Tablet or Laptop???

nks

Broken In
I am a (going to be) college student and in a great confusion : whether to buy a tablet or a laptop??
My budget is till Rs. 50,000.

Laptop requirements : Core i5, 4-6 gb ram, 1 gb graphics(not a great gamer), 750gb hdd

Tablet requirements : wi-fi + 3g(most imp.), 16gb internal memory

Will be very grateful if u help me as the college time is coming ??

ritvij

rated R
with a budget of 50k i would definitely recommend a laptop over tablet anytime.. a laptop performs far better than a tablet.. check out dell's website and customize a laptop according to your needs!

sarthak

In the zone
Get the HP dv6 7012tx. If you want a tablet also get a cheap one as you will definitely need a laptop for college.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how about laptop + tablet? you can have a performance laptop for 30k. spend 20k on a tablet if you really need it. IMO tablet is useless for most students. fun dies in a days time cause you can't do just anything you wish. with a laptop, though its bulky you can.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
For a budget of 50k, u must go for a laptop.
Maybe you could get the new ultrabooks as branded by intel. Light on weight, Nice in size and Power packed performance...

Sujeet

Undead!!!
how about laptop + tablet? you can have a performance laptop for 30k. spend 20k on a tablet if you really need it. IMO tablet is useless for most students. fun dies in a days time cause you can't do just anything you wish. with a laptop, though its bulky you can.

I agree.+1

aroraanant

Explorer

Even I was gonna suggest you the same think, SAM you stole my words ;)

OP
N

nks

Broken In
Yeah, i also agree to the option laptop+tablet.
So please tell me the name of some(for both of them) which are in the budget(can be extended but not much).
I recommend a hp laptop. What about HP Pavilion DV6 Series Dv6 - 6119tx

Whatever the laptop be i badly need a USB 3.0 port(atleast 1).:confused:

OP
N

nks

Broken In
I also wanna ask that the laptops coming with OS as 'free DOS' need windows installed separately ???
if not than what is it??

Monk

Journeyman
I also wanna ask that the laptops coming with OS as 'free DOS' need windows installed separately ???
if not than what is it??

Yes, you will have to buy OS separately. Or you can simply use open source (Free) OS like Ubuntu.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
if not than what is it??

DOS needs no intro.

Its a age old non graphical File/Disk Management Command Line System with which you can manage and manipulate File stored on Drive under very restrictive environment aka Windows Commans Prompt at most.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Asus X53SC-SX492D @ 34844. you don't need a 50k lappy for your work. save the rest and spend it when you really need to.

sarthak

In the zone
IMO tablet is useless for most students. fun dies in a days time cause you can't do just anything you wish. with a laptop, though its bulky you can.

Actually a cheap tablet is useful for students. Our teachers upload class notes in ppt or pdf and its easier to read them on a tablet. However he will need a laptop in college for programming, watching movies, etc.

Stephen Alter

Broken In
Well if I were you, I would get a laptop. I suggest an HP with an Intel processor. I would also suggest a Sony Vaio or a Lenovo. Apple is too overpriced.

Top Bottom