Systm getting restarted very frequently....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack1983

Broken In
My system is restarting very frequently after useage of few hours.
My config is E7400 2.4 Ghz. ASUS P5K-PL CM (MotherBoard). 2GB RAM.
WIN XP and Norton Internet 2010 installed.
System is in an airconditioned room.So i don't think over heating is an issue.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Might be a simple case of some wires gone loose inside the cabinat. coincidentally, I've fixed a similar problem today itself in one of my uncle's computer. The system would suddenly shutdown. I just opened the cabinet and tightened all the cables and the problem was gone. be careful though, don't get a shock or damaged part.

check your ram slots and other cables. they might be loose.
i had that problem when my PCs hard reset button right below the main power button got faulty. it used to close the circuit by itself so i used to get frequent system restarts :|. i replaced it with a new circuit and its working fine now.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
You system may be in an AC room still check the temp and also post the temp here at TDF. What about your PSU. Low quality PSU may also be the culprit.

OP
M

mack1983

Broken In
will check the connections this sunday and i have a temp monitoring utlity by ASUS(pc probe) it shows cpu temp.. at ~47*c and Motherboard tem at ~35*C.

I don't use my system for gaming its only for surfing and few other MS office tasks,

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you can check the temperatures using speccy. 47 is a bit high in an AC room, I guess You checked it when the AC was off. If not, check the CPU fan & other fans and clean the inside of the cabinet carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom