Taking Hewlett-Packard India to Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Congratulations!
But do you think they will take the order seriously. Even though its 'legally binding', what are your options if they default on payment? File another case?

Anywayz, get your compensation and then let us know. I think this should be published by as many bloggers, to a extent that HP laptop reviews brings this case among the TOP 5 results in Google and yahoo!

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
The main reason I am making sure this gets due publicity is to ensure that such things don't happen unnecessarily. Not everyone will be able to spare time and energy on such matters. I think HP thought I would be one of them.

When I tried looking for precedents of cases against HP in India, I never found anything. Now that I've won, this should serve as encouragement to others in similar situations.

HP may not honour the judgment but that would be contempt of court and that can cause serious problems for them - not to mention a significant drop in credibility. I am prepared to take it further to civil court if it comes to that.

I will not back down now. Not with the massive inconvenience this has caused me over a period of close to a year and a half.

mediator

Technomancer
You shud give your story to citizen journalist on CNN-IBN for their further glorification. And Congos buddy.

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
The problem with me spearheading this is that I can become the target of a defamation suit and that's far more trouble than it's worth. I can openly put out information regarding the case and try to inform others but if I do too much to spread it, doing things I cannot later take back if required, then I can get into serious trouble.

But people passing on what they've heard causes no problems for them since genuine reporting is not a crime. So whoever's reading this, if you've got a blog, website or internet community, please link to *www.koshyjohn.com/hp with a short description (or a long one :p) for your readers.

I think I should wait till HP honours their part of the judgment before I think of proceeding further... Of course, I'll be making way more noise if they stall and act unprofessionally..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats. :)

BTW can I sue BSNL for giving the people of Gurgaon very very high pings to game servers (infact every computer out of India) compared with the other parts of India??

We get 600ms pings to Hong Kong most of the time and other BSNL subscribers (from other parts of India) get 160ms at max.

I had perhaps called the NIB people and they said, "Thik ho jayega" jo ki abhi tak "huya nahi".

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
There is no website where you can register. You will have to call them up at 1-800-11-4000. You can get local addresses of their offices at: *www.ncdrc.nic.in/

In the first instance, they will put you in touch with higher people within the concerned company who have more power to negotiate and solve problems.

In the second instance, you will be asked to formally file a complaint at your local NCDRC office. You will be required to produce evidence for every statement you make. If you say you handed over your laptop on 09-11-08, you must have a receipt to that effect, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom