Tablet for architecture student - NOT Wacom! - Budget 20000

saratdear

Broken In
Hi,

Architecture student here, been wanting to get a tablet for some time now, I'll prolly be able to convince my parents to buy one for me by June when I'll be starting the third year.

I'll say first off that I'm practically drooling over the Nexus 7 - but I'm open to other options. :razz:

Needs : Basically this is going to be my multimedia consumption device and connectivity and on the go device for the next 3 years, hopefully. I have a pretty basic phone for calling/messaging - the reason I'm not looking for a smartphone is because I want more screen real estate. Connectivity - 3g is not a must although it'll be a very good bonus because I'll be using a lot of apps, Whatsapp, skype etc. Good storage options - lack of an SD card slot is what scores down the nexus 7. Good back camera is also something I'm looking at, as this is going to be my on the go camera for taking quick shots of buildings and all.

But the most I'm going to be using this is for reading the large collection of pdfs I've acquired over time (Digit included!) plus videos, some gaming, notes (all the screen space will come in useful when reading scanned notes last minute for exams!) Something like the S-Pen would be amazing if possible because I can sketch out ideas! Should be able to support a lot of apps - this will be my first tablet device, and I'm an experimenter.

Budget - below 20000, hopefully, because I need to convince my parents too.

Any new stuff coming out till June is also appreciated because that's when I'll be prolly buying this.

acervenky

Broken In
It Is Not Applicable To Suggest A New Tablet If You Are Going To Buy It In June.
Plenty Of New Tabs Will Arrive.
But (For Now) In My Opinion :
Without Warranty :
Definitely Pantech Element.My Friend Has A Pantech Flex,He Bought It From ebay And Its Working Fine.
As You Said You Will Be Using It For Multimedia And Architecture Stuff,You Will Need More Storage.It Has 16 GB Internal Storage + Micro SD Card Slot (Till 32 GB)
It Has A 6400mAh Battery,And It Will Last You Throughout A Day.And The Screen Is Also 8",It Has A 1.5Ghz Dual Core Proccy With 1GB Ram.
And For Camera,It Has A Rear Camera 5mp (720p) With Flash And A 2mp Front Facing Camera.Reviews Are Also Good.
Bonus : It Is Waterproof And Supports A Micro-Sim :mrgreen:
The Only One Concern Is Warranty.
Price : Available at 20k @ebay
With Warranty : There Are Many Chinese Tablets(From iberry,lava,karbonn,etc) But I will never Suggest them,if you are going to invest 10k +
There Is Galaxy Tab 2,But Does Not Give The Bang For The Buck.

guru_urug

iGoogle
No.

You are buying in June. The Nexus 7.7 is gonna be announced in Google I/O in May. It will be featuring an excellent specification for sure, which will kick a.s.s of any current 7-8 inch tablet, along with giving you regular android updates. I'd get that imported in June if I were you. Since it would be manufactured by Asus again, you will get international warranty too. So IMO that is the tab to wait for, if you can wait.

Dont get the ipad mini now, since it will get a refresh with a retina screen and updated specs this year. If you want to use it for 3 years, I'd suggest you get a newly launched product than invest in last years tabs.

OP
S

saratdear

Broken In
Nexus 7 just launched in India by Play store. 16k for 16 GB. That too just Wifi. Methinks its a bit too much. Advice?

Top Bottom