system optimisation software ??

icebags

Technomancer
i use revo uninstaller sometimes to uninstall a program completely, including registry, thats all.

tkin

Back to school!!
i know guys not to use them i was asking digitans what they use
We use nothing, ccleaner mostly and once every blue moon optimizing the c drive for faster loading of services: How to speed up boot process under Windows Vista or Windows 7 - MSFN Forum

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
CC Cleaner is good.Tuneup 2013 is excellent. Just the thing. One click headache remover....and it frees a hell lot of space.

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
thanx for the link i think my boot time is close to 30 sec but i still try to get smthing out of the link !!

@ inceptionist why do u use defraggler window 7 has a shedule defragement option !

Inceptionist

Journeyman
It has many features like moving large files to end of the drive, minimum file size and even files/folder to exclude while defragmenting.

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
inceptionist i dont think u need another program but its on you !!! @ Sam tune up.utility is good if pc con fig is low but its useless for latest hardware !)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you really want to reduce boot time, disable unnecessary start-ups and redundant services (careful with services). Lastly, defrag system drive. But, even after all this, 30 sec itself seems too good time to reduce from.

tkin

Back to school!!
inceptionist i dont think u need another program but its on you !!! @ Sam tune up.utility is good if pc con fig is low but its useless for latest hardware !)
Windows defragment tool is great, but it lacks absolutely any control, hence we use third party tools.

tkin

Back to school!!
K . What are the must have software will u guys recommend to a new pc owner ???
A. CCleaner to delete temps files, fix startup entries, uninstaller as well as to fix registry issues.
B. IOBit Smart Defrag 2 to defrag HDD(except C Drive, never defrag C drive)
C. The link I gave in top to optimize the C drive.
D. Cleanmem to clean memory if you have 2GB or less RAM.

tkin

Back to school!!
Not to defrag c drive why ??
In C drive the files are laid out by the OS using a special method so it loads faster, say the files to load at start up are A, B, C, now in C they will be laid according to this order, but defragging them compacts them to say BxxxxxxAxxxxC, xxx representing the other files, so it becomes slow, the inbuilt windows defragger does not defrag C very much just for this reason(it will defrag documents etc but it will leave out core windows files), but external defraggers tend to compact the files to much, best way to optimize C is to use the method I posted above.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well for me following works best
1. TuneUp Utilities
2. Revo Uninstaller
3. Auslogics Disk Defrag

The trio is more than enough for me.

Top Bottom