System (CPU+Monitor) needed within 15k for my elder sister

saz

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:Would be mainly used by my elder sister for her clinic to run various homeopathy softwares. But would be occasionally used by my nephew for light gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:15k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have a old 80 GB HDD...not sure if its SATA for IDE. If its IDE would have to buy may be 250 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Resolution not an issue. 15' to 19' will do.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard,mouse and ups...

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in about 2weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I was think of AMD APU config for this....

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel G645 @ 3.2K
Asus H61 Motherboard @ 3K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram @ 1.2K
Samsung-Seagate 250GB HDD @ 2.6K (O.E.M version)
Local Intex/Frontech Cabinet with 450W SMPS @ 1K
AOC/BenQ 15.6" LED Display (1366X768) @ 4K
LG 22X SATA DVD R/W @ 0.9K

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
@Cilus: Thanks for your reply. Is there any AMD APU alternative under this budget? As the system would also be used for mild gaming.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The only APU available is AMD A4-5300K. it is based on AMD Piledriver design and basically a single Module-two Core design. Although it comes with better IGP, the processing power is not as good as G645. For gaming, I think you can add some Graphics card like GT 620 1GB DDR3 @ 2.8/3K later.

Top Bottom