avast or use this online AV-

HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

housecall you suggested is downloading updates, at 80% right now, is this an antivirus or what?

what else should i do?

i have edited my problem, i forgot to mention it earlier, please see the first post , may be you find a solution now....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
please suggest any free av to scan it immediately right now

housecall you suggested is downloading updates, at 80% right now, is this an antivirus or what?

what else should i do?

not a full antivirus. and emergency AV when you are infeced. wait for it to be done and it should clean many viruses :wink:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Remember though-

1) Reboot once scan is done.

2) Even if you still cant access it after cleaning is done try the fix by utkarsh. it should work then :wink:

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Remember though-

1) Reboot once scan is done.

2) Even if you still cant access it after cleaning is done try the fix by utkarsh. it should work then :wink:

tried everything you told, nothing is working

its not showing clistart.exe error at startup any more but problem remains untouched...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
obviously your computer is infected. I prefer clean install.. and then learn how to use win 7 safely.. i.e not running as an Admin.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even i had this problem previously. None of the antivirus or any other trick helped me. Only Quick Heal helped me. Downloaded the Total Security trial, installed it and did a native scan. That was all. PC restarted and a scan was performed. After the scan PC restarted again and there was no sign of any threat. I could access task manager again. Also double clicking on a floder opened it in an new window instaed of same window. That was solved too.
Try this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom