System malfunctioning after PSU upgrade, clueless, urgent help needed !!

sahil1033

In the zone
I upgraded my cabinet and PSU (NZXT Gamma and Corsair GS600 respectively) and now PC is showing some problems. I've no idea why is this happening? When I plug 2 USB devices, my mouse power automatically goes off and re-plugging the mouse doesn't help, the only option left with me is restarting the system. Does it have anything to do with UPS? Infact yesterday my UPS went off in less than a minute after electricity cut-off. Help please.

Which UPS are you using? It could be the problem as some UPS and PSU have problem with each other when the PSU employees active PFC and the UPS outputs sudo-sine wave.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
^^ Okay I'll try that and let you know, one more thing, since now I'm using 600W PSU and earlier I was using 350 W PSU and I'm using simple plug (i guess 5 A one). So, is that the reason for all this?

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Nothing happened, same is the case now also when i plug in my Micromax MMX 300C modem, mouse power goes off.
I'm seriously pissed off at what's happening. My modem doesn't show up in My Computer, it's my luck that the software to run the program is installed on both (lappy and desktop), if any how i lose it, i'm finished. The software can't be found on the internet and Micromax is so careless, they don't even provide the software online. Now, the tragedy is when i plug my modem on lappt, it works but when i plug it in my PC, it doesn't connect to the internet. What sort of problem is this? For the first time in my life, I'm annoyed with my PC. Please help me with all these, I QUIT !!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you still have your old 350W psu try running your system with that & see if issue remains.

if problem still remains it may be due to some corrupted windows driver/registry entry.take a look here but note that using USBDeview may result in non-working micromax software so make a backup of the program.
Why is my USB mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly and often? - Super User

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
I don't have that PSU anymore and now I'm facing one more problem, i connect my lappy and desktop with a crossover ethernet cable and hola! my desktop is not even recognising the ethernet cable. Why am I facing so many problems? :pullhair::hissyfit:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Remove the system from the case and give it a try again. If it works the way it should, make sure you re-install it properly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting a feeling that mobo is the main culprit here .. btw, @ OP - did you try scanning the whole HDD for viruses, if yes try a fresh reinstall of windows.

Top Bottom