System Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivek788

In the zone
I had bought a new system recently.Using windows in it hsa never been smooth.had lots of probs...so had removed windows permanently.Now reinstalled it last week.

Now system is crashing out of the blue,all buttons and menus just dont respond.Some times it crashes while playing certain games(metal gear etc).OK,cud be s/w issue.But also crashes when system is idly downloading.
I schedule downloads and wake up in morning to see system frozen over.On reset reluctantly,the disk checking comes up on rebooting.And they delete scores of data like Index,pts,image,etc.. and with them once they deleted a torrent file and its contents ....(i cudnt believe why checking C: needs to deletes files in D:).This time I saw them delete the utorrent_ptr.
And.....on booting up,utorrent is as gud as new...all torrents gone....i had redownload torrent files to resume...thank goodness the downloaded files werent disturbed as before.This is really horrible.

What could be the reason for this?I cant figure out why it crashes when no user action is involved.Is it the board,RAM or the 120gb hard disk(PATA) tat i download all movies to while using my 250gb (SATA).....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1st properly resit your every componets.
2nd Check for heating issue.

This could be a Ram problem. Try to replace your Ram modules

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
this is new RAM...and system doesnt crash everytime....just when i leave it on with utorrent on...cud be access to my old 120gb hard disk tats crashing it.
And no problems while using in linux...though i am yet to check running utorrent with the old hard disk from linux....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^ I've heard that utorrent have some kind of problem with nvidia network access manager. So try to uninstall Nvidia Network Access Manager or You
can try azureus instead of utorrent

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
NO................today my downloads stopped as system came to halt at about 4 in morning..I saw a bsod at 8 wen i woke up.
had contents like page fault,driver or h/w problem etc...RAM is at complaint or some driver???
I had casually gone through the dump file that was created.It had some names but not clearly...like driver in complaint %s...but name was not readable format....please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom